April 19, 2014 | 1105 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy. Eff. This is THE best foundation I've ever used. I sometimes wonder about companies that make and market foundations. They sound wonderful and I try them and I'm left thinking...what's the fuss about? Like Nars sheer glow is a great example. It's just nothing special. The finish is bland and it wears poorly throughout the day. It also cost me $5 less than the Dior Airflash. The reason why this is worth every penny spent ($60 CAD) is because of the finish, it's beautiful, satin, truly airbrushed poreless finish. It's blend able, build able, and absolutely gorgeous. Its glowy and healthy. It stays put! I hardly need concealer! In fact, I don't unless I get a monster zit, which is rare. This has every quality you'd look for for in a luxury foundation. The idea of spray foundation turns some people off, but you can apply it to a brush, or your hand and its great. Just go easy, and it won't be wasteful. I think the packaging I think needs to be the way it is. It also has a nice classy scent. It's very light, and doesn't linger. It's a gem. My only recommendation is to get color matched correctly! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by KathMaple

I have large pores and combination skin and this worked brilliantly for me. Shame it's so expensive (about £30). I use it for special occasions. It feels ever so light. You have to apply it with a brush really - either spray on the brush or your hand and dab it on using a good foundation brush. You would waste too much by spraying it directly on your face and of course it would end up in your hair. Lovely product though. Nothing's beaten it for me so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't fall for this one immediately, but as I'm using it more this summer with Sephora's Beauty Blender (an item that's due for a good review), I've have grown to love it more and more after every use.

Regularly priced $62 @ sephora, but purchased it with one of their rare 20% OFF coupons.

Likes:
- Lightweight: regardless of how many layers I put on, it feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!
- Summer Foundation: this is what got me to love it even more. I've worn this foundation for weddings during the hot summer days in Sonoma/Napa wine country. While I melt away under the heat, the foundation doesn't! I always pair my foundation with a primer for extra stay-put power.
- Coverage: at first, I didn't like how light the coverage was when I applied it the first few times on separate occasions. I now layer this product for more coverage and it actually doesn't feel any heavier, nor does it look thick. One layer, light coverage, two layers, medium coverage, three layers, full coverage. The product sinks into your skin, giving a nice, natural, velvety finish.
- Color match: I ordered this online, based off of the color swatches on Sephora and surprisingly did not need to go into the store to exchange. The color #200 works for me (asian skin, medium-fair color with yellow undertones).
- Photos: looks natural in photos. Sometimes when I use MAC foundation, I look white/washed out in photos.

Dislikes:
- Price: A little on the expensive side. I don't use this everyday, so it has lasted me for more than a year. Yes, far too long to keep foundations, but I don't like wasting products! Doesn't seem like the product has gone bad either, after such a long time.
- Spray Nozzle: I try to spray this very close to my beauty blender so I don't mist everything else around me. No luck, still a bit messy. You'll always find some foundation on you, the floor, or sink somewhere. Other people have suggested cupping your tool in your hand (whether its a brush or the blender) so your hand catches the excess.

As for repurchasing, as much as I actually love this foundation...the price is a bit painful. Dreading the day I run out and have to make the decision to fork out the money or try something new & less expensive. If anyone has suggestions to a similar product at a lower pricepoint, please share!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by AnikaAnswer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this at sephora with a stippling brush and it was amazing. My skin never looked so flawless and glowing like I just came off a red carpet. But after an hour the glow went away and it just became some natural looking foundation which still covered up my scars. I love that it doesn't dry my skin out but I want that flawless look to last more than just an hour.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by SMS13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Very disappointed with this product. Looked great when testing on back of hand, appeared dewy and radiant. Once on face appeared very translucent so more application than normal needed. Felt cakey and dry. Very expensive at £32. Will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by dtintina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really wanted to like this foundation, especially since it was quite pricey. But I don't like it at all!! As soon as you apply it you get that heavy makeup feeling on your face... I couldn't wait to wash it off and let my skin breathe again. Not surprisingly it made me break out like CRAZY. Not to mention that it collects in your pores and accentuates them... And if you have oily skin forget it!! It melts off your face even with a primer and setting powder. I expected more from Dior with such an expensive foundation. Will NOT be repurchasing !!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by nicolekm

I really like this foundation. I have it in the 100 Ivory shade (MAC Studio Fix Fluid NW10, Chanel Perfection Lumiere 10 Beige), and it is a really great match. I usually set it with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light or La Mer's Translucent Loose Powder... both work well. I don't use a brush to apply this... just spray it on. No issues with application... it's quick and easy. The one negative that stands out the most for me is the price. At $62, I'm saving this for special occasions. I wish the price was lower just so I could justify using it more often. I did wear it to work once, and despite a very long work day combined with the horrible heat and humidity outside (during lunch), it held up perfectly. No greasy mess, no separation, and it didn't melt in the heat. I will definitely be buying it again once I run out... I don't think I could be without it for special occasions.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by PamelaGB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really looking forward to trying this foundation. Right now I'm using SISLEY Phyto-Teint Eclat Fluid Foundation in 0 Porcelaine and I confess I absolutely adore it. But I also like to try new foundations and this one sounded good, based on the reviews here. Plus it's summer and I like to go with a less moisturizing foundation in the summer. I should say right off the bat that I have hated every mineral foundation I've ever tried and I don't bother with them at all anymore.

First off, the color of this (lightest this foundation comes in) is too dark for my redhead's complexion. Just a shade, but a shade too dark IMO. There is no way that you can spray it on your face; you have to spray it into your hand and work quickly -- very quickly. This foundation gives a masklike, cakey appearance that I didn't care for at all -- especially in comparision to the dewy glow I get from my Sisley.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Gabydaniel88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far I am loving this product. Has a lovely finish and leaves my skin looking so glowing, natural fresh and beautiful. I use it for work since I dont have a lot of time to do my makeup and this is very quick and easy, and makes me look natural. I think this is light to medium coverage and has not break me out. It is expensive but worth it, the only con is the shade range since it is very limited, but the color 200 has worked for me perfect and does not oxideses. I have very oily skin and i have to admit that this barely controls it, but does not make it worst so i just carry some blotting papers and a little transluscent powder and use it twice in the day :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by ImogensMakeupReviews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I found my life long foundation! Its so amazing I will never need another foundation! I am 200 as I have fair skin but really suited my combination complexion! I recommend this product if you like the whole "Makeup" look! Specially for younger skin as It evens out any blemishes and fine lines! ***** stars from me!