November 24, 2014 | 1771 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Petite Cherie

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 5:10:00 AM More reviews by mysterious_scent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As a perfume lover, I rarely find any scent a scrubber, but this is the one. I detect none of the lovely notes listed. It's complicately,extremely dirty and disturbing on my skin, forever. Sigh...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by bekah54

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I smell pear and musky rose on me, but I've been wearing it at work and people say it smells "clean" and "light Floral."
They don't use synthetic ingredients like other perfumes do.

EDIT: A friend of mine said she had it and it smelled like B.O. on her. After that, it ruined it for me! If you like pear/rose scents - Jo Malone's English Pear & Freesia is way better

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by amaiaisabella

THIS is the clean, slightly soapy floral I have been looking for! I just love this. I feel so clean and pretty wearing it, which is especially nice as this Florida heat is killing me! But I do think it would go nicely in the winter too. This is more of a "you smell lovely" scent than a "what are you wearing?" kind of one. It becomes part of you. Just gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smells just like Benefit's Maybe Baby, which I have loved for many years. Beautiful, clean peachy floral. It's freshly washed hair, but better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by SiennaJane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fabulous,full bodied,lush and fresh! It's like poetry,music,springtime,youth,love and candied pears all in one! Benefit's Maybe Baby perfume smells exactly the same and I have them both,but the bottle for Petite Cherie is timeless.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by bond7girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm French and I've been using this perfume since my teens. While I've explored and loved other perfumes (Mandragore and Les Nuits d'Hadrien) as I've been growing up, La Petite Chérie remains one of my daytime summer staples. It's innocent enough to wear at the office but sweet enough to remain feminine. After the first hit of peaches, it stays for a long time as spicy ripe pears and cut grass on my skin.

As with everything Goutal, don't get EDT but go straight for eau de parfum, it has stamina to last you through most of the day.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ckapp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about petite cherie edp (hence the 3 stars). I received this as gift many years ago from my now husband and he adores the scent.. can't get enough of it. It's very feminine, youthful and fresh. When I spray it on I immediately smell pears, honeysuckle and freshly cut grass. The vanilla notes and musk are more subtle and lend a creamy finish once the scent starts to fade. It's a perfect scent for spring/summer and it comes in the prettiest packaging.

I have two problems with this scent. First- it doesn't last very long at all. Second- the price. It's outrageous for a perfume that has absolutly no longevity. It's really a crying shame. I still keep it around because my husband likes it so much but I do wish I got more bang for the buck.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by millercat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

When I first put this on it hit me with what I thought was a maple syrupy smell and later a kind of dirty smell. I wondered whether I received a bad sample. Then I read Tania Sanchez's description in Perfumes the A-Z Guide where she describes it as having an "aspect that smells harshly of wet dog to many people". It seems that I am one of those people.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 6:31:00 AM More reviews by msm4slm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the Annick Goutals that don't work with my chemistry. I get a very sweet pear (not peach, in spite of the listed note) notes, which turns into a floral citrus accord which has a funny bug spray note on me, I still overall adore Annick Goutal, but this is one that I dislike/does not do well with my chemistry.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by RandomFlopsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This smells exactly like Pantene hairspray. Both on my skin, and when sprayed into the air. It just smells cheap.