August 27, 2014 | 1599 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2014 3:27:00 AM More reviews by finayssa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was a bad primer. I meant real BAD. I had high expectations for it but it was so frustrated when I purchase it said reduces the appearance of pores and it has good reviews on it by the beauty gurus from YouTube. It was so disappointing when I tried it did not prolong my foundation. It made my pores a lot noticeable and my foundation didn't stay long compared when I'm not wearing any primer. I would definitely not repurchase this especially for $42.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by the_duckie

NC30. This stuff's amazing. It goes on thick but not greasy and smoothes out my pores, blemishes, and fine lines. Applying liquid foundation is a piece of cake with this primer underneath; it just glides over and blends smoothly - it's much easier to achieve an even skin tone while using this primer. I've worn it all day and it's lasted.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by lipstickandleather

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i feel like this primer is a tad bit over rated. don't get me wrong, it makes my skin feel super smooth after using it and does shrink my pores.. however, i think for the price it doesn't work wonders. i have tried cheaper primers and gotten the same results and staying power. i had high hopes for this primer.

i see that the light version has better reviews, so i may try that next after i run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by lollycat99

I really do like this primer!!! Normally I would get an oily t zone but with this stuff i don't get as oily and also it makes my foundation last a whole lot longer. I have weird skin, I have an oily t zone (sometimes) but then other times it's normal to dry and doesn't produce that much oil. I think this is great for oily or normal skin, however my cheeks are dry and this kinda dries them out a bit. I did notice a difference in the way my foundation looked it looked more flawless and smoothed out. That's why I really like this primer it does it's job!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by jessicax21

I got this as a sample and it doesn't work for me. I think it's because I don't use foundation and just put powder products right on top, but it always balls up on me, like I can rub it right off. If you don't wear foundation over this, I don't think it would work.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've heard a lot of hype and I got a sample of this from my make up counter so I was super excited to try it.

I have normal to dry skin. I normally never prime because I normally have never seen a difference with it. This was no exception. It's smooth and clear and feels good on the skin. There's no reflects in it and it's not shiny. No bad smell. After you apply your foundation it looks good. It doesn't look worse but it looks the same. Ok carry on throughout the day. ....

I feel my make up breaking up my skin feels coated. If I scratch and itch on my face you can see the foundation streak from the itch. This can't be classified as a primer. It's simple silicone shield between your skin and make up with no adhesive power. I know a lot of people who love this and it works for them. This just wasn't the case for me. I have a love for Avon magic skin perfector. The illuminated formula. I use it for the spf factor and the fact it's slightly pearly on the skin and thought the day makes my foundation look glowy and nice. It doesn't have that melting effect that Smash box gave me.

Maybe I went wrong somewhere with the product in application. I applied a tiny amount because that's all I needed with my fingers. I'm glad I didn't spend full price on this which is$44 - $50CAD. For 1 or 1.7 oz tubes.

Also I have read that monestat chafing gel is the exact same formula for a fraction of the price. I've not tested this theory though.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by c0nsequence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This was my first ever primer, I found my face feeling oily with it on and my makeup didn't last very long with it. It's very expensive and overall, not a very good primer. Only thing I liked was the packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by stapletonc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG product! Makes my foundation smooth and last all day. Wayyyyy too expensive though. I buy the travel size $10 ones and use it every day

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by PamelaA

Felt nice at first, but caused my foundation to look cakey. I don't understand the hype. Still looking for perfect primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by amandarud08

I tend to have oily skin and wear foundation from 11am-3am. This primer seems to work great for 6-8hrs but then I feel like my face is just an oily mess. I use MAC Foundation though.