Maybelline Great Lash Clear

3.8

Aqua/Water, Alcohol Denat, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinyl, Alcohol, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA

on 2/10/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm reviewing this product as a brow gel because as mascara, it does absolutely nothing. This helps shape, define, groom, and hold my brows in place! Just using this clear mascara on my brows makes my entire face look more polished. It works well on its own or to set brow powder or pencil. Doesn't leave brows crunchy or sticky and holds for hours. It cost about 4 or 5 dollars and a tube will last you a while. I've been using it every day for a year and a half and I've purchased it TWICE. Still on my second tube! Great product. I recommend.

on 2/10/2014 2:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I heard great things about Maybelline Great Lash in clear, as far as brow gel is concerned. I have brows that are naturally on the thinner side, but that tend to stray. So a good brow gel is a must, as it helps keep my brows looking tame and even a little thicker (since they're in place). This isn't the best brow gel I've used, but it's good for a drugstore product. A tiny bit goes a long way--so I make sure to wipe extra product off onto the edge of the tube before applying. Although it doesn't last ALL day, it does keep my brows in place for a good amount of time, without making them look or feel crunchy or stiff; I'm all for natural looking brows. I have used this as a clear mascara a couple times as well, and it works to naturally enhance lashes and hold them in place. I have long lashes already, so I imagine this would work better for those of us who do--not so much for those with shorter or sparse lashes, because this is a very basic product. As far as a brow gel goes, this is good-it's affordable and can be found at most stores. It does the job.

ckb

on 2/4/2014 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I typically use the ELF clear brow/lash gel which is $1 and it works fine. I thought I would give this a shot tho since I seem to go thru the ELF gel fairly quickly. Here's what I like about the Maybelline:

smaller, precise wand for application. No clear clumps. Doesn't leave my eyebrows crusty. A lot more product.

I love this product. For a few more dollars, I can get a better application and longer use of the product.

on 1/10/2014 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Great for eyebrows, not great for eyelashes. Keeps brow hairs in place and makes me feel fresh. It seemed to weigh my eyelashes down and droop even though I curled them beforehand. Had been wanting to try this for a while and it disappointed me as a mascara for eyelashes. I don't know if I'd buy this again.

on 12/25/2013 3:36:00 AM

I naturally have dark thick eyebrows like cara delevingne and I use this as a brow gel. When I put on my foundation, my eyebrows tend to become lighter from the makeup... So I just re-darken them with this brow gel. It's quick and simple! And I don't have to use my eyebrow pencil to darken my brows (like they were prior to putting my foundation on)

on 10/27/2013 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product, it tames my brows and if a want a little length on my lashes, only problem, it kind of breaks me out on my eyebrow area overall good product

on 10/26/2013 4:05:00 PM

loves it

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I don't use this for my brows.

I heard using clear mascara before curling lashes will hold a curl for the whole day. So I got this @ Bed Bath and Beyond for a little under $5 (4.56 I believe?)

My lashes are long, extremely dark and have decent volume. But they grow straight down. :(

I used this, waited for the mascara to dry and curled my lashes. I have a super cheap curler too, no shu uemara here :P

This holds my curl for the whole day until I wash it off. I've layered other mascaras on top and this doesn't cause clumps or make my lashes brittle.

The only downside is that it's overly goopey and I have to wait a while for it to dry.

Overall, I like it but the waiting is a turn off.

on 10/3/2013 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is fan-friggin-tastic. It's super cheap, and works like a charm on my brows. It use it after I've filled in my brows with a pencil and it just gives them great shape, holds up pretty well and dries quickly. Thumbs up!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love using this product for my eyebrows.... Works great and it's cheap. I have repurchased this a few times.

Video Reviews & Tutorials