November 27, 2014 | 1566 users online

Eyeliner - Christian Dior - Diorliner

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by xmifaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great liquid eyeliner. I use it everyday to line the top of my eyes. Previously I had been using the shiseido liquid eyeliner and it took 5-10 minutes to dry completely and i still had to blot over the liner with a cotton bud so it would not smudge with wear throughout the day. I through all liquid liners took a while to dry so did not try any other brands until Diorliner came in a GWP and I was so happy to discover that it would dry in literally 5-10 seconds and has incredible staying power and does not smudge at all! My makeup routine is so much quicker now that I dont have to hold each eyelid shut for 5-10 minutes so the liquid can dry. I only use liquid eyeliner for the top of my eyes not the bottom, I prefer pencil to line the bottom of my eyes (I use clinique cream shaper for eyes)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2007 3:41:00 PM More reviews by cubanchik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used Christion Dior eyeliner & I did not like it at all. It was too smudgy- not longlasting. I give it a thumbs down.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2007 1:55:00 AM More reviews by eurobarbie

This is probably my favourite liquid liner. I found it the bets for precision and the colour is very rich. The staying power is great. I however initially didn't like the fact that when you twist it too much product comes out, and you have to rub it on your hand and then dip it in like previous reviewers have said. BUT I got used to it very quickly and its a small price to pay for such a good liquid liner. Ive had it for over six months now, using it two to three times a week.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by jillmoe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just ok eyeliner. I prefer Lancome artliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2007 12:29:00 AM More reviews by poppiesandboppies

I like this eyeliner. It is easy to apply and it stays on perfectly all day. I have not experienced any of the problems mentioned. One click/twist gives me the perfect amount of one eye. What I love about it the most is how it looks the same at the end of the day as it did at the start of the day! You don't have the problems associated with a pencil eyeliner such as smudging. Here are some tips that might help the issue of blobs coming out:
-Shake the pen before dispensing the eyeliner
-Just twist it once, you might not be able to see whether any came out but should have and just apply it.
-Keep your brush relatively dry of eyeliner after use so that it doesn't dry up and clog the brush.

My only complaint with this product is its price and that'd be the only reason I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2006 8:28:00 PM More reviews by buttercup9386

Terrible product, considering the hefty price tag. You have to click the end of it for the liner to distribute into the brush. You'll keep clicking but no liner comes out, then finally a huge gob will gush out. So much of the product is wasted on this poorly designed feature. If that were my only complaint it would be one thing, but the quality of the eyeliner itself is very poor. Once you apply the eyeliner, it stays for some time. But before the day is over it will peel. It won't just fade quietly like some eyeliners but it will peel noticeably, leaving large gaps. Layering the eyeliner does not produce a better effect, so there's really no remedy for the situation.
Considering it's Dior and that it's very expensive, I expected at least a decent product. I will definitely not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2006 5:08:00 AM More reviews by jean_seberg

I have to agree with esther_oh on this. I bought it because it has a brush tip and not a sponge tip like other pen-style eyeliners, which I don't like. Sadly, I don't think it's worth the price. It's hard to get the brush tip saturated with 'paint' without it going all gooey. The line gets a bit streaky, not completely evenly saturated, so you have to draw up the line once again which is NOT good for a liquid eyeliner. On the positive side, I think the pen is very easy to handle. The packaging is lovely and luxurious, and if it cost about half the price I would be satisfied with the product, I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2006 11:26:00 AM More reviews by silverapples

This is a great liner. I've used it for more than 10 years. I notice some of you mentioning that the product comes out in blobs - the trick is (forgive me if I'm being patronising and you all know this already) twist the end till a blob appears on the end of the brush, dab that on to the back of your hand and use it as a "well" to keep dipping into to get the right amount without wasting much.
Yes, the pen can dry out a bit but it doesn't mind being run under the tap and you can run your nails down it to get all the chewy crud off it and have a nice fresh brush again. I've just bought a chanel liner that seems identical (it was a wee bit cheaper) As far as I can see they've ripped off the entire idea. Haven't actually used it yet but I'll let you know how it compares when I do. :o)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2006 9:34:00 PM More reviews by pompodore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in the Dark Brown. I did like it, the texture is good and it does have good staying power. The tip is medium so not the best for precision work. I wear this when I want to give my eyes depth as opposed to darkness.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2006 5:21:00 AM More reviews by esther_oh

I hated this! It was expensive, so I expected a lot more from it. I had to click the application rotating thing like 10+ times to get any product to come out, and it came out in thick, uneven globs. I had to like.. smooth over the globs.. and the colour would come out a little streaky, rather than a solid black line. It was difficult to draw a thin line.. I could only use this if I wanted a thick line. I stopped using this after 2-3 tries despite the cost- it was that bad! It LOOKS nice, but don't let the packaging or name fool you.