October 25, 2014 | 1637 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've seen this primer recommended dozens of times through Pinterest and magazines alike ("top 100 beauty products" and the like). I was curious to know what the hype was all about so I was pretty excited to get a free sample in a Smashbox starter pack.

But this stuff is just disappointing. The formula is way too greasy, it does nothing for my make-up, and at nearly $50 CAN for a full tube it's an expensive mistake to make. Despite Smashbox having a reputation for a variety of great primers I can't say I was very impressed with the original Photo Finish Primer.

Too greasy. Not enough longevity. Too expensive.
An overall lackluster performance by Smashbox.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by lipstiklover

Everytime I use this I break out horribly. I also read someone's review on here that this balls up when they put their makeup powder on, it happened to me as well with foundation. I use Tarte's Amazonian Clay Foundation and it flakes off and balls up and just doesn't seem to click with that foundation. I've tried using a lot of product and a little and both times I didn't notice a difference. Makeup still settled into my pores/lines,still got oily; didn't do what it claims. Sadly, this didn't work out for me as hard as I tried to like it and make it work for me. Will be returning soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Luciibabi

It does the job, but its just ok. I found it did make my make up last longer, but not that much, and i found that i needed to use a lot of it which i wasn't a fan of.

It is good and i see why a lot of people like it, it just wasn't right for me, but who knows it could work for you. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by misslizzybee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this as a sample before I committed. A lot of people I talk to don't like this primer because of the texture, so it would be wise to try it before buying. It feels silky to me. As far as its quality, I've noticed a huge difference in the way my make up looks. I definitely have a more flawless finish when I use the primer and set with powder. It also makes my make up stay on a lot longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Beautylover1331

I really do love this primer! I heard about it through missglamorazzi who swears by it. I got it in the smashbox try it kit as a mini size. It is quite a small size but I hardly needed any product at all so it lasted me quite a long time. After I finished that off I immediately went and bought the full sizeable first I used to think that it was a ridiculous price for a face primer, but once i figured out how long it lasts I realized that for how much you get it's a reasonable price. I love this primer because it really does keep my face makeup on all day long. My makeup used to be gone by the end of the day all of the time until I got this primer. Now I never have to worry about having to make trips to the bathroom for touch ups!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

yuck! gave me a zit! This stuff feels oily and gross...was a sample.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by arobejsek

HG primer! I can definitely tell a difference when I wear this vs. another primer. It is silky, and helps my makeup stay all day and even (mayb

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by daniellelannom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite face primer! I've lost track of how many times I've repurchased it. I gave it an overall 4 due to the price. $36 is pricey for a product. It's a 4 for packaging, but I like the way it's packaged compared to a pump where you can't get as much out. The plastic is a little stiff which makes it a bit tricky to squeeze everything out. My face has a tendency to be dry and need moisturizer when I put my makeup on, but then get oily through the day. This product helps my makeup go on very smoothly and not have the little flakes from my face being dry. I absolutely adore this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by finayssa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was a bad primer. I meant real BAD. I had high expectations for it but it was so frustrated when I purchase it said reduces the appearance of pores and it has good reviews on it by the beauty gurus from YouTube. It was so disappointing when I tried it did not prolong my foundation. It made my pores a lot noticeable and my foundation didn't stay long compared when I'm not wearing any primer. I would definitely not repurchase this especially for $42.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by the_duckie

NC30. This stuff's amazing. It goes on thick but not greasy and smoothes out my pores, blemishes, and fine lines. Applying liquid foundation is a piece of cake with this primer underneath; it just glides over and blends smoothly - it's much easier to achieve an even skin tone while using this primer. I've worn it all day and it's lasted.