Clinique Aromatics Elixir

3.0

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have been wearing this fragrance for years, and when I say years I mean since around the very early 80's. I have never purchased a bottle of any other perfume since I found this, it truly is my signature scent. From what I gather reading here on MakeupAlley you either love it or hate it and I LOVE IT! It's a very strong fragrance so all you need is a light spritz to smell like a million bucks all day. Just when you think it has faded because you can't smell it on yourself someone will come out of nowhere and compliment you on your perfume..... it has happened to me time after time so I know that Aromatics Elixir does not wear off. I have been complimented over the years from so many people ~ from my dermatologist all the way down to strangers in the elevator. It is a scent unlike any other. Aromatics Elixer has notes of rose, jasmine, ylang ylang and vetiver ~ simply devine!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would describe this fragrance as ‘intellectual’. It smells like it was created without any unnecessary affectations or ingredients and seems to achieve a herbal, woody kind of natural classiness. On the right person it smells absolutely wonderful . On the wrong person (me) it verges on the austere.

on 8/11/2012 6:56:00 PM

I first smelled this on a young indian woman in a store. She smelled so amazing I stopped her and asked her what she was wearing. She told me "some new clinique scent." I went searching for this the next day and was surprised to learn this is no new scent, it's been around for over 30 years. I ordered a 4ml mini off ebay for 15$ and have been in love ever since. This is very incensey, and it is very intense. I love strong perfumes and will usually just spray once on my wrist and then dab it on pulse points all over my body, but this fragrance is almost too strong for that even. The spray puts out a little too much, I wish it was a stopper vial that I could dab with instead. It is so insanely strong the first hour or two, but then it fades to a wonderful aura of incense, musk, vetiver all mixed in with a bunch of florals like jasmine and rose. I think it's a truly lovely scent. It smells so exotic to me. It's definitely a better cool weather scent though. The 4ml I bought will probably last me forever, which is great, I love when you don't need to over use a perfume to make it last all day or do constant touch ups.

on 7/15/2012 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

lmao at lepins review! this stuff smells like badly aged coco chanel. its sharp, sour,medicinal,decrepit. i cannot understand its appeal. funny cause i smelled this in a magazine and i thought "wow ive found my holy grail scent" , then i buy it...and i swear this stuff gave me heartburn. i felt like i got punched inside my throat when i first sprayed it. maybe i got the wrong formulation? im not gonna give up on it though...i will try all other concentrations of the elixir and see if i change my mind.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Short story ...I was visiting London several years ago minding my own business....only to be literally surronded by half a dozen ladies demanding to know what perfume I was wearing and wafting down Kensington High Street ..they had followed me all the way down!!! when I told them AE they all dashed off to Barkers (a high end dept store) to buy a bottle each.....this happened so many times to me when I wore AE ...sadly my new husband cannot stand the perfume on me he says smell of dettol disinfectant...charming!!!..but it still imo remains a stunning beautiful perfume ....

on 6/4/2012 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I used to love this fragrance on other women but hatad it on my self, it was too animalic on me , maybe it is an age thing but now i absolutely love it, it is a foresty woody- earthy- green- chipre marvel.

on 4/28/2012 10:32:00 AM

Absolutely skunkish. Will coat your throat and your sinuses and make you gag until you can get it off your skin. Run far, far away.

on 4/19/2012 2:36:00 PM

This is a love it or hate it. It is incredibly strong and to be used VERY sparingly, it can be quite off putting right off the bat, but my favorite method of application is to spray it (not on the skin) then dab what is left on the nozzle on my wrist....seriously that is plenty for ALL DAY. But, it is unique, woody, herbal, and one that you absolutely will not find just everyone wearing.

on 4/10/2012 6:24:00 AM

Churchy and Repulsive. People around you, will HATE you!

on 4/2/2012 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Extremely nauseating perfume. I can't stand this smell as it gives me a headache. Too strong and overpowering.

Popular Fragrances