China Glaze Ruby Pumps

4.7

on 4/15/2013 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The most beautiful polish I own! Perfect ruby colour with very fine glitter particles. Definitely lives up to it's name, looks just like Dorothy's ruby slippers in Wizard of Oz. Opaque in 2 coats and not streaky. LOVE this nail polish.

this is the perfect Christmas colour and i wear it even when it isn't Christmas i love the red glitter in it and is is so sparkly and cute

on 3/4/2013 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm not a fan of red, I even do not own any red clothing. I splurged for this after all the reviews on the beauty blogs raving about it. I now see why. This is amazing. The color is a perfect light ruby red. The way the polish glitters, shimmers, and glimmers when it is in the light is truly breath taking. The formula is a little thicker than the typical china glaze polish since it has glitter. It applies like a dream, not runny like some other CG polishes. I find two-three coats makes it opaque, and I get a solid five days of wear at least compared to 3-4 days with other CG polishes (I am very rough on my nails). I get so many compliments when I wear this polish, and all of my friends always say "I can't stop staring at the way it glitters!" This is a beautiful polish, and if you do not like red like me, I really suggest giving this one a try.

on 3/2/2013 8:27:00 AM

China Glaze Ruby Pumps absolutely FLOORED me, that's how beautiful it is. When it comes to nail polish, I feel like red is one of those colors you shouldn't even bother with unless it's exactly right. Know what I mean? When they made Ruby Pumps it's like they took the perfect, flirty, sexy, classy red and then made it a GLITTER. Utter perfection. This is truly a must-have!!!

on 2/10/2013 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I LOVE this color. If you love red, this is a must have polish. It was easy to apply, complete coverage with two coats. I got so many compliments!

I used Nailtiques 1 as the base and Sally Hansen's Diamond Flash top coat and it lasted a week easily.

I didn't have trouble removing the polish, I use a jar of CVS's non-acetone polish remover. I just place my nail in the jar for a short amount of time and it all comes off very easily.

on 2/6/2013 5:06:00 PM

Love this! I get so many compliments when I wear this. The only con is it is hard to remove, the glitter likes to stick and I had to use many cotton balls to get it off. Just a minor con though, anything with glittler will be more difficlut to remove.

on 2/2/2013 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

SO gorgeous! I seriously am getting little thrills every time it catches in the light! Almost perfect in one coat, but seriously stunning crimson sparkly perfection in two. Love, love, love.

on 2/2/2013 1:30:00 AM

This is a great red glitter. It looks great under a coat of Seche Vite. I got the mini but I'll definitely be buying a full size. This is a great replacement for OPI Thanks So Muchness which was a limited color to promote Alice In Wonderland.

on 1/23/2013 4:45:00 AM

This is one of my favorite polishes! Every time I have this on my nails, I find myself looking down at my hands all throughout the day. The glitter really catches the light and always looks great. I'm fair and I've had problems finding a red that I felt went well with my skin tone until I found Ruby Pumps. It was fun to wear around the holidays but I definitely won't stop myself from applying this any month of the year. This is really such a happy color and makes me feel great right away!

on 1/23/2013 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Gorgeous nail polish. This is different to other glittery nail polishes since the glitter here is more concentrated, therefore it stands out more. I always get compliments when I wear this nail polish! Only thing I dislike is that is hard to remove; the glitter gets stuck to my nails and I have to spend tons of time for removing everything :/

Popular Polishes