September 2, 2014 | 953 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 4:16:00 AM More reviews by loveitlaura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is for the Advanded Radience in the bottle. I have bought this foundation time and time again...it has good coverage for my occasionlly acne prone skin and covers acne scars. You do not need to use too much of this product as the consistency of it evenly covers everything.. i generally use a small pump onto a foundation brush for each of my cheeks and forehead. I can see why people are saying this creates an oily mess on your skin after a while, but that will happen if you dont set it! It is a liquid foundation, creamy and therefore needs to be set with powder, i use the advanced radience powder in creamy natural and my skin does look radient!! I might need a little bit of powder on my tzone later in the day but hey, skin creates oil and that is whats going to happen with any foundation. It has SPF 10 which is better than nothing when im in a hurry and forget suncream. The one downfall i have about this porduct is the colours selection.. i have very pale skin and have this in ivory, and it isnt a perfect match. It is however easily blended out to look natural so it is not too much of a problem! I reccommend all to at least try it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by michelleb248

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I started using CG Advanced Radiance in the pump bottle after my mom recommended it to me. I am 28, and I am not concerned about wrinkles, but I do have an oily T-zone and I am acne-pron. But, I tried it because my mom raved about how well it blended into the skin.

I like the pump bottle - it does get every little bit out. And the makeup itself does blend into the skin very nicely and gives sheer to medium coverage.

There are TWO BIG problems for me however. First, there is no build-able coverage. If you put some on and then want to add a little more (to cover a pimple let's say), the foundation looks discolored and cakey.

Second, the foundation gets extremely oily on my skin after a very short time (like an hour). I was constantly powdering my nose. By the end of the day, all of the foundation had melted off, and I looked like I hadn't even bothered with makeup.

I really wish it worked better for me because it does blend so nicely and it looks good when I first apply it. I switched to Estee Lauder Double Wear Light which lasts all day, had build-able coverage, and absorbs oil.

I think the Cover Girl would be great for people with dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by notmyryan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The pump is about the only thing I like about this foundation. For my skin (dry, fine lines, acne-prone), it looked terrible. I saw lines around my eyes I didn't even know I had. It looked like I had a mask and for some reason I couldn't find a shade that matched. Of all the colors I tried (light to dark), all the tones seemed too pink for me. Plus it looked like a mask on my face. I won't be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by vesuvana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the most matte foundation I have used from Cover Girl. I like that, even though it feels a little bit suffocating on my skin after a couple hours. It stays matte all day. It covers the redness of my cheeks totally, leaving me one uniform color. I wish it was higher spf than 10 because there is no way to put a sunscreen over this. I have tried and it just balls up on the skin. I use the classic ivory shade, which is not as pale on my face as it appears in the bottle. Good for a drugstore brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Olom

To start off, I'm 21 years old so I can't really have an opinion on this product covering up fine line and wrinkles. I bought this pressed powder because it was the only one available at Wal-Mart at the time I was there that matched my skin tone the best and because it said on the packaging it was oil-free.
I am reviewing the Age-Defying Pressed Powder, by the way.

Anyway, I like the INITIAL coverage this powder offered (I usually wear a powder over my creme foundation) but it was just too damn oily! My face is naturally too oily anyways but I can usually cope with it by using a pressed powder; after applying this foundation though, my T-zone would become a shiny mess after, literally, 5 minutes. Also, it seems to wear off pretty quickly... after a couple of hours maybe. I don't like applying a pressed powder that isn't translucent because I don't want to add more color to my face so another wasted pressed powder (at least it wasn't MAC).

I'll probably switch back to CoverGirl Trublend. Or maybe give CG Clean or Fresh Look a chance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by almost40

I got this for £2.99 from TJHughes and I got in compact form.The colour looked a bit dark for me in the pan but once on my skin it actually matched it quite well.I used a bare escentuals kabuki brush to apply and it went on like a dream,smoothly and evenly.I topped it with powder and it lasted a few hours.It could've lasted a bit longer but overall Im pleased with it.The compact is nice and sturdy too,would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by lvmkup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by fae_nymph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Do you all recommend the liquid pump or compact???

EDIT: Okay, I went out and got the liquid pump this morning. It's okay. I feel like it's a little too greasy/oily if you have oily or even slightly oily skin. The bottle indicates that it was tested as "age defying make-up" on ages 35-55, an age-group that *in general* has drier/less oily skin than teens and young adults -- so this make-up is probably not the best choice for teens and young adults (I noticed this after I did a search for "top picks" for foundations for age group 19-24 -- being in that age range, and always looking to try a new foundation, I decided to try this product...)

CG notoriously has crappy make-up, in my opinion. It's cheap (although this is quite expensive for CG) and generally very matte/cakey looking. The colors are also usually very strange. It's the make-up I first bought as a pre-teen to use and experiment with before moving on to more "mature" brands of make-up. This is great coverage, but I probably won't purchase again because of the greasy/oily effect on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by sourgirlt

This is the worst foundation I ever bought!!!! It was like I smeared olive oil all over my face and I used a pea size amount. I had to scrub my face twice!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ktmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked this up from the drugstore in my search for a good foundation. For smoothing out your face, this product is great! It really does make you look younger, diminishing any rough texture you have on your face, and minimizing wrinkles, giving you a youthful more "flawless" appearance. This is the best concealer I have found yet.

Also, This product did not break me out!

My only problem with this is its lightest shade is too dark. I have extremely light skin and this lightest shade is darker than some others. It has a very slight yellowish tint. But it is not half as bad as some of the real orangey light shades.

Needless to say, I loved this so much that I compensated by applying some of the makeup on the left and right sides of my neck and blended in the corner of my jawline. Despite what you may think, it actually looked alright. I used the entire pump. Oh and btw the pump is super nice.

Unfortunately I will probably not buy again as I need something that can match my skin tone.
continued >>