April 19, 2014 | 1099 users online

Hair - DevaCurl - No Poo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by JeneenL

Even though this shampoo doesn't have great reviews on here I decided to give it a try. I was using Wen by CD but wasn't thrilled with the results. I did like the concept of no sulfates and a no lather shampoo didn't bother me. I have my license so this shampoo is not very expensive when buying through the distributor. Anyway, I bought the travel kit just to try it out. My hair has never been this curly before! I was so shocked and thrilled with the results. If you are on the fence give it a try, products work differently for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by jesevan

I have extremely coarse, thick, curly hair and the whole DevaCurl line works amazing for me! The sulfate-free NoPoo has left my hair a lot less frizzy, much softer. I thought no lather would be weird but it's actually been great. I've tried every curly hair product from cheap stuff from Target to Redken, Catwalk, etc, and this is the best stuff I've found! I suggest trying the travel pack if you're interested in trying it out, since it is pretty spendy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Redsquare

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

By far the BEST products I've found and I've tried them all from $ to $$$$$$

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Milana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo was just blah. It didn't do anything special for my hair. I did not get moisture, softness, and shine and those are the three most important things a shampoo should do. I did get good slip, but I felt as though my hair and scalp were not clean after using it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I did not like this as much as I would have liked. It does clean my scalp well which is what it was designed to do, but leaves the rest of my hair feeling greasy and heavy. Luckily my hair didn't look horrible. I just think it is better suited for those with drier hair or for the winter season when my curls get a bit thirsty. Would not buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is OK for me, but Low Poo is way better due to my very oily scalp. I find that the Low Poo has a little more cleaning power that I need.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by MyOwnBeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this in the travel pack at Ulta when I started to venture into Curly Girl Method. I can't figure out how to use it as it always leaves my hair greasy at long intervals, short intervals, medium...always! At first I was scared to wash with just water or condish so I used this everyday and that was not a good idea: major greasies! So I clarified and started all over again and tried it just once a week and I'm still not impressed. For $20 I need to be impressed. Do like the Condish, though. I do have to say I have fine curly hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely thick curly hair and the DevaCurl line rescued it starting about three years ago, and I have basically never looked back. Of all the Deva products I use, NoPoo is the one I probably like/use the least. When I first started on Deva, my hair was so unbelievably parched and dehydrated that I was able to use NoPoo, One Condition, B'Leave In, Set it Free and AnGell every single day and not get any buildup whatsoever. My hair just drank it all up. I did that for a year or so and then as my hair started to recover, I found that I just don't need the NoPoo much. At this point I usually don't buy it -- I just use the One Condition and I even have to be careful with the Set It Free because together these can leave my hair feeling a little tacky to the touch.

I also don't love the scent of the NoPoo. They call it Turkish Rose. To me it smells like menthol mixed with a heavy floral perfume. Not the best.

Also, I have a complaint about the packaging for both NoPoo and One Condition. You HAVE to buy the pump (which is not always easy to find and only comes in the larger size) because the hole in the squeeze-top on the smaller bottle ALWAYS clogs up. The hole is just too small for such a thick product that turns into a solid when it dries.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by 1Green

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutley the worst shampoo i have ever used. Would've given it a negative rating if possible. Here are the reasons I hate this horrible stuff 1) It makes my hair look awful. I have fine curly hair and it looked so bad after I used it and dried with a diffuser. It actually made my hair look dirty 2) Impossible to get out of the bottle 3) Smells horrible...kinda roseish...blech 4) travel size bottle was $7.99 which is insane.

The only good thing to come out of this was that Beautyfirst allowed me to exchange this truely awful stuff for a bottle of Catwalk Curls Rock which I am very pleased to report really does rock!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I didn't like the lack of lather, but my hair felt moisturized after I used it.

Alas, it made my scalp itch, so I can't use it.