October 24, 2014 | 1999 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

SO gorgeous! I seriously am getting little thrills every time it catches in the light! Almost perfect in one coat, but seriously stunning crimson sparkly perfection in two. Love, love, love.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Rebecca753

This is a great red glitter. It looks great under a coat of Seche Vite. I got the mini but I'll definitely be buying a full size. This is a great replacement for OPI Thanks So Muchness which was a limited color to promote Alice In Wonderland.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by kristinamw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite polishes! Every time I have this on my nails, I find myself looking down at my hands all throughout the day. The glitter really catches the light and always looks great. I'm fair and I've had problems finding a red that I felt went well with my skin tone until I found Ruby Pumps. It was fun to wear around the holidays but I definitely won't stop myself from applying this any month of the year. This is really such a happy color and makes me feel great right away!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous nail polish. This is different to other glittery nail polishes since the glitter here is more concentrated, therefore it stands out more. I always get compliments when I wear this nail polish! Only thing I dislike is that is hard to remove; the glitter gets stuck to my nails and I have to spend tons of time for removing everything :/

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkiie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE LOVE LOVE. This colour is AMAZING, around the holidays its even better :). Most polishes with sparkles in them tend to seperate and begin to lose its 'wow-factor' after awhile, not this one. China glaze is my favourite brand based upon the colours and the quality! The red sparkles in this red polish really pop and make that LBD look fab! I use 3 coats just to get a deep red, 2 coats looks too light for the sultry look when using red.
Dorothy and I highley recommend ♥

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Ahti

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I know that this is so, so popular, but I don't really like it, there's something very tacky about it. Every time I try to have it on my nails, I change polish during the evening.

It works ok with my skin tone (fair, golden undertones), so that's not the problem, it's just so tacky that I end up hating it. China Glaze in general is a master at producing garish colours and this is no exception to that.

The formula is your typical CG, it's not the best, but not the worst either, and it takes a long, long time to dry even with a fast dry top coat.

I do have to say though that every time I use this I can see that people are taking long looks at my nails, so it's definitely an eye catcher with almost magical glitter.

Maybe I am too much of a minimalist to like this, I like to dress in clear cut clothes, which are mainly white, black, and grey (right now my fav polish is essies bordeaux), don't like jewelry all that much etc. I think that for example someone with a fun maybe a bit gothic style would absolutely love this polish, and look good with it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by mzebra

Sorry if you do not have this in your collection, you might not be a polish fiend. Yes, I usually prefer wearing creams, however this is neither a pain to apply or remove. The sparkle instantly lifts my mood and makes my happy. Even though glittery reds at can be synonymous with the holidays, this is great year around.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by BrittCastsFireballs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Drop. Dead. GORGEOUS!
I'm not a huge fan of bright reds -- I prefer an almost black, blood-red (such as CG's "Prey Tell" in the Safari collection) -- however, I bought this in the mini to give it a whirl for the holidays and loved it so much that I went back and bought a full size bottle. I was immediately sold. It really does look just like Dorothy's "Ruby Pumps".
It was opaque for me in two to three coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by 8erica8

This is a must have for every red-lovers! It's such an amazing red polish with a great shine. Three coats for opacity.
And I also love it after layered over black. Trust me: A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ShopaholicsAnonymous

This is one of my top polishes of all time for many reasons. One is obviously the color. A gorgeous glitter that definitely evokes Dorothy's shoes in Wizard of Oz. The application is flawless. You couldn't ask for better. There's no cuticle drag. The formula is the perfect consistency. It's sheer but builds to opacity in 2-3 coats. It does not require a base color. The wear time is amazing on me. I used it with my typical BC/TC combo: CND Stickey BC and Gelous+SV on top, and it lasted a full week without chipping. And I work retail so I'm very hard on my hands.

Bottom Line: This is the perfect polish. Everyone needs this one in their collection.