April 16, 2014 | 1463 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - Amande Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by poreblaster2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually really like how this feels: light, silky, low lather. The texture is very nice while in the shower, but I'm not noticing my skin being smoother or more moisturized when I get out. And I'm not crazy about the smell. I normally love almond scents but this one is too sweet, on the verge of being flowery to me. So meh. I wouldn't buy again because it's expensive and I don't LOVE it. It's just okay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Consider me a lifetime customer of L'Occtane!!!! I only used this product for a week, but I have decided that I love it soooooooooooo much that I'll go ahead and post a review . This is pure aromatheraphy in the shower. Smells so sweet and has a genuine almond scent. It lightly lathers well and washes off beautifully. It leaves a discreet hint of sweet almonds on my skin and moisturizes exceptionally well. A little goes a long way, so I assume this bottle will last me at least 5-6 months.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by lashjunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is okay for a non-drying body cleanser. It doesn't really foam much at all. The fragrance is pleasant. Comparatively, I prefer to use Cerave hydrating cleanser as a body wash because I like it's thicker consistency and it seems more economical.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by CChantal

I love this shower oil! It makes my skin feel soft and the smell is amazing.
When you come from under the shower the smell is subtle, but it stays all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by camila410

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this product as a sample and I thought it was simply a body oil. Of course, I discovered I was mistaken and I loved the result. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and my skin feels softer and it smells delicious. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by cdiorlipglossgirl

Absolutely love this product. This is a staple for me during winter months because it combats dryness like no other lotion or bodywash I've found. The scent is herbal/woodsy and soothing. It lathers well and is great for shaving. I usually leave a bit on my legs before I towel off and then I don't have to apply any lotion. I love this so much that I always buy the larger size during the L'occitane savings events.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by tjolahei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is just fantastic! I've got pretty dry skin and in the winter time with the cold it gets even worse, but with this shower oil I manage to keep moist. The almond smell is good not too synthetic, it lathers up great and leaves the skin soft and silky smooth. To avoid fish skin I still use moisturizing after showering in the winter time, but in the summer time that isn't necessary. I definitely recommend it for dry skin types!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by sportys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favourite shower gels. I like that it doesnt smell sickly sweet or sickly synthetic. Its lathers gently, and also good when you want to shave your legs or underarms.
Doesnt leave you feeling like you have deeply moistursied on your body or anything, but a little moisturised - perfect for humid climates!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ronitabandita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

When i first bought it, I loved it and thought it would be a staple luxury. It smelled like rich almonds, and the oil quality felt silky on my skin. th scent did not linger long and I did not feel dry and itchy. It was not very moisturizing, but I didn't care. However, that was the first two months. It was downhill from there. It started to go rancid and two things happened: 1) the lathering quality went down significantly - I had to use more to work up a sizeable lather; and 2) it developed a sharp pungent smell - in fact, someone said I smelled like flint. I think this is a testament to it's natural ingredients.
If you plan on buying it, use it up quickly. Don't let it sit in your shower and go bad.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 4:31:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This body wash makes showering a luxurious experience. You don't need moisturizer after this, it leaves skin fresh and supple. And... the SMELL! It smells plain gorgeous almonds.
It's quite pricey so I only repurchase every now and then, but I think it's the best product out there from L'Occitane!