April 16, 2014 | 1970 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dolce Vita

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2008 8:09:00 AM More reviews by essija

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wore this years ago and Loved it. It is sexy and classy at the same time. I got huge compliments.. Made me feel like a million bux.. I agree that it is hard to find anymore. It's very expensive and I have not had any luck finding any on Ebay. I have not worn this in a long long time and as long as they did not change anything I would wear it again. Not in summer this is a heavy powerful perfume.. Winter months would be better, nighttime would be better..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sissyfris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The fifth of the incarnations of Feminite du Bois (the other 4 belong to Serge Lutens) Dolce Vita is best described as a blonde Feminite Du Bois. The original is dark, sheer, powerful, and the sort of thing I imagine on a medieval heroine/witch. It is Angelina Jolie, all tatooed and ripely pregnant, a combination of fierceness and femininity that is both scary and alluring to men, in equal measure. Dolce Vita is a clear relative, with the big pillowy lips and bosom, the come hither eyes and feminine wiles (think Scarlett Johansen) but lacks the primal response of FdB. She is less likely to curse you or poison your apple than her dark sister. The fruity notes are magnified in DV, and the sunlight quotient of the dark Celtic forest is increased, DV is warmer, lighter, friendlier, and probably easier to wear. It could be a daytime version of FdB or a summer version if FdB is your signature scent. It is very, very pretty, and if you find FdB to be too much, or are bent on collecting all the FdB incarnations, DV will be appreiciated. It is lovely, and it shines... just not quite as sumptuously as FdB.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by tinye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i wore this for the better part of a decade, but it's mysteriously vanished from the shelves in my area. :( i cry. i have one bottle of the lotion that i'm hoarding- it smells just as strong as perfume, so i apply it as such, sparingly and occasionally.

i've never been able to distinguish a single note from this particular blend, but whatever it is, it's all put together extremely well. it's warm and kind of heavy, but i wore it year round for years and years. i can't detect any of the florals listed in the notes... it just smells like dolce vita to me, and it is looooovely. sorely missed.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Rocki

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first smelled this fragrance years ago, it was wonderful. I bought a sealed bottle off of Ebay, and it smells similar but not as smooth. Lately, most of the older scents have been tweaked. It's awful to do that to a quality fragrance. Too many to name. My original review of this fragrance was very nice & woodsy. Now, not as impressed. UPDATE: Question...does this come in EDP? Because I bought the EDT, and it doesn't smell as deep or woody, as the scent I smelled when it first came out. Maybe that was the EDP, and I liked it much better, than what I have. The EDT smells icky.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by honey123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG no more : (

Alas I got some through today from Boots.com and checked the ingredients:

Alcohol, Parfum (Fragrance), Acque (Water), Alpha-isomethyl Ionone, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, Eugenol, Cinnamal, Citral, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cl 15985, (Yellow 6).

I am allergic to citral and citronellol and now have to find a new HG as cannot risk a reaction, sigh.

This was my signature scent before getting my allergy test results - i guess thats why i was drawn to it, cos it was no good for me.

I will miss this scent SO much and dont know what I am going to find to replace it.

Update: I had a consultation with a real live perfumier! He works for a London company called Les Scenteurs and for 20 you get a half hour telephone consultation and they send you out 5 generous (my 2.5ml has lasted 10 days already) samples I am working my way through:

Pierre Guillame "intrigant patchouli"
Acqua di Genoa "acqua di genoa"
editions de parfums "cologne bigarade"
serge lutes "a la nuit"
editions de parfums "lys mediterranee"

ooh la la.

Also he said if I had good results with a particular house another from them so maybe Dior it will be after all?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

(EDT) I can think of at least two occasions where I have had a bottle of this in my hand, ready to purchase when another scent I wanted just a little bit more caught my attention - and Dolce Vita was put aside. I sampled again today, and while it's not a bad scent at all on me, I am finding the predominant cedar or sandalwood notes to be a bit sharp, almost tangibly so. At a distance however it is a very nice scent, lovely sillage. I just might get myself a gorgeous little bottle of Dolce Vita before it becomes as hard-to-find here as it is south of the border. Thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by ema

This has been my signature scent for over 6 years. The scent evokes warmth and sensuality. It stimulates the senses. It might be considered subtle as it does NOT hang heavy in the air or leave a flowery trail as other perfumes, but it does reactivate and fill the air when you get warm. I might refrain from stating it exudes a sweetness like that of a bakery, but then, there's not many people that wouldn't like to take a nibble of the heavenly vanilla, apricot, peach, and cinnamon scent - including my puppies!

I read reviews before I buy my perfumes, here is where I find the top rated perfumes for the best prices: http://www.buzzillions.com/womens-fragrances-perfumes-reviews/n/4294925071+4294966833/

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by gem_babe

I love the fragrance! when i frist smelled it i thought it was way too sweet, but when i put it on i found that it actually smelled really nice on me, and after a while, i even felt like it had some very subtle masculine notes to it. It really depends on the person, because it will smell differently on everyone. However, it's def. not an everyday perfume, more for special occasions, and dressing up i'd say.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

An incredibly beautiful bottle and package, with an incredible juice inside. Sadly, this is either discontinued, or very hard-to-find in the States. Quite similar to Feminite du Bois, by Shiseido, but this is lighter and a bit more sparkling. A fruity, woody oriental with a resinous, vanillic and powdery base. Although it is not listed, this fragrance has a DEFINITE cumin note. I am not sure if it is coming from the sandalwood, which sometimes can smell like cumin (read: 10 Corso Como), the cedarwood, the peach, the plum, the grapefruit, the bergamot, the cinnamon, the cardamon, and clove, or a combination of all of the above. It is not a chypre, but the fruity and woody notes are quite similar to the reformulated Femme de Rochas, just no oakmoss or patch or vetiver in the base (read: no chypre). I don't think the US mainstream market was ready for this one when it came out. It's beautiful and softly dazzling, a couture Calgon, taking you away to Lake Maggiore, Italy on a summer afternoon.
Here are the notes I found on this beauty: a combo of Jan Moran and Osmoz's notes.
Top: Bergamot, Grapefruit, lily, rose, magnolia, cinnamon, cardamon, clove
Middle: peach, plum, apricot, cedarwood, sandalwood
Base: Vanilla, Heliotrope, castoreum
If you are at all a fan of scents with a cumin note: Kingdom, 10CC, Boudoir, Femme de Rochas (reformulated), Angel Peony, L'Autre by Diptyque, you *must* try this! Also if you're a sensual wood lover, this is a must try. Don't be afraid of the fruity notes; they are expertly blended. No grandmas here! This is not an overly powdery scent.

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2008 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Upon the first spray, I thought "yuck". It started out "brassy" on me and it smelled ever so slightly like burning cigarette. However, a very short time after the first spritz, Dolce Vita really showcased it's wonderful notes. Very nicely done. I just wished it's initial notes worked better with my chemistry. Advertised Notes: TOP note : Bergamot, Peach, Cardamom, Grapefruit, MIDDLE note : Magnolia, Rosewood, Lily, Cinnamom, BASE note : Cedarwood, Sandal, Vanilla, Castoreum