MAC Brush Cleanser

4.4

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), SD Alcohol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Triclosan, Red 33, Blue 1.

on 3/14/2013 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've been using this stuff for years as my staple spot cleanser for my brushes. I keep a hand towel on my vanity, drip some of this onto a dirty brush, and swish it around on the towel until it comes up clean. I do not rinse afterwards. I let them air dry for a few minutes, and they're ready to use again! For deep cleaning, I use shampoo. I wish it has a spray bottle, I waste alot of product dripping it out.

EDIT: since when Is this $15!? YIKES.

on 2/26/2013 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love using this in between washes :)

on 1/19/2013 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've bought this brush cleaner for years. It was my first brush cleaner, actually! After I finished my first bottle I experimented with other cleaners but none cut the mustard like MAC's. I find you can waste product because it leaks out the top pretty easily. I've since found a spritzer to replace the pop-open top and its been a dream! Once your brush is clean, it takes no more than a minute for the brush to fully dry. I like to lay mine on a 'sham-wow' to absorb moisture from my larger brushes. This cleaner will not compromise the integrity of your brushes and does the job right! I will definitely stay a loyal buyer - the formula is just perfect!

on 1/15/2013 5:58:00 PM

I have spent many years cleaning out my brushes with water and a paper towel. This is the worst thing you can do to your brushes. The bristles get ruined and you can't get maximum use out of your brushes anymore. I bought this product as an impulse-buy and it was the best decision I could have made for my brushes. It makes them completely brand new. It takes all the dirt off and leaves them smelling great. Don't use water anymore and stop wasting money on buying new brushes!

on 1/1/2013 12:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I've been buying this for years to clean my brushes and it's simply amazing. It cleans my brushes thoroughly and they look and feel as good as new again.
It is a little expensive so I've tried cleaning my brushes with shampoo and dish washing liquid and nothing works as good as the MAC brush cleanser. I definitely recommend this product!

on 11/27/2012 11:23:00 AM

Great brush cleaner. Put some on a tissue and swirl brush until it's clean. My only gripe is that a lot of product leaks out due to the design, I would definitely re-purchase though as it's quick and easy.

on 11/2/2012 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a great brush cleanser. I mainly use this for spot cleaning my brushes after each use. Just dab a little on tissue and swirl the brush around it. Gets the make up right off. However, I don't use this for weekly deep cleaning (I use Elf brush shampoo or baby shampoo instead) because I would go through a lot if I do!

on 9/15/2012 8:14:00 PM

This is a great brush cleaner! It suds up and you can see the brush getting clean. I like that there is a little pour spout so you don't waste too much product and can get further into deeper brushes. I use this on all of my brushed and it works exceptionally well. Also there is little to no scent.

on 7/30/2012 1:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The best brush cleanser I have found so far. I use this for spot cleaning every few days. I pour some cleanser on a paper towel and swirl my brushes in it. It gets rid of all the color and smells nice and fresh, and doesn't leave any residue on the bristles.

on 7/5/2012 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this on a whim because I was running out of Sephoras brush cleanser. I thought this could replace it, but no, it didn't. Sephora's was gentle and moisturizing enough for me to spray it on the brush, wipe of on a rug, and then use on my skin after it dried. Mac's was a bit disappointing in that area, because I noticed that when I used this the same way it dried out the bristles and caused my expensive brushes to shed. Ouch... But for deep cleansing where you wash it off anyway it works beautifully. It removes the dirt and eyeshadow/powder/gel liners without a problem, and leaves my light colored brushes all white and nice again. I don't like how the bottle is designed to pour out so much product - but I guess it's because it really is meant for deep soaks where you use more product, instead of the one from Sephora you just spritz on.

I would buy it agan since it works so well, but it is a bit expensive since I use so much at a time, so if I find a cheaper alternative that works just as well (or better) I would most likely replace it.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools