August 29, 2014 | 1857 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Colourings Lip Scuff

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2004 3:23:00 PM More reviews by nemesis41

I loved the idea of a lip exfoliator. Unfortunately, I was not impressed in the slightest with the reality. I had high expectation for lipscuff, but it so did not meet them. I found that the creamy base that is meant to hold the exfoliating material pretty much hardened right away, after a few uses, so the stuff was nearly impossible to apply to my lips. I had to use pure physical force to get this stuff to spread on my lips. Because the exfoliating matierial was so harsh, this left me bleeding on several occasions (!)
I actually threw this stuff away. I never throw cosmetics away.

Needless to say, I won't be buying this again. TBS does a honey exfoliating lip balm that is ever so much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2004 2:15:00 PM More reviews by jawa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

There is nothing that this stick can do that a creamy (not soapy) facial exfoliant can't do better. I guess the bonus is that you can carry it around with you, but I don't like the way the cream wears away and you're left with only "scuff". Good idea but overrated.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2004 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Celiacie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nasty. Just plain nasty. I don't know why I once bought this, but it smells and tastes awful, is way too harsh, and if you really want to un-scuff your lips, just put your facial moisturizer on them, and rub with your fingers. Uck, this stuff is just rubbish.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2004 5:46:00 PM More reviews by LilyPitta

This product has it's good bits and bad. I really like the packaging, an exfoliator in a tube. However it does not do it's job for me. I apply it with medium pressure, leave it on for 2 to 5 minutes depending, and then rub my lips in a circular motion and I can feel the dead skin coming off. The texture is nice, a bit rough (the granules are large anough in that you can actually see them) but it leaves a waxy feel. Also be sure to have your lip balm/chapstick ready because it does not moisturise. It's not a balm I know but for some people it's moisturising. Not me, I have dry lips even in the summmer. It does what it's meant to do, exfoliate the lips (though there are other alternatives to this) but do not expect it to moisturise. My lips did not soften from using this product. It actually dries out to the point that the lines in my lips become visible.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2004 4:15:00 PM More reviews by chobit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i like this. the smell wasnt the greatest, but it works. it does get the dead skin off in the wintertime so u can apply other lipbalm on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2004 6:48:00 PM More reviews by annieytown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using lip scuff for years. I live in Ohio so the winters are very harsh here. Chapped lips were a problem before I found the product. The mixture can be harsh and irritating when first used. It is one of those products that you build up a tolerance for. I recommend using a light hand when using the product in the beginning. The exfoliating granules are large and very rough. The mixture is thick(almost waxy) and has a minty scent. Overall it is a good product and really helps improves winter damaged lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2004 5:39:00 AM More reviews by adis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely a keeper !!! My lips too dry, too sensitive and always in ugly chapped condition I never could wear lipstick :( This helps me to exfoliate and get rid off my lips dead skin regularly, to give me at least 1-2 days decent looking lips before they begin to crack again ... I've been using this for the last 4-5 years and I keep coming back to TBS for this one ... The packaging is comfortable enough ..

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2004 11:24:00 AM More reviews by sophie_au

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A nice idea - a lip exfoliator in the shape and packaging of a lipstick.

The execution of that idea is poor.

Even if it exfoliates (which it doesn't do very well), the granules are too harsh, any flakes of skin which are removed adhere to the surface of the lipscuff or your face, the mint/menthol is potentially irritating and it leaves a waxy residue on your skin!

The colour (pastel green) doesn't bother me because it's only meant to be on your lips for a minute or two.

I would not buy this again, even if it was dirt cheap. Give this a miss if you want value for money. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2003 9:24:00 AM More reviews by julieyeo

This stuff is great. I use it to exfoliate my lips regularly. Leaves my lips soft and smooth. It has a minty smell. Not too bad considering the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2003 9:57:00 PM More reviews by shelby1123

Although this lip scruff does its job, I think a toothbrush is just as effective in exfoliating any dead skin off the lips, so I'm not too impressed.