April 23, 2014 | 944 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Glysomed

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by MacaronsDeRouen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very sensitive skin and this product has turned my hands from painful and cracked to smooth and unchapped in three days, more than once. Lasts a very long time; you only need a little. Works beautifully anywhere on the body - I've also used it on my chapped lips, where it worked a lot better than most lip balms (and tastes sweet because of the glycerin!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by kara86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product may not come in a pretty package or have a floraly fragrance but IT WORKS! If you have dry, chapped hands that crack, bleed and burn (Like I did this past winter) you should buy this hand lotion.
It is the type of lotion that you can feel on your skin, so I would reccommend putting it on before bed, and letting it air dry for about 10 min before you try to touch anything else. You will wake up in the morning with soft, smooth and comfortable hands!
This was reccommended to me by a co-worker and it has been a life saver for me in the winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

If you use this stuff sparingly, it will give you the perfect moisture, without excess oil or greasiness. But, if you put too much on, your hands will get extremely oily. Nevertheless, I would definitely recommend. Oh, but make sure you get the one in the tube. Much more sanitary ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Isane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is great during the winter months because my hands get so dry and chapped. It really moisturizes and keeps my hands soft. However it's just so heavy and sticky, it takes a long time to sink in which makes it unpleasant to use everyday. So I only use it when my hands are in desperate need.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by MissBettyful

I used to use this and I really liked the results. Recently I became sensitive to it and it would sting when I use it on my hands so I have to use vaseline instead. But I still really like the body lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by canneberges

Love love love. I found about 5 sample sized tubes sitting in a drawer one night and decided to try it out and see if it would help my cuticles sort themselves (they'd been dry and cracking due to winter weather). Works like a dream! You really have to work to get this stuff moving, sometimes it actually tires out my hands, but once it warms up it absorbs into your skin SO fast. No greasy feeling, and the moisture actually lasts!

The scent is barely noticeable, the tube is nothing special but handy nonetheless. Better than any drugstore hand creme you can find (I think I've tried them all).

Definitely a re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by snikolac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Glysomed (unscented) is my favourite hand cream. My skin get so rough and dry in the winter, but this stuff really soothes and moisturizes. I have issues with regular hand creams because in order to fix my dry hands, I generally need the heavier creams, which then get all over my clothes or bed sheets, and I feel like I can't touch anything until it all soaks in. The silicone --- or glycerine? --- in the Glysomed, however, seems to form a barrier that keeps the cream on my skin and not on everything else. This is one of the best products on my shelves!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

The one I'm reviewing is the one that comes in the tub. My mom bought this for my dad because he works with his hands a lot and they tend to get extremely cracked and dry especially in the winter months. I love the Glysomed that comes in the tube so I suggested she buy him Glysomed. She bought the one in the tub, not knowing the difference. I use it sometimes and find it to be a tad on the greasy side (and no I don't slather it on), which sucks when trying to screw the cap back on because it ends up slipping and sliding. It doesn't really keep my skin moisturized for as long as I'd like, but it does get the job done. I find Aveeno to be the best, it keeps my skin moisturized for 24 hours, like it promises.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 2:05:00 AM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Mine is unscented hand lotion in the squeeze tube.
Absorbs fairly fast for a deep hydrating lotion. Best used at night. Works well on feet after a pedicure.
Very cheap, and for $10cdn at costco you can get two 250ml tubes. What a steal. Love love love. Staple for the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by cofarb

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm reviewing the unscented hand cream. (They also make scented versions of the hand cream and body lotion but I haven't tried them.) This is probably the best product of its type that I've ever tried. It is odorless, absorbs fairly quickly and works very well. I have a tube next to every sink in the house, plus one in my purse. Very inexpensive.