October 25, 2014 | 1618 users online

Powder - Prestige - MultiFinish Wet Dry Powder Foundation

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 2:59:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For $7 I'm really impressed. I'd given up on powder foundation because I tend to be quite dry. I don't know what made me think again about it. I bought this based on the reviews that I saw here. I am NC20 and I bought wheat and it is the most beautiful neutral ivory shade I have ever seen. The powder slides on beautifully if I moisturize well. I use the puff that is contained on the bottom of the compact. I like the portability and I like the price. THE only downside to this product is that I don't think it has the greatest staying power out there. I find that it fades away on me compared to my other full-coverage cream foundations that I normally wear. That may be an expectation that should not be applicable to powder foundations and I still think this is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was in Walgreens and saw this was marked down with a "last chance" sticker on it, so I thought, "why not"? I remembered the great reviews it had and had seen it used in a FOTD by a member with great skin.

I am "buff" in Colorstay, "ecru" in Doublewear and "light" in BE and picked up "wheat". Initially, wheat is a tad too light, but then it blends and melts into my skin for a perfect match. Which is what I find odd about this foundation- the first five minutes after you apply it, you look cakey and pasty. Then POOF, it blends into your skin and looks like perfection. It even passed my outside mirror test. Take any mirror, go into bright outside light, and look how pronounced or hidden your skin flaws are. This foundation helped hide the large pores and discoloration I live with (ah- tanning bed use in my teen years=paying for it now in my 30s).

I actually stumbled upon usuing this as a finishing powder as well for a super flawless, airbrushed look. I used this over Revlon Custom Creation foundation, and it resulted in a full coverage, super flawless look. I was shocked that it was MY skin that looked like perfection.

I hope that "last chance" sticker that was on this at Walgreens means they are repackaging this, and not discontinuing it. Maybe I better go back and stock up, just in case.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2008 10:41:00 AM More reviews by patpatpatpat

This is my first powder foundation, since I have flaky since I've always though powder foundation would be too drying for me. Surprisingly this works on my skin! I bought Natural Beige for my NC30-ish skin and it's a pretty good match, no yellow or pink, just a neutral color. The other possible color was Soft Spice but that one has quite a bit of yellow in it. Staying power is also surprisingly good, after 8 hours or so still looked pretty good and only a bit of shine in the usual areas. The package is ok too. However, I have found that I can not wear this 2 days in a row because it does do strange things to my skin if I wear it too much. Never mind, I will still repurchase! Not HG, but great for every(other)day wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading the great reviews on this product, I decided to try it. I'm so glad I did. It's a great powder foundation! Being the makeup junkie that I am, I have tried many other brands (BE, Sonia Kashuk, Almay, L'Oreal, you name it), and I must say that, among the full coverage ones, this one is the best. Great coverage w/o looking powdery. I chose Wheat, which is a tad light for me, but it's winter, so it's ok. I use it over my Olay Total Effect Anti-Aging Anti-Blemish (I swear by that cream as primer for powder ftds) and it looks great. I used it with a brush and with a sponge. Worked both times. I still have to try it wet. Great price, too!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by ktb2780

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product beats Maybelline PureStay powder foundation and MaxFactor powder foundation. It covers MUCH better than both, looks smoother/more like my natural skin than both of those. It gave a wonderful glow! I think it is almost a perfect color match in Wheat (I use the lightest shade Maybelline has in PureStay powder, and I used light champagne in Max Factor). As an added bonus, it did not change colors or turn orange/pinkish as the day went on! I really felt like it looked like I was wearing something much more expensive than this, which is a good thing! It stayed put on my oily face for longer than Maybelline. I hope it continues to perform!!

EDIT: After a week of using this and comparing to Maybelline Purestay powder foundation, Prestige does not control my [very] oily skin as long as Purestay Powder. I am still using it because Prestige *covers* better overall and is a better color match... but it just doesn't hold up as long as I thought it was going to. I have to retouch with powder twice and some days it just seems to slide off my face.

Now, if only Maybelline Purestay made the "Wheat" color of Prestige and had better coverage... the search continues...

EDIT: I think this is causing me to break out more than I would normally - definitely seems to clog pores. NOTE: It isn't just this brand however, it now seems my skin doesn't like powder foundations :-(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I've tried applying it wet, which seems to provide more coverage, and I've applied it dry, which just gives a natural your-skin-but-better look. It feels amazing on my skin, absolutely weightless! I wore it to work tonight, and it stayed on for at least 8 hours with very minimal shine (only a bit on the tip of my nose, which always gets oily). It's still less shiny than with any other powder foundations. I got this on sale for about $4, and I've found a great color match in Warm Ivory. The one thing I don't love is the packaging. I like that the applicator and foundation are in separate compartments, but I really wish the mirror was on top, so I wouldn't have to keep moving the foundation around. It's also difficult to open at first, but the closure seems to loosen up a bit with use. I would most definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Poutiful

I agree with pretty much everythign sadendingsong said. This is a PHENOMENAL product! It has great coverage that I thought I would never be able to get from a powder and the finish is flawless- it even makes you look glowy with no shimmer! I LOVE this foundation AND their creme to powder foundation, but sadly every color is too yellow-based for me which is SO upsetting! The finish of both is completely flawless and would be my HG if they didn't turn gray on my pink-toned skin. :( If you have yellow toned skin you should absolutely try this! (Found at Walgreen's for under $7)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 8:54:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

this has amazing coverage.. I feel like this is what mineral foundation is supposed to look like!!! all their claims about excellent coverage and glowing complexion in powder form is basically fulfilled by this product. this also kept me oil free the longest out of any foundation, powder, primer, etc. I've tried. it even works applied wet... and the two sided sponge is pretty useful too. my only complaint: the color selection is a tad small. I used natural beige and it turned a little orange. I guess next time I'll go with wheat but otherwise this is good stuff

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by cho_chang

LOVE this. I think I can call this my HG powder foundation.

It gives medium coverage with the provided sponge (which is nice quality; half normal sponge, the other side has a flocked material), can be lighter with a f luffy brush, and has a great finish - not powdery at all! Just extremely natural. Also, I have combo skin, and this doesnt dry out my dry areas too much...doesnt hold back oil much more than the standard powder either.

I am light/medium Asian, and Wheat is a great color for me just a touch too light. No pink or peach at all, just neutral/golden.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 2:13:00 PM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

On my quest to find a wonderful powder foundation, I came across this. I have tried so many others, loose and pressed, and I have found a few I did like. Most of them were either reformulated or discontinued. Figures. Anywho, this is great! I love that it is pressed because it is SO portable and not messy. I just swirl my brush around the pan and then on my face. No fuss. It has never caused me to break out, and has really good coverage. It can get a little cakey on the dry areas, but nothing a little moisturizer won't fix. The pan has broken out of the compact, so I just have it sitting in there. But for $7.50, what do you expect. I'd rather the product is excellent and the package sucks, rather than the other way around. I was pleasantly surprised by the results of the foundation. For reference, I use it in Wheat, which is a bit dark for me. No biggie. I finish my look with a little pressed powder by Body & Soul in Cream, and it helps to lighten it. THANK YOU MUAer gals for the reviews! Without them, I might not have ever stumbled upon this little gem!