Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 2/16/2015 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The best way I can describe this moisturizer is 'average', at best. I prefer when moisturizers come with a pump, but I was willing to overlook that as this product has so many good reviews. I have very normal skin, not oily or particularly dry, but wanted to give my skin a boost after months of dry winter weather. Its better than nothing, but did nothing to really moisturize my skin. It felt nice when first applied, but five minutes later I felt like I needed to go put more on...and then more. Will not be repurchasing. I much prefer Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel (which is also oil-free).

I received a deluxe sample of this and while I was happy to have and use this gel-creme. The texture is super nice and kind of renewed my interest in Clinique skincare, if I'm honest. It glides on really nicely and lightly and feels comfortable on the skin. It is winter in a cold climate for me, and I was hoping this would hydrate more (given the name)... But it only provided a very light amount of moisture. I could see this being great in more hot and humid weather. I am wondering if this caused me a break-out, but I can't definitely be sure that it did.

on 2/1/2015 12:00:00 PM

After a mad moment during which I declared my love for Clinique - very out of character for me as a nature girl - I bought this for my skin that was rejecting the change to English weather after living in the sun for a few years.

The most important thing for me is that this is oil-free. One of the reasons I've returned to the less natural side of skin care is because oil is my biggest acne trigger (I don't care what these OCM people say) and oil-free products are rare in the natural world.

I like the silkiness this has to the touch, it feels luxurious and a little goes a long way in application. The moisturising properties, however, are a little disappointing as it seems to pick up on all my dry patches and my skin still doesn't feel as comfortable as it could. A random effect is that is seems to encourage me to have a hot flush not long after I've applied it...probably not a good sign in terms of reactions :(

So all in all, I won't repurchase, especially as I have my eye on the new Nars Aqua Gel!

on 1/20/2015 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this in duty free and so sorry I didn't try a sample first. This is overrated in my opinion. Firstly looks nice, although dislike that you have to keep dunking your fingers in. Prefer pumps etc. the texture is beautiful.. for the first 2 mins then it feels like a horrible fake mask film over your face. No moisturising in my experience. I have combi skin. So not too dry but this offered no moisturising and my skin felt dreadfully dull. The next day, looks like all that silicone feel and sealed in by film did it's trick as horrible little rasht breakout all over which hasn't happened for a while as I've been sticking to gel moisturisers and such. I'm now trying kiehls gel. Hope for the best. Trying to find a replacement for creme de la mer gel moisturiser. Just something that soothes and won't irritant while providing gentle moisture. Minimising pores and providing balance and glow would be great!! Any suggestions???

on 1/19/2015 10:15:00 PM

This is the best overnight lotion. Hydrate perfectly into skin and does not cause breakouts. Would highly recommend

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I used to use this when I was younger and I ended up with a sample tub at Sephora recently. I don't know if the formula has changed or if it's just that my skin has changed, but I really did not like this.

At first it applies nicely, it feels moisturising on the skin and made me feel very hydrated post mask application. However, I noticed that once it started drying I was left with this sticky residue on my face that was very irritating.

I ended up wiping it off and reapplying my Clarins moisturiser because I couldn't stand the feeling of it on my skin. I the Moisture Surge cream again on another evening and still experienced the same stickiness. Threw the rest of the sample out and won't be trying it again.

on 1/13/2015 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin is dry to normal in summer but in winter its very dry and prone to patches of eczema. This product just doesn't moisturise my skin at all, even in summer.

It's silky smooth and gel like to touch and very soothing and cool when applied. But then it feels like it just sits on top of your skin and doesn't sink in, which seems to be proved by my skin starting to feel tight again only about 20 mins later. So unfortunately it was a complete waste of money for me.

on 1/11/2015 9:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills when everyone says this is great for dry winter skin. I am usually oily, but this winter have developed a lot more dryness and irritation. I've been trying various things to give me moisture without giving me acne. I found this LESS moisturizing than most anything I've tried. It might be nice in the spring. But I put it on after the shower and my face felt dry and tight again within 15 minutes; I had to put another moisturizer over the top (which I'm sure wont help the acne I've suddenly been fighting in addition to my new dry, sensitive skin.) I think it's probably a nice enoug lighter moisturizer, but I wouldn't recommend for dry/sensitive.

This is another great product that tames my winter skin and really soothes it. I didn't buy it but found it in my Mom's stash over Winter Holiday. Well, she said, you can take it and use it! Yay! Love it!

on 1/10/2015 8:36:00 AM

On my second jar of this. My thoughts:
- Skin feels very supple and plumped (instead of oily like many moisturizers) after using this
- Great moisturizer underneath makeup as it does not interfere with it but can prevent flakes/ fine lines from showing due to dryness
- Pretty much a no-brainer: you can use it in the morning, midday, or in your night-time skincare routine on top of any thicker moisturizer (if that's what you need)
- However, I'm surprised to see how people claim it works well for them in "colder months" - it's most certainly not moisturizing enough to be used on its own in dry/cold times. Even "oily" skin needs a bit of oil in the cold months, cause skin will produce more oil in reaction to its dry condition, making the "oil" situation even worse. For me, my skin goes flaky in like an hour if I just use this alone in winter.
- Overall, a great lightweight, non-greasy moisturizer.
- PS. Before the Overnight Mask came out, Clinique claimed you could use this as a mask but I guess the Overnight Mask does a much better job at this :)

Please kindly rate if you find it help/unhelpful, thanks and hope it helps! x

Popular Moisturizers