July 22, 2014 | 2070 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by PamelaA

Felt nice at first, but caused my foundation to look cakey. I don't understand the hype. Still looking for perfect primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by amandarud08

I tend to have oily skin and wear foundation from 11am-3am. This primer seems to work great for 6-8hrs but then I feel like my face is just an oily mess. I use MAC Foundation though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by roman0vmarisa

This is my go-to primer. It makes your skin so smooth so your foundation can go on smooth. It is absolutely amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by SkyAlternative

My experience with this tends to depend on the foundation I am using. I don't wear primers alone. When I use this with a matte foundation like Kat Von D Lockit Foundation, I find that it makes me look cakey. When I use it with a foundation that gives a more dewey finish like Maybelline Fitme, it looks ok. I love that it's oil-free but overall it's not what I am looking for in a primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by belizabeth7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample with other purchases. I was really excited to try it out but unfortunately other then making my skin feel a bit softer after the initial application I didn't really see a huge difference in my makeup lasting. Some days it felt almost greasy on my skin if I used anymore then a pea sized amount. Maybe if I could have used more it would have been more noticeable? I would not recommend this over other primers.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by cornflakegrrl

Simply not worth the hype. Even though this claims to be oil-free, I feel my face greasy when I use it. Just...urgh.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

It has good staying power and was easy to apply/felt nice but broke me out horribly.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by BlueBabyDoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

There seem to be quite a few mixed reviews on this product. I can see where both sides are coming from to be honest. When I first tried this product I was on the side of people who thought it was horrible. I used a small amount like others recommended. Doing that I didn't see any difference to my makeup.
But when I began using more ( a slightly smaller than dime size amount on each cheek, forehead, and chin) I saw a difference. With this method I noticed my makeup staying without fading, and it didn't settle into the couple of lines near my mouth like it normally would. It makes putting on foundation a lot more pleasant as well since I don't have to rub as much to blend, and the foundation doesn't catch onto and emphasize any dry skin patches that may be present.

I have noticed slightly longer staying power but only by like an hour or so. But my foundation doesn't tend to wear off too much anyway unless it's really hot, and I haven't had this that long.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:05:00 AM More reviews by sierraxoxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I honestly wanted to like this product when I bought it. Unfortunately it does nothing for me. I will admit it made my skin baby soft which offered a good base for my foundation. However, my makeup actually faded FASTER with this product than without. Maybe I just got a bad batch? I will not recommend this to anyone and I will not be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by JenniferBalesteri

I just read all of the wonderful ladies' reviews on this and am not sure if I'm going to purchase or not!

I received a sample from Sephora, and had the little packet in my makeup bag for a week...I had some time today and smoothed it on. Felt very nice...of course it's loaded with silicones, etc, but felt very velvety going on. Also, I read to not use much at all, so I didn't.

6 hours later, my face has ZERO shine. This stuff sucked up all of my afternoon shine on my T-zone. My foundation (Lancome Renergie Lift makeup NC20) has not budged.

Not a huge difference in my pores, but they do seem smoother in appearance. I'll wait and see if I break out, but so far, I'm really liking this primer! I don't know if I need to buy it for everyday, but it's nice to have on to extend my face makeup wear!