Banana Boat Sunless Tanning Creme - Deep Dark

Water, Dihydroxyacetone, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Petrolatum, VP Dimethiconylacrylate Polycarbamyl Polyglycol Ester, Caramel, Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Steareth 2, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Lawsonia Inermis Extract (Henna)

on 4/3/2012 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my go-to self tanner in the summer. The reasons are simple: it's cheap, it's easily found in my local stores and
it gets me dark with one
application. The color is a very deep natural bronze...that is until you walk outside. The color appears very fake and orange in natural lighting. Also, the fading process is the worst with this product. It flakes off very unevenly and makes my skin appear very dry. Overall, with a good exfoliator, this is a decent self tanner. Just go light on the application if you have plans which are outside.

on 4/3/2012 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This sunless tanning cream is amazing. I've had mine for almost a year and I love it. It's only $7 at Wal-mart so buying it was no problem at all. I had first used Jergens sunless glow lotion and it was terrible. It took forever to dry and washed off very easily. It didn't even build a lot of color. This lotion however, is tinted so you can see where you've already applied it. It develops completely in just a few hours and takes awhile to dry, so wait at least 10-20 minutes before putting clothes on. When it's dry, it looks great! It's a very good, dark color. I've experienced streaking a few times, so that's why I rated it a 4 instead of 5.

on 11/28/2011 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Simply AMAZING. I had to wear shorts for work one day and needed a quick tan. As soon as I applied this I noticed a tan! It didn't turn me orange and it didn't streak! The scent isn't actually the best, but it's nothing horrible. I was scared to buy the deep dark, but it ended up not being that DEEP at all, it was perfect and not fake looking!

*I've used the Jergens Natural Glow and that just left me orange and streaky. The color I got when I applied the Banana Boat Creme the very first time, would have taken me about 3 days to get with the Jergens Natural glow.

on 7/22/2011 2:37:00 AM

i have used so many self tanners drugstore and high end and this is defentaly on of the best when it comes to a lotion tanner. it dosnt streak and gives a beautful buldable dark tan color. its just awesome. i buy it at walmart for about 8 bucks. i use this on my arms and legs and a spray tan on my face

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I use this on my legs and stomach and it works great. No orange and the smell doesn't bother me. Results are nicely tanned legs without any damage from the sun!

on 6/28/2011 12:51:00 PM

This stuff just rocks. Almost goof proof! I also mix with my lotion when I travel to mainain my tan. Dirt cheap, very little ST smell..

on 6/27/2011 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

One of the best self tanners I've ever used (and trust me, I've tried a lot!) It pops up as a rich brown color, even on someone as pale as myself. But it's not too dark, so if you streak, it's easy to cover up. The fragrance isn't great, but it's not any worse than your standard self tanner. The price is also a definite plus compared to other tanners (I paid around $7 at Ulta), perfect if you're on a beauty budget.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

You get a more brown with this than you would with the Jergans/Equate tanners. It set in a few hours with minimal streaking.
Wash hands after every body part because orange palm sets in fast.

If you do get a streak take a q-tip dipped in hydrogen peroxide and lightly go over the streak till it disappears but you still have the color left.

The smell at first was not bad, kind of fruity, but as the day goes on it gets bad. My boyfriend, not having a filter, said it smelled like cat pee...sooo yeah, might want to apply this several hours before you shower and before you're around people.

This stuff doesn't have the best staying power and it doesn't fade nicely at all!

on 5/24/2011 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is an amazing self tanner for the body. I get a nice, natural tan after one application. Its a gel-like liquid, tinted so you can see whether it went on evenly.Application is easy, I use a plastic glove and rub it all over, so the palms of my hands won't turn dark too because it will even though i wash right after. The scent is like a typical a self tanner, but i'm ok with it. I love the natural tan when i get up the next morning and it wears off in about a week without any problem.Just like a natural tan.

Like any other self tanner, you have to exfoliate before applying. You would have to moisturise your skin, not right after applying the self tanner, but a day after to maintain a nice tan look. Be careful to apply in a dry place, any water that drip onto your skin will create a streak on your skin, just rub it and it'll even out. It absorbs very quickly but not immediately so you have to wait a while before putting on your clothes.

Overall I love this product and have repurchased a second bottle.

on 5/9/2011 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love This Stuff! Don't be afraid of the "Dark", I'm pretty fair and the "dark" is fine. I love the tan that it gives, NO nasty smell, fades out well and you can't beat the price. I've tried many others and many were much more expensive....Banana Boat is the best faux tanner for my money. Try it!!

Top Rated Banana Boat Products