October 2, 2014 | 939 users online

Cleansers - DHC - Deep Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Pretty decent cleanser. The packaging couldn't be uglier.

I didn't do too much in clearing up my skin but it did feel clean. I won't buy again and I didn't feel like it did too much for me. My face did feel very clean after though!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this, because I enjoy the texture of oil, but I prefer my Eve Lom for removing makeup thoroughly.

With the DHC, it is recommended that you still have to wash with their soap afterwards. I don't mind the extra steps but I do mind having to use 2 products when one will suffice

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by chenhilei42

It's great for oily skin only if you apply it correctly. It really clears up and minimizes my pores without leaving my face feel dry or dehydrated. But I would suggest apply it with dry hands onto a dry face. After FULLY massaging the face, wash the face with sufficient water until the oil on the face completely turns milky. Do use a cleanser after this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product to use in the winter when everything else dries up your skin into little flakes. But surprisingly it's also fine in the summer. Whatever the weather, humidity, level, etc., even if you're washing off a full face of makeup, it does the trick and leaves your skin perfectly clean and non-oily. It's only really effective though if you apply it with dry hands, on a dry face for some reason.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

This was one of my first forays into the world of cleansing oils, and for a few weeks, it worked beautifully. No breakouts whatsoever, no excessive oiliness or dryness. Just soft, smooth skin.

I have rosacea and very sensitive skin, and somehow after I was considering this as a likely HG, my skin reacted with bumps and redness. So sad. I'd recommend anyone with rosacea to proceed carefully, therefore...maybe try a sample or decant first.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by justmelw

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 72, have been using this product for 10 yrs. love it buy fo not love thr price.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by thatasianchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

First impression was "wow, this is really oily and greasy". But as I emulsify the oil with water -- Oh. My. God. My skin was so smooth. It left no trace of oiliness or greasiness on my face. Almost like I wasn't even using oil remover. Minimal to moderate makeup - one pump. For full coverage, caked-on makeup, two pumps will take that off. It removes all waterproof mascara/eyeliner too! I usually go over with a gentle cleanser (Physiogel - prescribed by a Hong Kong dermatologist). And mien oh mien, after I pat my face dry, my skin is soooo silky and smooth. I, then, go over with a cotton pad of Bioderma.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Law08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Seriously obsessed I can't wait to wash my face at night! You know how no matter what you do when you go to towel off your face it seems you ALWAYS have some left over make up that didn't come off? Not anymore! My skins as soft and as smooth as a babies bottom! With this ill likely never age! I love it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by YENSUONG

I love this cleansing oil better than my Shu Uemura pore (pink bottle) because it doesn't dry out my skin at all. It keeps my face balance and clean! I love how my skin feels clean and refleshing. I don't like the smell that much, it smells exactly like olive oil(ingredient). I would definitely buy it again! :) Highly recommend it.

Shu Uemura is $67 for 15.2oz/450ml on shuuemura.com
DHC is $25 for 6.7 z/200ml on amazon.com

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by geminiysanford

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ewwwwww. After hearing all the hype about oil cleansers, I thought to myself, why not , what's the worse that can happen? Living in Japan, I have easy access to the brand DHC, and their oil cleanser has received many rave reviews. So, I bought the large pump bottle, for about 30 bucks. So, basically, I paid someone thirty bucks to wreck my face, and break me out like it was 1988. How it works is, you squirt a bit from the pump into your dry hands, and apply to your dry face, rub around, add some water, and the oil emulsifies, rinse off, and voila, squeaky clean skin. NOT! What happens is, you smudge your makeup around, turn it i to makeup sauce, your waterproof mascara doesn't budge, and you break out. The oil is heavy, and admittedly I do not like the feel of it. Especially on my face. But I have dry skin, and thought, maybe this will get me clean and not make my face feel so tight. So, heavy oil face, add water, rinse. Within hours, my chin and above my eyebrows have broken out. Gross. I continued for a week, thinking it would clear up, that my skin was purging, maybe? Nope. The blemishes spread, my face never felt or looked clean, and my husband started to joke that 1986 called, and it wanted its skin back. Not funny. That was the worse that could happen, and it was bad enough that I swore off oil cleansers, and recommitted to my japanese style double cleansing, foam first then lotion.