Thierry Mugler Alien

3.7

on 10/6/2013 3:46:00 PM

This is my go to winter fragrance, with angel being my summer one. I love the strong, complex and sophisticated scent this gives. I've tried many other fragrances, however I always seem to go back to this, love the way it lightly lingers for hours and hours after a few sprays! Even though it is expensive, it to me, is still worth it as there is no other scent like it. I have purchased this many times, and will continue to purchase in the future.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Ewwww!!! This perfume is terrible, smelt like plastic powder and a granny. Stay miles away from it!! Thank God i didn't pay for it.

on 7/22/2013 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

Thierry Mugler ALIEN. EDT (2005, Nose: Dominique Ropion and Laurent Bruyere). Citrus/White Multifloral. The image is of a sundappled late-spring profusion of white flowers, with sambac jasmine, a slightly grape-y neroli, tart honeysuckle, and possibly tuberose, peach blossom and narcissus. Subtle green notes smell sharply like the broken stems of paperwhites. The head is a brilliant, sunshiny gleam of orange, lemon and lime, transparent and almost sherbet-sweet, but not quite. So shiny is this scent, that it is almost metallic... accounting no doubt for the perfume's title. In the EDT at least, the basenotes (wood, amber, cashmeran) are hardly perceptible-- and exist only in far drydown as a sandy/powdery mirage: ALIEN is not about hidden roiling depths at all, but rather meant to be a top-heavy, brilliant upthrust of gleaming springtime. I imagine all the components of ALIEN are synthetic, yet they are so well-combined that they give an impression of a sharp-focused, high-res naturalness. Never cloying or cutesy or cosmetic/soapy, ALIEN is an eye-popping, sanguinely optimist's bouquet of natural white floralcy.

on 7/20/2013 11:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got samples of it and it definitely isn't my fragrance.

I'm a not a floral scents person, for some reason they make my head hurt and don't blend well with my chemistry. This fragrance has strong jasmine in it, there's musk and amber but the fragrance still comes off as a very deep floral. Because of this, I can't imagine anyone wearing this during the daytime but it can be a good option for a night out.

I kind of feel it's unfair to review fragrances, since it's such a personal choice, but if anyone is like me and dislikes florals, I'd advice you to certainly try it first. If you're looking for a fragrance to go out at night, something that it's very deep and floral, you might like it.

on 7/19/2013 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Love, love, love this scent, it's very complex, signature- people will know what you're wearing at first whiff. It is very potent, a bit goes a long way. This lasts for hours on me, and I simply love this scent as much at the end of the night as when I first spritzed it on. Going out at night is when I wear this fragrance, it's too bold for everyday or office wear. I usually exclusively like scents where fruit/tropical notes are dominant, which is not the case with this scent. I first tried this in a sample, and i did not like it much at first, liked it much better the 2nd and 3rd time around. Angel is just ok to me, i like this scent much better. The flacon is gorgeous, and I don't care for packaging, I care for what's inside, but it doesn't hurt. I ordered a small size of the sunessence version- I hope i love it as much!

I love this perfume. It is my absolute fave and has been for about 6 years now. I've lost count of he amount of people who have asked me what I'm wearing.

on 5/10/2013 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Only words to describe this are sexy, strong, and seductive.... PERFECT!!!!

I am on the fence with this perfume, i smelled the parfume of this and it smelled weird, but i still cant determine if I dont like it. i hear that the toilette is much better but i havent tryed that one either. If you want to buy this perfume I suggest you go into macys and try it first on your skin and see if you like it, dont buy this blindly

on 5/9/2013 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Oh my dear God. This is the absolute perfume for me. Once I smelled it from a sample,I said that's it. Now I cant go on a day without it. I can really smell vanilla,although to me jasmine is stronger(I have the eau de parfum). Later on,it gets more spicy and musky. It has this sexy,seductive smell.it's just wonderful.My clothes smell with this even after washing them and my pillowcases too.!

on 5/8/2013 5:35:00 AM

I adore Alien. It's rich and lush but still 'clean', Still one of the most original juices out there, it's not for anyone younger than 25 in my opinion but still it's not mature or a 'diva'. It has a non domineering presence. Soothing even with it's warm spiciness. I'd wear this day and night, summer and winter. My only trouble is on my skin (nc20 from mac), it does not shimmer as it does on other people. How many times I asked a lady about her perfume and it was Alien. But on me it becomes a one-dimensional, musky fragrance and it becomes 'heavier'. Well, that's to do with my skin chemistry. This perfume is absolute must have if it suits your skin.

Popular Fragrances