October 21, 2014 | 1854 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Deep Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by bearo6321

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great cleansing oil - I prefer this to Shu. I wear SPF 50+ under makeup every day and the DHC effortlessly removes it without stripping my skin. It has a neutral smell, and if I keep my eyes shut it does an excellent job of removing mascara without irritating my sensitive lids. I like the ritual of massaging the oil into my dry skin and then emulsifying it off. Following the oil I then cleanse with a clarisonic and dermaquest glycolic cleanser, and I couldn't be happier with the results. The price is acceptable, although I do have to be careful not to use too much.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I was giving this as a sample travel size and just recently started using it.

You apply about a walnut size amount in your palm then massage into your face if you add some water it goes a whitish colour then rinse off with warm water then dab dry with a flannel. The effects after leave your skin super smooth and fresh, removes excess makeup and feels great. I haven't noticed much for minimising pores but maybe you need to use over a few weeks..

The only downfall is that when I use it to remove mascara it will easily go into my eyes and leave them blurred for 10 seconds or so, it doesn't sting but can be annoying so now I keep my eyes closed until I have rinsed away! Having said that I still continue to use as the results are so good. So I now use this mainly in the mornings for best results!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

Yea this stuff is great but at $30 a bottle, I just felt like I was washing my money down the drain. the bottle did not last long for me. a little does not go a long way. It took me 3 pumps to get all the makeup off my face.

If the bottle lasted months and months I'd repurchase but it did not.

On to look for a cleansing oil that is not as pricey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Pretty decent cleanser. The packaging couldn't be uglier.

I didn't do too much in clearing up my skin but it did feel clean. I won't buy again and I didn't feel like it did too much for me. My face did feel very clean after though!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this, because I enjoy the texture of oil, but I prefer my Eve Lom for removing makeup thoroughly.

With the DHC, it is recommended that you still have to wash with their soap afterwards. I don't mind the extra steps but I do mind having to use 2 products when one will suffice

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by chenhilei42

It's great for oily skin only if you apply it correctly. It really clears up and minimizes my pores without leaving my face feel dry or dehydrated. But I would suggest apply it with dry hands onto a dry face. After FULLY massaging the face, wash the face with sufficient water until the oil on the face completely turns milky. Do use a cleanser after this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product to use in the winter when everything else dries up your skin into little flakes. But surprisingly it's also fine in the summer. Whatever the weather, humidity, level, etc., even if you're washing off a full face of makeup, it does the trick and leaves your skin perfectly clean and non-oily. It's only really effective though if you apply it with dry hands, on a dry face for some reason.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

This was one of my first forays into the world of cleansing oils, and for a few weeks, it worked beautifully. No breakouts whatsoever, no excessive oiliness or dryness. Just soft, smooth skin.

I have rosacea and very sensitive skin, and somehow after I was considering this as a likely HG, my skin reacted with bumps and redness. So sad. I'd recommend anyone with rosacea to proceed carefully, therefore...maybe try a sample or decant first.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by justmelw

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 72, have been using this product for 10 yrs. love it buy fo not love thr price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by thatasianchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

First impression was "wow, this is really oily and greasy". But as I emulsify the oil with water -- Oh. My. God. My skin was so smooth. It left no trace of oiliness or greasiness on my face. Almost like I wasn't even using oil remover. Minimal to moderate makeup - one pump. For full coverage, caked-on makeup, two pumps will take that off. It removes all waterproof mascara/eyeliner too! I usually go over with a gentle cleanser (Physiogel - prescribed by a Hong Kong dermatologist). And mien oh mien, after I pat my face dry, my skin is soooo silky and smooth. I, then, go over with a cotton pad of Bioderma.