April 17, 2014 | 1884 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by ridemebigsheIdon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I gave this product a good run and actually purchased a number of bottles believing it was doing what it should be doing. The thing is, that I've been "out" for a while and I just don't miss it. My hair doesn't feel better or worse - and I actually think this spray only made my hair appear limp and flat - as in lacking volume. Perhaps I don't have the right hair type, I heard it works better on hair that's already fairly straight/kink free and my hair's semi-wavy and a little difficult to manage.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by StarPower28

This is probably the most reasonable priced thermal spray I've seen out there, it's just too bad how with all the hype and rave from other reviewers, this unfortunately did not work out for me.

I tried to like this product, used it about 5x and I get nothing but a sticky finish on my hair, around my neck, and it just gets even worse when it rains.

Fragrance-wise, I love it. It smells so fresh, and it still smells good after a few hours. The bottle it comes in is pretty decent in size, the price is good (under $5). First time I used it was when I was curling my hair with my nume magic wand, (titanium curling wand) and I noticed that my hair was crunchy and felt like I had sprayed on a bottle of hair spray. My hair felt really dry with it even after using a hair mask from Biolage prior to that.

I tried it again using my CHI flat iron when I went for a super straight look. My hair felt heavy, hair is frizzy and sticky. After a few hours or so, my hair is no longer soft, but crunchy and dry. I first decided to blame it on how badly damaged my hair is to begin with, however, I decided to buy the Nexxus Pro Mend after using this 5x. Did not work for me at all, sadly. I am definitely going to stick with Nexxus Pro Mend for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by LussyCakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really affordable and great product! Does exactly what it's supposed to do!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by rose313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked this, the scent is amazing! I'm not sure if it made my hair look any better after straightening, but it definitely felt nicer. I don't straighten very frequently so I can't compare how it works to other heat tamers. It's incredibly easy to spray and the mist is perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Kirsten83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Worst hair product I've ever come across. No matter when I spray, it always makes my hair sticky and then crunchy. No matter how much or how little I spray. Worst thing about it is that if I end up in some rain, my hair turns into one sticky birdsnest..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by ladybugsspots

I don't if it really does anything to protect my hair, but it does make it smoother than when I don't use anything. I think the formula has changed ever since I first bought this years ago, for the worst. Compared to another heat protectant spray I used garnier fructis) this is MUCH better. I think garnier fructis heat protection spray will do you far more damage than good, please stay away from that spray!!

I usually spray this in damp hair and wait till my hair is COMPLETELY dry and then I straighten my hair. Smooth but it tend to take the volume away from my hair and make it flat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by payjark

When I used to straighten my hair everyday (oh how I regret that) I used to use this because I liked it the most out of all that I tried. It was very light, not sticky or drying. It had a very fresg and light scent and the spray bottle sprayed a perfect mist over my hair. I still have about half a bottle of this and I use it on the rare occasions I style my hair with heat.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by moosemossmoose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this because it has great reviews but it leaves my hair feeling sticky, no matter how little I put in. And also, if I touched my hair, my hands would feel sticky too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by efp182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this product! I've been using it ever since I started straightening my hair, about 5 years ago. It is light, has a fairly pleasant scent, and I have not seen any damage to my hair (although I myself don't overdo the heat.) I use this before I blow dry my hair and, combined with the other products I use, it does an excellent job of protecting my thin, fine locks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I love this heat protector for styling and straightening my hair. I have already purchased my 3rd or 4th bottle of this stuff. I will continue repurchasing. I have not tried anything better or cheaper than this! It works really well and doesn't leave your hair anything short of soft.

I actually like the packaging. Not sure why other reviewers have issues with the nozzle spray. I prefer the bottle with a press button lock, rather than the wheel one. I spray this on my hair prior to heat use. It tames frizz as well.

HG, for sure.