Maybelline Great Lash Clear

3.8

Aqua/Water, Alcohol Denat, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinyl, Alcohol, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA

on 3/18/2014 6:42:00 PM

I have been looking for a cheaper dupe of the anastasia clear brow gel and this was the first one I tried.
Pros:
Easy to use
Convienent packaging

Cons:
Not long wearing
Is very gloopie
I used this up within two months

I will not repurchase.

on 3/16/2014 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I bought this product after searching for YEARS for a mascara that doesn't smudge down under my eyes after a few hours of wear. I don't know if I have abnormally oily lashes or maybe I rub my eyes a lot because I wear contacts or what, but any (colored) mascara I have ever tried, high-end or drugstore or waterproof or whatever, ALWAYS ends up smudging down my face. My lashes are naturally pretty long and thick and dark, so I really just use mascara on my top lashes to sort of separate and define. This product does the trick as far as that is concerned and I use that as an everyday look. However, if I do for some reason want to lengthen and darken my lashes, I have discovered that this clear mascara works GREAT as a sort of top coat for a black waterproof mascara. I apply the black mascara, brush it out to separate and clumps, let it dry for about 30 seconds, then add this clear mascara. It's an extra step, but totally worth it because it really keeps the black mascara from smudging and melting down under my eyes!

on 2/20/2014 10:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm reviewing this product as a brow gel, and all I can say is it's AMAZING! I use this product whether or not I fill in my brows with my Anastasia Brow Powder Duo. It keeps my thick, wild brows in place all day without leaving them looking wet or stiff. After running out of this stuff I considered purchasing the Anastasia brow gel, but couldn't bring myself to spending $20 or so on a brow gel when I absolutely love this $5 cheap, drugstore one.

on 2/10/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm reviewing this product as a brow gel because as mascara, it does absolutely nothing. This helps shape, define, groom, and hold my brows in place! Just using this clear mascara on my brows makes my entire face look more polished. It works well on its own or to set brow powder or pencil. Doesn't leave brows crunchy or sticky and holds for hours. It cost about 4 or 5 dollars and a tube will last you a while. I've been using it every day for a year and a half and I've purchased it TWICE. Still on my second tube! Great product. I recommend.

on 2/10/2014 2:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I heard great things about Maybelline Great Lash in clear, as far as brow gel is concerned. I have brows that are naturally on the thinner side, but that tend to stray. So a good brow gel is a must, as it helps keep my brows looking tame and even a little thicker (since they're in place). This isn't the best brow gel I've used, but it's good for a drugstore product. A tiny bit goes a long way--so I make sure to wipe extra product off onto the edge of the tube before applying. Although it doesn't last ALL day, it does keep my brows in place for a good amount of time, without making them look or feel crunchy or stiff; I'm all for natural looking brows. I have used this as a clear mascara a couple times as well, and it works to naturally enhance lashes and hold them in place. I have long lashes already, so I imagine this would work better for those of us who do--not so much for those with shorter or sparse lashes, because this is a very basic product. As far as a brow gel goes, this is good-it's affordable and can be found at most stores. It does the job.

on 2/4/2014 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I typically use the ELF clear brow/lash gel which is $1 and it works fine. I thought I would give this a shot tho since I seem to go thru the ELF gel fairly quickly. Here's what I like about the Maybelline:

smaller, precise wand for application. No clear clumps. Doesn't leave my eyebrows crusty. A lot more product.

I love this product. For a few more dollars, I can get a better application and longer use of the product.

on 1/10/2014 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Great for eyebrows, not great for eyelashes. Keeps brow hairs in place and makes me feel fresh. It seemed to weigh my eyelashes down and droop even though I curled them beforehand. Had been wanting to try this for a while and it disappointed me as a mascara for eyelashes. I don't know if I'd buy this again.

on 12/25/2013 3:36:00 AM

I naturally have dark thick eyebrows like cara delevingne and I use this as a brow gel. When I put on my foundation, my eyebrows tend to become lighter from the makeup... So I just re-darken them with this brow gel. It's quick and simple! And I don't have to use my eyebrow pencil to darken my brows (like they were prior to putting my foundation on)

on 10/27/2013 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product, it tames my brows and if a want a little length on my lashes, only problem, it kind of breaks me out on my eyebrow area overall good product

on 10/26/2013 4:05:00 PM