Nivea Eye Make-Up Remover

3.5

on 9/9/2008 8:06:00 AM

I have been using this eye make up remover for years, ever since I saw it touted in some fashion/style magazine. I have very dry skin so I lube-lube-lube. This means I need to wear some pretty heavy duty mascara if I want to avoid raccoon eyes. It also means that my mascara is a bear to get off. This stuff works like a whiz, I use it as an all over make up remover, but specifically I start on my eyes, rub it on my lashes, let it sit for a few seconds, and then apply to the rest of my face. Then I just wash it off with cleanser. The consistancy is a little runny, but it also doesn't make me feel greasy, like some eye make up removers that are oily, or cloggy, like super creamy removers. I have never been able to find it locally---our Ulta store has a spot on the shelf for it, but they never have any in stock, so I buy six or so tubes at a time online. I also like it doesn't have a lot of cluttery packaging. It arrives and it's just a blue tube of good product. Very practical. Unless they discontinue it---and I hope they never do!---I'll never switch from this product.

on 7/20/2008 10:26:00 PM

This is the eye makeup remover in a blue tube. I like this product because i wear contacts and it doesnt irritate my eyes. Yes, it is a bit runny but i find it easy to spread and remove my eye mu with this. I also use this as a full face mu remover when I wear long lasting foundations such as EL doublewear light. It removes my mu quite nicely and is great for the price! The only con i can think of is the screw cap- it would be more convenient with a flip cap. I dont know any place that sells this besides Ulta so I try to stock up. It was on sale for $4.11.

Update: I still cannot find this anywhere else but a specific ULTA about 30 minutes away from my house. I am thinking of trying Albolene once I run out of my current tube of Nivea since Albolene is much easier to find.
Another Update 11/16: I read that Nivea was discontinuing their Visage line in the US. I purchased 8 tubes of this after... =(

on 7/19/2008 6:50:00 PM

This stuff is too runny. It's like a very thin lotion. Some people with very sensitive and dry lids may appreciate a cream-based remover, but this stuff just runs into my eyes and stings. not to mention, it drips off my cotton ball and kinda smears my makeup all over. It takes a few more swipes with a dry cotton ball to get my makeup off. Takes too much work to find a "balance" where I have enough remover to take off makeup cleanly (without the use of a second cotton ball) and not so much that it drips into my eyes. But for what it does, it works well and I can see why some people would like a the gentle cream formula. For me, though, I like the Neutrogena eye makeup remover MUCH better. One thing though, this stuff is pretty good for "spot removing" makeup with a cotton swab when you make little mistakes in the morning, but it's too much of an annoyance to actually take off yoru makeup in the evenings.

on 6/26/2008 6:08:00 PM

I didn't care for this. It removed makeup, but not as easily as other oil-based removers do, and it ended up irritating my eyes because my mascara wouldn't come off. I'm usually satisfied with Nivea, but not this product. In the bin it went.

on 5/31/2008 6:09:00 PM

I love this. It's gentle, cheap, and effectively removes my eye makeup. I can't seem to find it in stores anymore, though, which is concerning because I don't want to use to anything else.

on 4/1/2008 9:52:00 AM

This is my HG eye makeup remover. I'm really disappointed that I can't find it in any of my local stores, but I can still find it for sale online so I might have to place an order soon. I love this because it's really creamy, takes my mascara off gently, and doesn't leave a residue (unlike the cold cream I am using now). I prefer a creamy formula like this to the other common eye makeup removers at the store, like a liquid or the pads, because with those I always felt like I had to rub too hard to get all the mascara off. With this it comes off easily without rubbing hard.

on 3/21/2008 12:59:00 AM

I went to a drugstore to buy eye makeup remover. They only had L'Oreal and Nivea, and since L'Oreal one burnt my skin, I bought Nivea one.

It is gentle and doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes, but it doesn't work well as eye makeup remover. I find I have to use a lot to take off relatively small amount of makeup, and it doesn't take off waterproof makeup at all.

I will not repurchase this product, and I doubt I will use up what I have. Save your money and buy something else because besides the fact it's gentle, it's useless. continued >>

on 3/16/2008 12:56:00 PM

I am currently using this now and it is really creamy and feels nice on my eyes. Unfortunately, it doesn't remove waterproof makeup (even though it says it does) and I generally use waterproof mascara. Too bad it doesn't really work the way I want it to because the product is really nice.

on 2/18/2008 6:19:00 AM

This remover was really cheap. It's pretty good for the money. It doesn't irritate my eyes so much. I wish it was watery or oily rather than lotion type. It works fine since I don't wear waterproof makeup. And it is fairly gentle.

on 1/17/2008 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It doesnt take my waterproof mascara and eyeliner off.

I personally dont like it.