July 30, 2014 | 1572 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by almost40

RIS and I love it! I didnt understand the hype when this came out a few months back and I wasnt bothered that it was sold out.
Then I was offered this in a swap and I thought why not and am so pleased I now have this.It looks beautiful in the pan and is unlike any other blush/highlight I have.Theres no glitter,just a glow which at my age is vital ;o)
I've worn this alone as a subtle blush and it looked gorgeous and lasted hours and today I wore it over franklyscarlet and it looked lovely too.
Im thrilled I ahve this now and its become one of my fave makeup items.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this for a friend since she was unable to get it for herself when it was released, and she let me use it until we were able to meet up (great friend!). I didn't have the money at the time to buy one for myself, so I was worried I would love it after trying hers and forever regret it. I admit I was also very curious because of the hype...who wasn't?!

I am very pleased and relieved to report that I absolutely hated this product on me. It was way, way too burnt orangey on me. I've found that warm blushes look best on me (I have red hair) so I was surprised this looked so awful, even with light application with a 187. Looking at photos I took in natural light that day of wearing it...they were all ruined (as far as I'm concerned) because my cheeks looked terrible. Not flattering at all on my extremely fair skin.

As far as MSFs go though, this is a nice one. Nice smooth texture, minimal shimmer, no glitter chunks. It's also pigmented enough to use alone as a blush. That's where it earned its 2 lipsticks from. It just looked so bad on me. For such a hyped up product, I can only see this working on some people - it's definitely not universally flattering, in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by shoppingaffair

Knowing that this was a highly sought after product before it was released, I had high hopes for it and even called my counter to reserve the day In the Groove collection launched. This turns out as a beautiful blush on my fair skin (NC/NW15-20). It looks like a soft peach but isn't too pinky- just the way I like it. The texture is really smooth too.
I don't need much each time so it should last me a long time..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by em1282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I feel like it's mean to add another review to this, since it's impossible to find, but this has to be my favorite MAC MSF so far. I have about 20 of them (yes I'm slightly deranged) but this is quickly becoming my favorite for an everyday, shimmery but not glitterbomb-y, look-like-you're-lit-from-within-even-though-you-got-4-hours-of-sleep product. I'm NC35 for reference and this shows up beautifully on me. I sweep it on my cheeks and up to my temples and it makes me look so much more awake. I wish MAC would just make this one permanent. Le sigh. Don't know if it's worth the crazy eBay prices, since I'm not sure if it's dupeable or not, but I'd buy another one if they repromoted it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by macstar05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I didn't know what all the hype was about when I've seen it in pictures it looked blah, but when it was release with in the groove collection I went to check it out, and when I swatched it I immediately fell in love it is One of MAC's best Mineralized Skinfinishes hands down. The color itself is very unique and when applied it looks like a coral, peachy pinky color, I use it as a blush and it gives just the right amount of shimmer to my cheeks. I don't know what else to say everybody knows it's great.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by KTcoleman30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color is way too reddish for my skin tone. And I don't see what all the hype is about. I feel like this is very similar to the Redhead MSF. The reason I don't really like it is because it makes my cheeks look kind of reddish and I end up looking drunk, which is NOT a look I'm going for.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by grayeyes043

Great color....love t use this as a blush....no sparkely glitter stuff in it at all. It has a soft sheen/shimmer to it which is great in my opinion. Color is like a corally/pinky shade...so great to use as an every day blush.
the only problem with this blush is that it doesn't last at all on its own or over another powder blush....must use a cream blush underneath it to get it to last more than 3 hours.
Would I recommend it...no b/c there are other brands that have unique colors that last for a long period like nars...even the cheaper brands like Nyx can produce blush that can last more than an hour.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by baileyandbiscuit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG blush! I missed out on the chance to purchase, but managed to find it through a swap with an awesome MUAer. It gives a lovely flush to my NC25 skin and I adore the hint of shimmer. It's definitely not too glittery or over the top. I reach for it often and use it as part of my neutral, everyday look. There seems to be a ton of product in the pan and I don't see it running out anytime soon. I certainly hope it comes back!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

One of MAC's best Mineralized Skinfinishes. I love Stereo Rose, and the unique color that shows up when applied- its like a coral with a hint of peach and pink, and just the perfect touch of shimmer (not glitter!) ...... When I heard this was being released again with MAC's 'In The Groove' collection, I had to have it- and so did hundreds of other people! :) ....When I recieved a backorder email I was sad, but figured that maybe it wasn't that great of a product. Anywho, I then had a chance to swap for this- and I'm so happy I did. The color is certainly different, yes its coral (which isn't new) but there is just something about ST that makes it just beautiful. ST can be used as a blush of course, or you can apply this lightly over another blush to give it a nice sheen. Everytime I wear this, I get asked at least once what blush it is :P ....is it worth the hype? that is up to you of course, I think this color is perfect for every skin-tone- lighter ladies should use a stippling brush as this can be easily overdone at times. I'm very happy with my Stereo Rose, and I'm trying not to to use all of it up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by piratecaptain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't even know I am adding my review here since we all know this is the GREATEST MINERALIZED BLUSH in existence.....But I just had to share the joy. I received mine in swap a few weeks ago, all the while thinking I was probably not even going to like it, I mean how could any blush have caused such a fervor? Well, I get it now. I freaking love this blush, for its brightening coral-pink color, its golden glow, and its pink iridescence. It is always just the right blush to put ion when I am feeling pale, or drab, or sallow. Makes me feel pretty and vibrant. LOVE. Go find one.