Banana Boat Sunless Tanning Creme - Deep Dark

4.1

Water, Dihydroxyacetone, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Petrolatum, VP Dimethiconylacrylate Polycarbamyl Polyglycol Ester, Caramel, Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Dimethicone, Steareth 20, Steareth 2, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Lawsonia Inermis Extract (Henna)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I use this on my legs and stomach and it works great. No orange and the smell doesn't bother me. Results are nicely tanned legs without any damage from the sun!

on 6/28/2011 12:51:00 PM

This stuff just rocks. Almost goof proof! I also mix with my lotion when I travel to mainain my tan. Dirt cheap, very little ST smell..

on 6/27/2011 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

One of the best self tanners I've ever used (and trust me, I've tried a lot!) It pops up as a rich brown color, even on someone as pale as myself. But it's not too dark, so if you streak, it's easy to cover up. The fragrance isn't great, but it's not any worse than your standard self tanner. The price is also a definite plus compared to other tanners (I paid around $7 at Ulta), perfect if you're on a beauty budget.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

You get a more brown with this than you would with the Jergans/Equate tanners. It set in a few hours with minimal streaking.
Wash hands after every body part because orange palm sets in fast.

If you do get a streak take a q-tip dipped in hydrogen peroxide and lightly go over the streak till it disappears but you still have the color left.

The smell at first was not bad, kind of fruity, but as the day goes on it gets bad. My boyfriend, not having a filter, said it smelled like cat pee...sooo yeah, might want to apply this several hours before you shower and before you're around people.

This stuff doesn't have the best staying power and it doesn't fade nicely at all!

on 5/24/2011 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is an amazing self tanner for the body. I get a nice, natural tan after one application. Its a gel-like liquid, tinted so you can see whether it went on evenly.Application is easy, I use a plastic glove and rub it all over, so the palms of my hands won't turn dark too because it will even though i wash right after. The scent is like a typical a self tanner, but i'm ok with it. I love the natural tan when i get up the next morning and it wears off in about a week without any problem.Just like a natural tan.

Like any other self tanner, you have to exfoliate before applying. You would have to moisturise your skin, not right after applying the self tanner, but a day after to maintain a nice tan look. Be careful to apply in a dry place, any water that drip onto your skin will create a streak on your skin, just rub it and it'll even out. It absorbs very quickly but not immediately so you have to wait a while before putting on your clothes.

Overall I love this product and have repurchased a second bottle.

on 5/9/2011 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love This Stuff! Don't be afraid of the "Dark", I'm pretty fair and the "dark" is fine. I love the tan that it gives, NO nasty smell, fades out well and you can't beat the price. I've tried many others and many were much more expensive....Banana Boat is the best faux tanner for my money. Try it!!

on 5/9/2011 11:03:00 AM

I really like this product. I used it for the first time last night and it blends really well and gives a nice golden color that is not orange. I do have a few spots where i did not rub it in well that streaked but it is my first time applying self tanner in years.

on 5/4/2011 10:06:00 PM

I know products work differently on different skin, especially self tanners since they change the color of your skin. I have always longed for a nice olive skin tone but alas I got my mothers irish genes. I am very very fair skined with cool undertones so this review may only be helpful to those who have very fair skin like myself.
First of all I want to say I have tried almost every self tanner out there. Neutrogena, Clarins, Bath and Body works, Loreal, Xen tan, Lancome, Jergens, and the list goes on. Drugstore and Department brands alike. This self tanner is my 2nd favorite ever.
The color is rich and the first drugstore tanner that didn't turn my fair skin orange. It is not too dark, not too light and fades pretty well as long as you moisturize every day after you use this product. The consistancy is creamy like a whipped pudding and there is suppose to be a color guide but it is a little hard to see where you are applying it. As long as you apply this right you will get an even beautiful tan for a very inexpensive price. I would put the quality of this product up with xen tan! The only reason I gave it a four is because my skin is pretty sensitive and it may be breaking me out. Not horrible or anything but I have noticed a few small pimples more than I usually get. This may not be an issue for everyone though so I still recommend people at last try it.
I do have some advice for self tanner newbies on the application of this product. 1.) exfoliate and shave one day before you apply the tanner. Some exfoliators haves oils in them that don't rinse off well and mess up the tan. 2.) When you are ready there is no need for gloves. It is easier to apply without them and gloves can cause streaking. 3.) Mix some of the self tanner with a bit of unscented lotion such as cetaphyl. This will make the consistancy more creamier and easier to apply so you can avoid streaking. Don't use too much body lotion or it will dillute the product. 4.) Start from your legs and feet and move up wards. If you start from the top down your stomach will make lines. Run the tanner/lotion mixture in circular motions on one part of the body at a time til the tanner is completley rubbed in and no longer sitting on the skin. 5.) After you have done your body wash your hands with bar soap. Bar soap is more concentrated than liquid and will remove orange palms. 6.) After you wash your hands do the tops of your hands last using only a small amount of tanner/lotion mix using a cotton ball or makeup sponge to apply it and don't be afraid to get some in your knuckles and in between your fingers. 7.) Lastly and most importantly to avoid those tell tale signs you have been tanning on your hands wrists feet and anlkles, use a cotton ball or makeup sponge and put body lotion (like cetaphyl) on it. Swipe it softly across your wrists knuckes toes and ankels. Using the lotion alone in these spots removes the excess tanner that gets into the lines and streaks in those areas. Viola no tell tale signs and the perfect tan. Keep the tan longer and make it fade evenly by using a body lotion every day! Good luck!

I have waited a long time for the quality of self-tanners to improve since they first came out. After reading countless reviews, I decided to try this one out. I was pleasantly surprised. I really like the caramel-y color the deep dark gives. Though there definitely is a technique to applying this. Be sure to deep moisturize well before applying. Wear gloves so your hands don't turn orange. Avoid using too much on elbows, knees, ankles, and hands. When reapplying, do so sparingly. I find that my 2nd and 3rd applications end up a little splotchy in some areas after a few days. It takes practice. And the smell, though not entirely unpleasant, lingers for a while. That being said, it's worth the effort if done correctly.

on 9/7/2010 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this self tanner! I've tried a couple brands (Jergens, Neutrogena, Loreal) and this is the best drug store brand out there. The most important thing to me is color... The other brands are too yellow/orange on the skin ( I am Hawaiian and Asian, so I get TAN), but the color Banana Boat gives you is awesome! It's just a pure bronze/brown color. Granted, it doesn't have a fragrant smell like the other brands, but all bronzers end up smelling stinky after they kick in. I just use it at night before bed, shower in the morning, and the color lasts all week!

Top Rated Banana Boat Products