Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

3.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract

on 11/16/2014 11:50:00 AM

This primer is HORRIBLE! I used it and washed it off before bed. I woke up with an extremely itchy, red and swollen face. My eyes extremely puffy and lips angry red, swollen and blistered. I have used many different makeup products and NEVER had this happen. This is completely awful! Save your money and don't purchase!!

on 11/15/2014 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been experimenting with primers, and this one is pretty good. It leaves your skin smoothed and primed and ready for foundation or powder. I'm not totally wowed by this product, but it does the job.

on 11/14/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just don't get primers; I do know what they're marketed for, but I have never experienced any of the benefits. I had a deluxe sample of this particular product, and just like other primers I've tried, it does basically nothing. Well that's not true; it dries out my skin and makes it flakey. It doesn't make my pores look any different (I wish!), and it doesn't make any difference in the way my makeup goes on or stays on. I honestly feel like all primers, including this one, are a case of "the emperor's new clothes" LOL.

on 11/13/2014 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

NOT WORTH THE PRICE. I bought this for $40 +tax.
It does make my skin softer and foundation seems to stay on well after applying the primer.
However, its too oily and I get red bumps or zits on my cheeks everytime I use it.
First time opening the product, a puddle of oil poured out.
I regret buying it.

on 11/7/2014 12:08:00 PM

This is my everyday primer, its easy on and creates a nice base for me to do my makeup. Makeup just kinda glides on over this stuff and it works great. If I was going out or to an event, I would prob go for a poreless primer, which this is def not. But everyday it works great and the bottle will last you a while, which is good cause its not the cheapest!

on 11/5/2014 7:43:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The first time I tried this primer I haaaated it. After a couple years I decided to give this a second chance and I am very glad I did. My issue the first time around was that I was too heavy handed with the application. This time I worked around my face in sections, using the tiniest dot along the way. It made all the difference. Instead of feeling like I had a mask on, this primer used sparingly evens out the skins texture. Foundation glides on top of this primer and additional products blend well.

Fortunately my skin did not have any strange reactions and overall it smoothed over some flakiness I've been having on and off.

on 10/26/2014 9:47:00 PM

Great primer, such a smooth finish. The 1.7 bottle goes a long way and does not have to be repurchased often. I probably will experiment with other Smashbox primers before I make this a staple for myself.

on 10/1/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Good primer, I like the "slick" ones. Went on well, did its job. I can buy drugstore primers that work just as well on me for a fraction of the price.

on 9/30/2014 3:27:00 PM

I received two sample sizes of this product when I bought the the Smashbox Liquid Halo foundation back in April and I'm still on the second now which speaks volumes about value for money. The product comes out the the tube like a gel but distributes like a clear velvety wax leavin my face smoothed out and filled in. The product doesn't really have a smell which is a relief as in my opinion if I overload my sense of smell whilst I'm applying make up I begin to feel like I'm wearing too much. I've use this under high end foundations as well as high street foundations and it has served both very well, I do notice a nicer distribution of my foundation and better coverage, if I want to make my foundation last super long I'll use double the amount. I've been able to go out on an all-nighter, wake up and not have to apply any make up (well except gloss) it's such a good product

I got this primer a couple of years ago when I was on a Smashbox kick. I purchased the clear/transparent one, not the purple or colored one. As far as consistency it felt like DHC Vevet Skin Coat, and it did make my foundation appear more matte at first, which is what I like, due to oily problem skin. Bottom line: it's nothing special, you can buy any number of lower end primers for less than half the cost and glean the same exact results. I give it an overall 3/5. My makeup did last maybe a bit longer and wore a bit better, but it didn't sink into my larger pores and make them less noticeable, which Is why I purchased it. Won't be repurchasing.

Popular Primer/ Correctors