November 22, 2014 | 874 users online

Treatments (Face) - Alpha Hydrox - AHA Souffle 12 percent Glycolic AHA

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by loonieme

ahhh so i started using this product on Sunday night and I was pretty iffy about using it because I have very acne prone skin. to be honest, my skin is breaking out pretty badly, and I have every kind of pimple at the moment. from little whiteheads to big painful zits. ahh i'm sure this is my "purging" stage, and I'm hoping for these breakouts to clear up in the following weeks! good thing is though that I don't feel any sort of tingling or pain at all when using this. overall, my skin complexion looks much brighter and my skin tone looks more even. i will definitely keep using this product!
UPDATE! so i've been using this for about two and a half weeks now, and i am definitely still in the purging phase. it's quite a nightmare, but i'm determined to stick with the product until this purging phase is over. i'm getting lots of pimples on my chin, and also tiny little bumps all over my cheeks and jawline. SO FRUSTRATING.
UPDATE #2! i started using clean and clear persa gel, which is a 10% benzoyl peroxide cream, and it literally cleared up my bumps within a couple of days. my skin is now looking so amazing. the aha has really evened out my skin tone and my skin just looks so much smoother. loving it! i will update again after a couple of months because i know that my skin will only continue to improve after more time using this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Go to your nearest Walgreen's and buy this cream NOW! This is by far the best purchase I have ever made...period! I am a week into using AHA Souffle and my skin has never looked better. It's truly a miracle! My complexion is brighter, more even and I've kissed my breakouts goodbye! I have deep undereye creases right where my undereyes meets
my cheeks. Boom! ...Significantly smoothed out in three days flat!
I am a believer now. I will never be without an extra jar of this cream in my possession. It stings a little at first but it's worth the results. I've read about people going through a purging stage and a peeling stage but that has not happened to me. The worst thing so far is I got a little in my eye and it stung like hell! Go get this product!!!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This cream is a dream come true. I'm on my second jar now, and it's definitely HG status for me. It's given me the best skin of my life! Totally clear, even, smooth, soft.... and consistently so! it's amazing. In the past i was really liking Retin-A, but it was always touch-and-go with dryness, etc. But this alpha hydrox soufflee is so much easier on the skin with much better/faster results. Since using this cream at night, i don't have to use a cleanser in the morning anymore --just a splash of water. And at night i cleanse with Olay Daily Facials for normal skin. That's it. Fantastic cream and definitely worth a try. In the past i tried using the gel formula, but it was too drying. This soufflee is much gentler, and more effective.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This gives me better skin than any other product I've tried, both by Alpha Hydrox or any other line. Although I honestly feel that Alha Hydrox products that I tried have been very very good, this one is just better!
It does what AHAs are meant to do. It exfoliates, clears up acne, moisturizes, gives a clearer, brighter complexion...overnight!
My skin: moderately oily t zone and dry to normal cheeks. I'm not overly prone to breakouts, except on those few, special, days before that time of the month ( but this product is particularly helpful during this time).

I purchased this in TJ Maxx for $ 7.99, it's not always there but I have seen it a lot more lately.
Must apply sunscreen otherwise you will expose newly, freshly exfoliated baby skin to the sun, which is aging and a definite NO-NO. So wear sunscreen !!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Raychxelle

Before I start, I will say my skin tone is pretty uneven, left with some hefty acne scars and faint brown spots on my fair skin. I looked up products on Ulta's website and this showed up in my search for "treatments." The description states that it does help to even out skin tone and texture. I was EXTREMELY hesitant about trying this product as I read about skin purging and with my horrible experience with acne when I was a teen (I had to be put on Accutane because I had such severe skin issues) I was very nervous. Here and there as of late I get patches of acne right in my chin/cheek area and I know it had to do with being on and off birth control many times within the last couple of years. So I decided to just give it a shot even if it was just for a couple of weeks to see how it worked on my skin. It's been great so far. Just a couple of days ago my chin area began to do its purging but I expected there to be a huge huge patch of acne spots on my face. These are barely noticeable what feel like millions of mini bumps on this area. You cannot even see the outlines of them. They are only noticeable when you actually touch that area. The rest of my face hasn't had any other sort of reaction to this souffle. Within the first full week I got random zits here and there but they were dried out and gone literally within a day. It's begun to dwindle down now after just a week and a half of using this product. Honestly I don't see a huge change in my complexion but again this is just because I've been using it for less then 2 weeks. I wanted to write this review early for those who are hesitant in purchasing who, like me, noticed the abudance of reviews talking about how the "skin purging" stage is. Overall, this stage is really not bad at all. I will edit this review after a month of use. Hopefully I will then see a difference in tone and texture. Stay tuned.....

Also FYI - this product is great in small dime uses. You DO NOT need a whole lot. That was my biggest mistake the first night I used it. Just a dime size and it will be enough otherwise your face will be left feeling a bit greasy, especially if you use this twice a day like I do and apply it under your makeup and after an SPF moisturizer. Use sparingly! Also (and I think this might have to do with me already using nightly a Glycolic gel cleanser) I haven't experienced any red patches or areas of severe sensitivity like some reviewers have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by impishnature

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Me: 40s/white/natural and sun "enhanced" freckles ha ha/normal-to-oily skin...no significant wrinkling (yet). I have some sun damage/uneven skin tone, blackheads on the sides of my nose, occasional giant elephant-sized single zit breakouts on my chin. Hate them. But hey! No longer!

