August 1, 2014 | 1336 users online

Fragrances - Narciso Rodriguez - Narciso Rodriguez for her EDP

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

I received this as a sample from Sephora and was so excited to try it on. However, now that I have it on I cannot wait for it to wear off!

This scent should really be re-named "For Him" because it reminds me more of a men's fragrance than anything else. Imagine a mix between furniture polish, the woods and musk. Gross. Just gross.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love NR in edp form. It is a rosier and a less musky version of the edt.
Edt is also nice but this gives me a terrible headache.
Whilst the edt is dark and mysterious, edp is bright and innocent.
I am surprised by how the differences between the two are subtle yet enough to make that difference!

The beauty of this scent is that it is incredibly versatile. It can be worn all year round though i find this fragrance to be a somewhat cold for me for the winter and therefore prefer warmer fragrances for then.

The NR oil smelt like a completely different fragrance and reminded me of a sporty male fragrance that has been watered down. This version also induced headaches.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by essija

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the edp much better than the edt. I do like both. The edp seems to work better with my chemistry. I can detect actual Rose and a sweeter musk.. I had a hard time detecting anything but a big floral mess with the edt.. This is a scent that will work great in the Spring and Summer months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Jill70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Outstanding feminine muskiness. To me it screams sexy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by l1p9l055

Price:5 (expensive) Packaging: 4 (good) Repurchase: YES
Its only been recently that I've started to really fall for "heavy" scents like NR EDP. When I was younger, I had heard about NR and wanted to sample it. At the time I was absolutely horrified that anyone would ever wear something like this; I thought it smelled like cologne. I quickly dismissed it and started my obsession with florals.
Only about a year ago, I was looking for a heavy scent similar to Calvin Klein's Euphoria. This scent is in no way like Euphoria (I'm not exactly sure how to describe it), but it is similar in the way that its not as simple as some florals. From that shopping spree, I bought Prada's Eau Tendre which is also deeper and more complex. After a year or so, during Christmas, I started to look for another "deep/heavy" scent, and stumbled upon NR EDP and EDT. This time I tested on my skin, and I fell in love with NR EDP.
I find that NR EDP is a lot softer than EDT. EDP seems to slowly unfold itself and melds with my skin chemistry to make the most beautiful scent EVER. I think at first spritz, it is a little heavy (maybe because of the chypre?), but as time goes on, it fades and the florals begin to blossom. EDT has a bit more sharpness to it, so I wasn't really interested. This scent is absolutely beautiful, sexy, feminine, sophisticated and mature! Some people may find this scent a little too mature or as some people would call it "granny-like" (to me its not granny like at all!) Some people might not enjoy the scent because it is a bit on the mature side.
I've only been using it for a few weeks or so, but I love it for both day and night. For scents like these I tend to use them for nighttime events, but with NR EDP I think it is versatile enough for both.
As for staying power on my skin, it lasts a good 6-10 hours. The packaging is pretty pink which fits the scent to a T, its actually quite heavy. I think (like another reviewer has said) the only problem with packaging is being unable to see how much is remaining in the bottle. Although I bought mine on eBay, NR EDP is quite expensive. From what I remember, 1.7oz was $108+tax CAD, but I'd definitely repurchase!

I will update if the scent starts to change or anything else. =)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 11:03:00 AM More reviews by renijp

It's feminine and most of all, an actual, new fragrance.

It's been quite some time we haven't seen a large scale brand launch a perfume that's not too sweet or too powdery or too ladylike.

This is very very feminine, sensual, delicate and intense frangrance, all in the right proportion.

It's not sexy-vulgar or sweety-pinky-girlly.

I got compliments EVERY SINGLE TIME i weart it - both from men and women.

I've been searching for new fragrances to vary, but haven't found nothing that pleases me as much as this one. I just hope it doens't get so much popularity to the point i smell it everywhere :P

p.s.: only downside - you can't see how much is left on the bottle.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2008 9:20:00 AM More reviews by echoluster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Reading the reviews, I wonder if I have the same fragrance as the other reviewers. Although I get some musk, overall this scent is pretty generic. It feels mostly sort of powdery sweet to me, like baby powder with more floral (and apparently some musk).
It really reminds me of one of those philosophy fragrances... amazing grace, I think.
Thankfully I'm only working with a sample, because I would not purchase this. It feels totally inappropriate for my personality and style, and reminds me of fragrances older women wear.

Having said all this, it is nice and pleasant, and has staying power, it's just an acquired taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Refika

This one is like the one I 've had to wander the desert for ages to find. Now that we are together, all I have to say about this is that you can never know when you are going to run out because the pretty pink bottle doesn't let you see what's inside. So, one morning you get up and a few weak spritzes later it is "nooooooooooo not today" gone. Just like that...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by limfy

I just got this yesterday, the EDP version after long months of trying between EDT and EDP miniature versions. Love how the scent evolves and develops. Throughout the day, you can still smell on this on you, and for me, this is a bonus point in my books. I especially love the middle notes best. The smell may be quite strong, so a little really goes a long way, but by far one of the best perfumes I bought so far. It reflects a different cycle in my life as I was a huge Dior J'adore fan previously.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by rinsrevenge

A smell that's intense, deep and sophisticated. I love the minimallist looking bottle too, it complements the scent within, which I shall try to explain... The top note is light - almost flirtatious - but it quickly blossoms into a sultry, heady scent that's as empowering as it's mysterious.

Most perfumes these days smell too similar and can't be distinguished from the other, so if you want to stand out, Narciso Rodriguez For Her is definitely for you. I wouldn't describe it as a fragrance for day though, as the nose is on the heavy side. Neither would it suit wearers who are too young or want a bubbly, effervescent fragrance.

The smell 'develops' really well too as the hours go on. It envelops you almost like a second scent. It's a muted, musky and not too overpowering scent so it's perfect for all occasions without being intrusive or attention grabbing.

It's a great investment if you're looking for a scent that's different and with a unique melody of notes. A little goes a long way as it's an EDP; I own the EDT which I think emits a stronger scent than other EDTs, so that already makes it value for money.