April 18, 2014 | 1782 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by vesuvana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the most matte foundation I have used from Cover Girl. I like that, even though it feels a little bit suffocating on my skin after a couple hours. It stays matte all day. It covers the redness of my cheeks totally, leaving me one uniform color. I wish it was higher spf than 10 because there is no way to put a sunscreen over this. I have tried and it just balls up on the skin. I use the classic ivory shade, which is not as pale on my face as it appears in the bottle. Good for a drugstore brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2009 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Olom

To start off, I'm 21 years old so I can't really have an opinion on this product covering up fine line and wrinkles. I bought this pressed powder because it was the only one available at Wal-Mart at the time I was there that matched my skin tone the best and because it said on the packaging it was oil-free.
I am reviewing the Age-Defying Pressed Powder, by the way.

Anyway, I like the INITIAL coverage this powder offered (I usually wear a powder over my creme foundation) but it was just too damn oily! My face is naturally too oily anyways but I can usually cope with it by using a pressed powder; after applying this foundation though, my T-zone would become a shiny mess after, literally, 5 minutes. Also, it seems to wear off pretty quickly... after a couple of hours maybe. I don't like applying a pressed powder that isn't translucent because I don't want to add more color to my face so another wasted pressed powder (at least it wasn't MAC).

I'll probably switch back to CoverGirl Trublend. Or maybe give CG Clean or Fresh Look a chance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by almost40

I got this for 2.99 from TJHughes and I got in compact form.The colour looked a bit dark for me in the pan but once on my skin it actually matched it quite well.I used a bare escentuals kabuki brush to apply and it went on like a dream,smoothly and evenly.I topped it with powder and it lasted a few hours.It could've lasted a bit longer but overall Im pleased with it.The compact is nice and sturdy too,would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by lvmkup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by fae_nymph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Do you all recommend the liquid pump or compact???

EDIT: Okay, I went out and got the liquid pump this morning. It's okay. I feel like it's a little too greasy/oily if you have oily or even slightly oily skin. The bottle indicates that it was tested as "age defying make-up" on ages 35-55, an age-group that *in general* has drier/less oily skin than teens and young adults -- so this make-up is probably not the best choice for teens and young adults (I noticed this after I did a search for "top picks" for foundations for age group 19-24 -- being in that age range, and always looking to try a new foundation, I decided to try this product...)

CG notoriously has crappy make-up, in my opinion. It's cheap (although this is quite expensive for CG) and generally very matte/cakey looking. The colors are also usually very strange. It's the make-up I first bought as a pre-teen to use and experiment with before moving on to more "mature" brands of make-up. This is great coverage, but I probably won't purchase again because of the greasy/oily effect on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by sourgirlt

This is the worst foundation I ever bought!!!! It was like I smeared olive oil all over my face and I used a pea size amount. I had to scrub my face twice!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ktmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked this up from the drugstore in my search for a good foundation. For smoothing out your face, this product is great! It really does make you look younger, diminishing any rough texture you have on your face, and minimizing wrinkles, giving you a youthful more "flawless" appearance. This is the best concealer I have found yet.

Also, This product did not break me out!

My only problem with this is its lightest shade is too dark. I have extremely light skin and this lightest shade is darker than some others. It has a very slight yellowish tint. But it is not half as bad as some of the real orangey light shades.

Needless to say, I loved this so much that I compensated by applying some of the makeup on the left and right sides of my neck and blended in the corner of my jawline. Despite what you may think, it actually looked alright. I used the entire pump. Oh and btw the pump is super nice.

Unfortunately I will probably not buy again as I need something that can match my skin tone.
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this before I found Revlon. Its a good foundation but not for people with oily skin or in the summer. It just slides off in the hot sun and comes off easily with a tissue. Overall its wonderful for the winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by meatismurder417

i bought the compact a few weeks ago because it was on sale at walgreens. i usually have bad luck with foundations, esp cream or liquid or anything, so i never use them. but i LOVE this one. it covers up pretty much everything, makes my skin much more even and makes it look amazing. sometimes it leaves it looking a little flaky, if my skin is alittle dry, but i just use some moisturizer and its fine. i would definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a great coverage foundation. I have to say though, it is VERY thick so if you like the sheer look, this one ain't for you. But it is thick in a good way...if that makes sense. Leaves very matte coverage.