November 28, 2014 | 1073 users online

Shampoo - TiGi - Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Shanock

I have never used Bed Head products before. I just bought the Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner in the white packaging. Today was my second day using it. What a regret and waste of money. Do not buy this. It makes my hair feel greasy, gross, like there is build up, like I havent washed my hair in days. I thought it was just me so I decided to google this product to see if this was just me or my hair. Come to find out I am not the only one. Wish I would have googled it prior to purchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by decoded

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had been using this on again off again for years because I kill my hair with bleaching and hair color changes often. It used to make my hair soft, shiny, and manageable again in a very short while of using. It also doesn't strip colors like almost every other shampoo I've used. My only complaint with the big bottles from the salon was that I always ended up breaking the pump towards the end, and getting the last of the product out was impossible.

Recently though Bed Head changed packaging and it seems like from reviews the product as well. I do know the other shampoo and conditioner I tried by them recently (the urban antidotes resurrection) was very low quality, and cheap. I won't be trying this again.

It's a shame because this was my go to shampoo and conditioner for the longest time.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2012 7:17:00 AM More reviews by odearophelia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Grey

Ugh. . . as an unnatural platinum blonde I am very frustrated with Bed Head's Dumb Blonde shampoo and conditioner. . .
When I first bleached my hair to platinum, my hair was terrible I couldn't find a shampoo to save my hair from being dry,frizzy and breaking all of the time. So, I got desperate and spent the extra bucks on this product. It was amazing! My hair felt like hair again after using this product along with a hair serum, I was sold and haven't used any other shampoo or conditioner in 6 years.
All of a sudden I went to a local salon to buy more and they handed me containers of the shampoo and conditioner, my first thought was, "oh! new packaging cool!" I used it the next day and was disgusted by what the shampoo and conditioner did to my hair. . . it was obvious that along with the new packaging they changed the product as well. The new scent is a very a sweet, sugary fragrance, not as appealing as the old scent. The conditioner is runnier instead of thick and rich, I was like, "well, that's strange maybe it's the same thing but it will be easier to to apply root to tip?" After rising it all out I thought my hair felt different but I was thinking positive. I applied the same coconut oil serum that I've always applied afterwards. When I dried my hair that's when the disaster occurred. . .as my hair dried my hair felt super heavy, gross and waxy and was breaking a lot as I brushed it. Still, I was trying to be positive about the product I made an extra conscious effort to try all kind of different things to make this new product make hair feel awesome again. . . .I rinsed it out more, I tried rinsing it out less, I tried not using the hair serum, I tried everything that I could think of . . .still my hair was nasty. So, I looked everywhere for the old product in the old packaging finally, I found it at a pharmacy and I used it as soon as I got home. It worked wonderfully, my hair felt like hair again just like it use to with the old product.
I don't know what I am going to do when I can't find this product in it's old packaging any more. . .
I don't know why they changed the Dumb Blonde formula but as a loyal customer of 6 years I am extremely disappointed. . .If they don't change their product back to how it use to be I will be back to trying out every single shampoo and conditioner until I can find something to not make my hair feel like a terrible waxy mess.

Once again, I am very disappointed with the new product, it's certainly not new and improved. . . .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 8:26:00 AM More reviews by MakeupSnob1

I got this product on a whim in hopes of saving my blonde highlights. My hair is oily by nature and requires daily shampooing. Needless to say, when I read all these bad reviews I was pretty bummed I spent 14 bucks on crappy shampoo...

Turns out, I love this stuff! The smell is definitely different, and it actually cleans my hair! No build up, residue, or oil left in my hair. Maybe its just my bizarre hair type, but I LOVE it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by reneecg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

made my hair oily

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by nenglehardt

The old Dumb Blonde Shampoo was great and I used it for years. I recently purchased the "new" formula in the white bottle and it is horrible. Biggest waste of money ever. After 3 days of washing my hair with this ridiculous excuse for a shampoo my hair was covered in a waxy build up. I thought maybe I just wasn't rinsing it out well enough so I continued to use it....but no. I couldn't even attempt to wear my hair down it was so disgusting! I switched back to my cheap Aussie brand shampoo and my hair is back to normal. I will never buy this shampoo again and am taking it back to the salon I purchased it from to exchange it for something that will hopefully CLEAN my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to be a Dumb Blonde addict. It was the best shampoo on the market, and the best reconstructor for the conditioner. But, like every other product in the world, they changed it. It is now like pouring wax on your hair. Smells great and lathers awesome, but truly does not rinse from my hair. This would be a great shampoo for the blondes who constantly highlight their hair and are experiencing a lot of breakage, however being a natural blonde it isn't for me anymore. I wish BedHead would change it back.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the conditioner, hate the shampoo. This does nothing for blondes. Get the A/G Sterling Silver Shampoo or the Aveda Blue Malva. This shampoo is crap.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by smmsm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used everything and this was always the very best for my hair. New formula is an absolute joke. Cheap rubbish that sticks to your hair - impossible to rinse out properly and nothing absorbed whatsoever. Even smells bad. Can't believe what they've done to this - will try to get my money back as I actually can't believe just how terrible it is: Unusable - binning two massive salon bottles of the stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by SteamyCouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a review for the OLD dumb blonde formula (the one with the purple/pinkish bottle) Love this shampoo, slowly takes away brassy tones in blonde hair and repaired my hair. Used this in high school.