I don't like using moisturizers/products on my face...I know! I l know! I just don't. I used to just wash my face in the shower and that's that. Even a scrub can whack my skin out; creams break me out. Best just to clean it and leave it alone!

After having my 2nd baby, my skin went through the usual hormonal shifts. When they stopped a year later, I was left with weird patches of dry skin on my normally normal-to-oily face and these monster hormonal single pimples from the depths of HELL that would appear on my chin that would last for weeks. *insert four letter word here*. I tried this just based on its fantastic/top of the pile reputation here.

It's amazing. I use it after I shower. It took about 2-3 weeks for me to actually believe the change on my face and not think it was just another phase. If you're trying this, give it time...not a few days or even a week.

PROS: Softens skin, brightens, evens tone a bit, completely nuked all breakouts. All. No period zits, nada. The dry patches are gone. I've never had skin this soft...wild. And the fact I'm rubbing a cream-like product on my face without breaking out? Absolutely unheard of. It makes my skin look more dewy, fresh, even -- abso - freakin' - lutely makes it appear younger just by giving it those qualities.

CONS: Not many. Packaging -- almost annoying (but not quite) to have to scoop out the cream with a plastic paddle vs. more hygienic tube.

Can't recommend this enough -- it feels light, doesn't grease up your face, it WORKS (softens/brightens/fades uneven skin/nukes acne and helps, but doesn't eliminate, blackheads), it's not pricey, easy to find online, etc. I use nothing else (no special cleaning/moisturizing, etc.). One jar lasts me about 3 months. I use it about 4x per week.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by djr3322

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin went through a through cleansing/purging the fist week of using this product. For me this meant a multitude of small white bumps accompanied by several cysts in the forehead region. Though despite the hellish purging of my problem skin I could notice the tone of my skin to be greatly improved, it was smoother and more radiant. I saw great results with this product that I thought were not possible having used many other things that were ineffective.

Also, i experienced a lot of stinging and burning in the beginning, enough to make me wonder.. my skin in not sensitive at all either and the irritation was hard to take. Three weeks later though that all subsided and I'm left with skin on its way to perfection.

Glycolic acid is a wonderful ingredient for skin. It is strong, efficiently effective, and I'm left with the timeless assurance that "Powerful demons require a powerful exorcism".

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by woooooosha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just got this, and I intend to update once I get further into the jar. Wanted to review on initial feelings.

-My skin is in the worst shape it has ever been. I have extremely acne-prone skin. It is very dry. It is also oily, patchy, uneven, and in the past 2 years I have had problem with hyper-pigmentation (which I had never had before in my life, even with moderate/severe acne in high school). Did not want to go to a derm and be put on drugs just yet, so I have been trying everything under the sun, without many results. The thing that had been sort of keeping my acne at bay has been Apple Cider Vinegar, but it is very harsh to the skin and has only been effective in treating the acne, not so much preventing it. So, after reading that AHA might help, I'm giving it a try.

So far, I have only experienced relief. It doesn't sting or irritate my skin when I put it on (it tingles a bit for about 30 seconds), and I have only been using a teeny tiny bit. It seems to cover really well and easily, and I want to make sure I don't have an adverse reaction. I will slowly add more as I progress. I have noticed some small bumps, but rather than pores getting congested, irritated, and infected, it looks as if deep clogs are surfacing. There is no pain associated with these bumps, so I'm hopeful that my skin is just now able to push out gunk that has been there for ages. I will be impressed if that is the case, because my pores are major-league congested.

It is a very calming way to exfoliate, so I hope it works. I cannot do physical exfoliation, as I break out like crazy. Will update soon.

EDIT - Day 4: Holy cow, this stuff is awesome! I have seen a reduction in zits (not a huge one, but definitely noticeable!) and a HUGE difference in skin texture! I am seriously hoping it only gets better from here. After only a few days, my face is looking less red and blotchy, wayyy smoother, and my pores feel... less clogged. It's hard to describe. I have been getting the occasional bump, that when touched slightly, will ooze a bit of waxy sebum. Nothing inflamed. Purging perhaps? Otherwise, some of the active acne lesions on my face are still there, and have been somewhat irritated. I am excited for them to heal so that I can finally see what my face looks like clearer. I have increased the amount I put on, and have noticed a mild stinging.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by shafna

I am not very sure how much i like this product, but i do apply is religiously every night.
I actually get it shipped to the middle east cos we dont get it here and its not cheap with the shipping costs.
This is like a regular cream. I had inititally use the 10%lotion and then moved up to this. I usually wash my face at night and then apply this.
I dont recommend this in the mornings unless u want to really get tanned.
If i have small cuts on my face (pimple, etc) or very dry skin, then its burns.. but just for a second or two.
the only reason i think this is working is cos i am 31, and i was travelling earlier this year and people thought i was younger, more like 26 or so. I have two small babies, and lack of sleep and yet if ppl think that, its a good thing no?
Anyways, next update in 5 yrs :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for several weeks now. During the first week or so, I did have some very minor breakouts - just a few whiteheads here and there. After the first week my skin fully cleared up and is looking the best it has in a while. I can't say that I see a dramatic difference but I do feel like the texture and tone of my skin has improved. I will continue to use this.

I apply this at night after I've cleansed my face. After the AHA has soaked into my skin, I apply a nighttime moisturizer.