October 31, 2014 | 1038 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by pemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this really is worth the hype.
the lady @ the mac counter said it would give you a goddess type glow.
she was 110% correct! it is the perfect mix of gold and coral... fantastic.
the only thing i did notice is that the top of the msf gives you a nice color than later down.... still fantastic!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this MSF. I only bought it because it was available on nordstrom.com, so I thought, hey why not? I tried several ways to use it as a blush and a highlighter. As a blush, it was too shimmery on my cheeks. The color was amazing but too shimmery. I tried using it as a highlighter but then again, it was too shimmery or too pinkish on my skin (NC30). I put it on top as a highlighter on my cheekbone on top of my blush and it looks amazing. I only do a swipe with my blush brush and swipe it onto the tops of my cheeks and the color and shimmer and sheen contrast with my blush is beautiful. I could see this lasting forever for me considering I hardly touch it. I got it when the collection came out for the new stereorose when everyone went crazy for its release, and use it a couple of times a week and it looks good a new still and its been.. half a year? or so? but yeah. if it comes out again, GO GET IT. Don't believe the hype though, it's good, but not SUPER AMAZING. So if you don't think you need it then pass, you won't die. trust.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by almost40

RIS and I love it! I didnt understand the hype when this came out a few months back and I wasnt bothered that it was sold out.
Then I was offered this in a swap and I thought why not and am so pleased I now have this.It looks beautiful in the pan and is unlike any other blush/highlight I have.Theres no glitter,just a glow which at my age is vital ;o)
I've worn this alone as a subtle blush and it looked gorgeous and lasted hours and today I wore it over franklyscarlet and it looked lovely too.
Im thrilled I ahve this now and its become one of my fave makeup items.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this for a friend since she was unable to get it for herself when it was released, and she let me use it until we were able to meet up (great friend!). I didn't have the money at the time to buy one for myself, so I was worried I would love it after trying hers and forever regret it. I admit I was also very curious because of the hype...who wasn't?!

I am very pleased and relieved to report that I absolutely hated this product on me. It was way, way too burnt orangey on me. I've found that warm blushes look best on me (I have red hair) so I was surprised this looked so awful, even with light application with a 187. Looking at photos I took in natural light that day of wearing it...they were all ruined (as far as I'm concerned) because my cheeks looked terrible. Not flattering at all on my extremely fair skin.

As far as MSFs go though, this is a nice one. Nice smooth texture, minimal shimmer, no glitter chunks. It's also pigmented enough to use alone as a blush. That's where it earned its 2 lipsticks from. It just looked so bad on me. For such a hyped up product, I can only see this working on some people - it's definitely not universally flattering, in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by shoppingaffair

Knowing that this was a highly sought after product before it was released, I had high hopes for it and even called my counter to reserve the day In the Groove collection launched. This turns out as a beautiful blush on my fair skin (NC/NW15-20). It looks like a soft peach but isn't too pinky- just the way I like it. The texture is really smooth too.
I don't need much each time so it should last me a long time..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by em1282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I feel like it's mean to add another review to this, since it's impossible to find, but this has to be my favorite MAC MSF so far. I have about 20 of them (yes I'm slightly deranged) but this is quickly becoming my favorite for an everyday, shimmery but not glitterbomb-y, look-like-you're-lit-from-within-even-though-you-got-4-hours-of-sleep product. I'm NC35 for reference and this shows up beautifully on me. I sweep it on my cheeks and up to my temples and it makes me look so much more awake. I wish MAC would just make this one permanent. Le sigh. Don't know if it's worth the crazy eBay prices, since I'm not sure if it's dupeable or not, but I'd buy another one if they repromoted it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by macstar05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I didn't know what all the hype was about when I've seen it in pictures it looked blah, but when it was release with in the groove collection I went to check it out, and when I swatched it I immediately fell in love it is One of MAC's best Mineralized Skinfinishes hands down. The color itself is very unique and when applied it looks like a coral, peachy pinky color, I use it as a blush and it gives just the right amount of shimmer to my cheeks. I don't know what else to say everybody knows it's great.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by KTcoleman30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color is way too reddish for my skin tone. And I don't see what all the hype is about. I feel like this is very similar to the Redhead MSF. The reason I don't really like it is because it makes my cheeks look kind of reddish and I end up looking drunk, which is NOT a look I'm going for.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by grayeyes043

Great color....love t use this as a blush....no sparkely glitter stuff in it at all. It has a soft sheen/shimmer to it which is great in my opinion. Color is like a corally/pinky shade...so great to use as an every day blush.
the only problem with this blush is that it doesn't last at all on its own or over another powder blush....must use a cream blush underneath it to get it to last more than 3 hours.
Would I recommend it...no b/c there are other brands that have unique colors that last for a long period like nars...even the cheaper brands like Nyx can produce blush that can last more than an hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by baileyandbiscuit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG blush! I missed out on the chance to purchase, but managed to find it through a swap with an awesome MUAer. It gives a lovely flush to my NC25 skin and I adore the hint of shimmer. It's definitely not too glittery or over the top. I reach for it often and use it as part of my neutral, everyday look. There seems to be a ton of product in the pan and I don't see it running out anytime soon. I certainly hope it comes back!!!