July 22, 2014 | 1055 users online

Fragrances - Clinique - Aromatics Elixir

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by nahyt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

lmao at lepins review! this stuff smells like badly aged coco chanel. its sharp, sour,medicinal,decrepit. i cannot understand its appeal. funny cause i smelled this in a magazine and i thought "wow ive found my holy grail scent" , then i buy it...and i swear this stuff gave me heartburn. i felt like i got punched inside my throat when i first sprayed it. maybe i got the wrong formulation? im not gonna give up on it though...i will try all other concentrations of the elixir and see if i change my mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by heyfattybumbum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

Short story ...I was visiting London several years ago minding my own business....only to be literally surronded by half a dozen ladies demanding to know what perfume I was wearing and wafting down Kensington High Street ..they had followed me all the way down!!! when I told them AE they all dashed off to Barkers (a high end dept store) to buy a bottle each.....this happened so many times to me when I wore AE ...sadly my new husband cannot stand the perfume on me he says smell of dettol disinfectant...charming!!!..but it still imo remains a stunning beautiful perfume ....

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by lalki1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to love this fragrance on other women but hatad it on my self, it was too animalic on me , maybe it is an age thing but now i absolutely love it, it is a foresty woody- earthy- green- chipre marvel.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by curlycolor

Absolutely skunkish. Will coat your throat and your sinuses and make you gag until you can get it off your skin. Run far, far away.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by sesass118

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a love it or hate it. It is incredibly strong and to be used VERY sparingly, it can be quite off putting right off the bat, but my favorite method of application is to spray it (not on the skin) then dab what is left on the nozzle on my wrist....seriously that is plenty for ALL DAY. But, it is unique, woody, herbal, and one that you absolutely will not find just everyone wearing.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by TempleUgrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Churchy and Repulsive. People around you, will HATE you!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Extremely nauseating perfume. I can't stand this smell as it gives me a headache. Too strong and overpowering.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by troodos

I can absolutely see that this has strength and character and may be too heavy for many but I adore it and have done ever since I first encountered it in the late eighties. It is beautiful and unique in my opinion. I do have a soft spot for 70s perfumes but this is different to the more popular ones of the time. Every single time I wear it complete strangers ask what it is. Different, beautiful and original a gorgeous, fresh oriental with attitude. Go on, you know you want to. Don't be out off by the people who scoff, usually put off by first reactions. Out it in, live with it and see what response you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Kimber7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy this fragrance once it warms up on my skin. BUT I must caution as others have, a DAB WILL DO YA! Literally I barely press the sprayer down on my wrist and I am good for the day. It lingers, I feel sexy and sophisticated. But I can see how it can go terribly wrong on some people, especially if you over do it, you could kill a small town with more then a spray! Go easy !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by tecumsum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If I were stranded anywhere and could only have one fragrance, THIS IS THE ONE!! AE is the serious holy grail of all of the fragrances that I have (and I have a shocking lot). It is not for the meek, timid, shy gal. It is a full-on, sex in a bottle deal. You either love it or hate it...no in betweens. Strong chypre that can compete with any fragrance of any price (french included). Goes on strong, but dries down to a soft, sensual, even spiritual experience. Patchouli, sandalwood and vetiver make for a dangerous concoction that will have men following you around in a stupor. AE is an absolutely brilliant, complex fragrance. Very unlike mainstream floral, candy-sweet fragrances on the market nowadays, it is a stand-alone, distinct goddess all its own. Love the body smoother as well because of the concentrated fragrance and feels very smooth and silky once applied. The price of AE is also fabulous. If Clinique ever discontinues this...OMG...perish the thought!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No