April 20, 2014 | 1337 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Clear

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by jtmgaga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product does everything I need it to. I use it basically every day. I have long lashes to begin with, so this does a good job of separating them and keeping them in place. It also works well to hold my brows in place after filling them in.
I'm pretty sure it's really just a mild-formula hair gel in a tube.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by starburst1824

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally remembered to pick this up after hearing such good things about it for your brows and it did NOTHING for me-- at first I was worried it might flake or show up since my eyebrows are really dark brown & I've had that issue with other clear brow gels, but this just did nothing-- I wish there was more I could say about it but it was pointless! I have very long eyebrow hairs, so maybe that's why it didn't really help with keeping them in place...but I just expected more from such a hyped up product. Thankfully it's such a good price I don't feel bad about wasting the money on something that just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

I have purchased this product multiple times over the years, and have absolutely no complaints - there's nothing better for taming my thick eyebrows or for highlighting my lower lashes a bit (regular mascara always seems to slide off of those). It is pretty easy to find on sale, but I would happily pay full price for this item, as it performs far better than the more expensive brow groomers on the market. No flaking, and it sets my brows with a very natural look. Even though I replace it every three months for hygiene, it all adds up to a win-win situation. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by PowerFemme

While I've never used this as a clear mascara, I've repurchased this several times as a brow gel. My brows, which can get a little wild, stay put when I set them with this gel. I particularly like that this clear mascara does not dry down wet and crunchy looking like some others I have tried, and it never flakes on me. I've never tried higher end brow gels, and I've never felt the need to spend 5 times as much when this does the job just fine. It is an under-appreciated and often forgotten about staple in my routine since it isn't the most exciting or glamorous product, but it is effective and affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent brow gel. It does a great job setting my brows, which are extremely unruly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by schoolgirl101

My go to brow gel. I would not use this as a mascara, but as a brow gel, it's fantastic for setting my unruly brows in place. You can often get this for under $5, which is a steal.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lmao at the reviewer who said Maybelline should change the name to "Fisher Price My First Mascara"! I agree! I would barely recommend this mascara to a middle schooler! Why in the world does this mascara have such a great reputation? At CVS this mascara has about 6 different versions in the Maybelline mascara section, which baffles me b/c Maybelline has incredible mascaras that are significantly better such as One-by-One, Falsies, and Define-a-Lash. I've used 3 different versions and didn't like any of them. It neither lengthened, separated, or volumized my lashes! Seriously, can I get at least one of these things?! Don't waste your $5!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by PoisonIvy1273

I don't really like this product for a few reasons. It's meant to be a clear mascara and brow set which it only really does one of the two things which is setting the brow. The gel is good until about a hour later and its gone... I think I'll go back the my Anastasia one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to be that girl with severely overplucked brows that were essentially non existant. Thank goodness that girl is long gone and after 2 years my eyebrows have finally came back! My eyebrows for the most part are now full and untamely. Even though I trim my eyebrows they still like to move around everywhere throughout the day and I was desperate for a remedy. I picked this up at Walgreens and was super stoked to try it out. I don't usually fill in my brows unless I'm in the mood but I decided to use my Milani's Fix Brow Kit before trying this bad boy out. Upon first application of the clear mascara/brow gel, I realized how overly wet it is. When I put some on my eyebrows it definitely looked way too wet and shiny. I kind of wiped it off with a Q-Tip and when I tried a second time, I actually took the wand and wiped off the excess on the back of my hand. Well, that did the trick! It tamed my brows beautifully without weighing them down and it kind of toned down my done up brows which I love. SO happy I found this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My friend recommended this product to me as a lash primer and I decided to buy it since it's so cheap ($5) and I was looking for something to really help my mascara look even better. I also read after that you can use this as a brow gel, awesome! I finally opened my package and used it this morning before I put on my mascara and I don't know if it was just me but the brush applies way too much product and the brush is way too small for my lashes. It kind of glooped up on the lashes and didn't look good at all. Once I put mascara on they looked only okay. But I won't completely write this off, I'm going to work on my application first and see it it is still okay.

Even thought my experience with my lashes wasn't that great, my experience with my brows was a better one. I have long, coarse eyebrows and they usuallly get out of place and I have never used a brow gel before because I didn't think it was a big deal since my eyebrows aren't too out of control. I put this gel on after filled in my brows with a powder and wow it makes such a difference! It makes them look nice and sharpand I don't get the long hairs that go out of place either. It lasts all day, doesn't get hard and doesn't look shiny or wet on the brows. That is why I gave this a 4, for brows and I'd probably give it a 2.5 for eyelashes.