October 24, 2014 | 1667 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - MAC - Brush Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Ritochok

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The best brush cleanser I have found so far. I use this for spot cleaning every few days. I pour some cleanser on a paper towel and swirl my brushes in it. It gets rid of all the color and smells nice and fresh, and doesn't leave any residue on the bristles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim because I was running out of Sephoras brush cleanser. I thought this could replace it, but no, it didn't. Sephora's was gentle and moisturizing enough for me to spray it on the brush, wipe of on a rug, and then use on my skin after it dried. Mac's was a bit disappointing in that area, because I noticed that when I used this the same way it dried out the bristles and caused my expensive brushes to shed. Ouch... But for deep cleansing where you wash it off anyway it works beautifully. It removes the dirt and eyeshadow/powder/gel liners without a problem, and leaves my light colored brushes all white and nice again. I don't like how the bottle is designed to pour out so much product - but I guess it's because it really is meant for deep soaks where you use more product, instead of the one from Sephora you just spritz on.

I would buy it agan since it works so well, but it is a bit expensive since I use so much at a time, so if I find a cheaper alternative that works just as well (or better) I would most likely replace it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by COCO792

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I previously used the Clinique brush cleanser and bought the MAC one because it is cheaper and there is more in the bottle.

I took out the Clinique pump spray and used it in the MAC one. but had to cut it down a bit as the Clinique bottle is taller.

like many reviews mention on here, the MAC cleanser is more for quick and frequent cleaning as opposed to a more deep and less frequent clean, which is my downside. because I clean my brushes every week or every other week. so quite a lot of product builds up.

I need less of the MAC cleanser than the Clinique to remove more product from brushes. but still the MAC cleanser doesn't get the brushes 100% makeup free. it doesn't do a deep enough clean. I have to clean my brushes, let them dry then clean them again to get last dregs of makeup out.

this also made my brushes softer, which isn't always what you want. for example firm, stiff brushes like goat hair and kabuki bronzing brushes.

so can anyone recommend a good deep cleaning brush cleanser?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this cleaner, especially for spot cleansing. Trouble is the bottle sucks, so I got myself a travel sized spray bottle and transferred it into there. This way I can spray directly onto the brush or onto tissue without wasting so much product - this is too expensive to waste! When using this I find that my brushes dry faster too, which is good for me as I wash my brushes just about after every use!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this for spot cleaning, mostly, because when i deep clean with it i have to use a lot or product, thus wasting it, also it just doesnt deep clean very well, afterwards it just doesn't feel as clean as it should. it makes my brushes smell pretty good tho, ill give it that

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by flgirl1904

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this brush cleaner for lightly cleaning my brushes after I use them but it is definately not a deep cleanser. I dont like how it is not a spray bottle but it doesnt bother me that much. It runs out quickly and its expensive because I go through it so much. Overall I like it and would recomend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by THEqu33nb

I've been through at least 30 bottles of these over the past few years BUT the price really HURT my wallet!! SO i decided to find a cheaper alternative=99% alcohol.
which works just as good BUT is a bit harsh when dipped.. you can only spritz it.

this is gentle yet VERY effective. removed weeks of foundation and powder in a 10 second dip.

overall GREAT PRODUCT but costly overtime..
what i did was mix this with water so I would conserve the product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by sll74

this cleanser did not perform well for me. i transfer some brush cleanser into a spray bottle to quickly clean my eyeliner brush and other brushes with ease. i formerly used the japonesque brush cleanser but bought this one since i use so many mac eye products. it just didn't do a good job plain and simple. i can't even waste time using the bottle up. i'm going to see if my mother likes it, if not, i'm dumping it. i've already refilled my bottle with my trusty japonesque brush cleanser and i won't go astray on this one again. too bad this one didn't work well at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this brush cleanser is crap...for cream/liquid foundation brushes. it will not get the foundation off of your brushes so dont even waste your money on this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm contemplating whether I should repurchase this or not when I run out or try Clinique's brush cleanser instead which is more expensive but it has better packaging. I don't like the opening because it doesn't disperse the amount I want. It doesn't remove all of the product out of my foundation brushes regardless of what I use to soak and rub the brushes on (e.g. tea towel, chux wipes, kitchen paper towels, tissues, cotton pad).