October 1, 2014 | 1208 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Powerpoint Eyeliner Pencil in Prussian

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by MMarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive eyes which water easily. This e/l is my HG of eyeliners. It does not smudge even when my eyes are watering and it glides on quite smoothly. Prussian is my staple of colors! This shade helps to brighten my already blue/green eyes. I use my powerpoint almost everyday and the product lasts quite awhile too!! Another plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2007 12:55:00 AM More reviews by marieckim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good eyeliner. It's just not my HG. I thought I would try this pencil eyeliner because I've been using BB gel eyeliners for a while. I was really lemming for the Sapphire Shimmer gel eyeliner, but I thought I would try to be economical. I went to the MAC counter and got this eyeliner instead.

First, the color is a nice, dark true blue. It is very pretty. And it wears pretty well. There is a little bit of smudging, but not bad at all. And to make the blue pop more, I go over the blue eyeliner with Shu Uemura metallic blue eyeshadow (ME Blue 650).

Still... I can't help but think that I still want the BB gel eyeliner in Sapphire. This Prussian blue eyeliner doesn't have as much sparkle. And it doesn't glide like the BB gel eyeliners. And the BB gel eyeliners don't smudge at all. I keep thinking, "Well, sometimes you get what you pay for..."

So I am going to try wearing this eyeliner for Memorial Day weekend vacation. And when I get back (if I have any money left over), I'll probably get the BB gel eyeliner too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2007 9:38:00 AM More reviews by mm2015

I have most of the powerpoints and I reach for Prussian and buried treasure the most. Prussian is less intense than Engraved (which I also have and like). It's a beautiful deep blue/black with very subtle shimmer. Beautiful and like all the powerpoints, it goes on smoothly and stays on forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2007 12:42:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

This Powerpoint pencil is deserving of not just 5 lippies... but 10!!This is THE best eye pencil I own right now, and I have alot. The color is such a beautiful, dark, deep, shimmery, sapphire blue; a color that would compliment most eye colors, IMO. I have hazel eyes, and this pencil makes my eyes look bright green! Stunning!If the color wasn't enough reason to love this pencil, the performance of this pencil bowled me over! This pencil performs more like a gel liner, and it is comparable to a MAC Fluidline- only easier to use. This is the only pencil I own that I can tightline my upper lashlines with, and it does NOT smudge or fade, and it doesn't leech on to my lower lashes' waterline! Woo hoo! :o) That really makes me happy! I have never been so impressed by a waterproof pencil as I have been by this one. Thanks, MAC, for Prussian Powerpoint Pencil! XOXOXOXOXOXO! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2007 11:36:00 AM More reviews by SetDancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first powerpoint liner purchase. Really silky texture with staying power. Color is a beautiful Prussian blue (think the walls of some colonial houses - really), a vivid blue that is not quite cobalt, not quite deep turquoise.

Very pleased with the purchase and will rebuy.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2007 7:22:00 AM More reviews by peaudane

This is my first powerpoint and it will probably be my last. I guess my eyelids are pretty dry and I need a pencil that's really soft and just glides on. I'm a lover of MAC kohls. On me this powerpoint doesn't go on evenly at all. The only way I can make it work is by getting it really sharp before applying, then going over the line with my 266 brush to smooth it out.
At the counter I hesitated between this and Blooz (a kohl). I swatched the two on my hand and while they are both blue-black, Prussian appeared more vibrant. The blue in it shows up more and it's a bit more shimmery than Blooz, so it looks more luminous on. I'd say Prussian is a prettier colour and I'm wearing it today with Flashtrack over it and it's really a beautiful combo.
However I plan to go back for Blooz because I know with kohls I don't need to work so hard to make them work.
I'm giving this three points for the colour. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 7:04:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do love this colour so much. Powerpoints are my HG pencil liners, I will not wear any pencil liners except Powerpoints and Technakohls, they don't tug on delicate eyelids which is very important to me. I'm also surprised that Powerpoints will smudge a lot on some people whereas Technakohls last forever on these same people, perhaps it has something to do with the degree of oiliness on eyelids? Anyways I have just the opposite experience: Powerpoints WILL NOT budge or smudge on me the whole day long whereas Technakohls only have so-so lasting power on me and I usually need to touch up, although only once a day. Prussian is an amazing colour, a deep blue which really darkens brown eyes and flatters them, so gorgeous I usually end up wearing it alone without any eye shadow just because I adore the colour so much and this way I can admire it more. I also got a surprise one day while looking at myself in a mirror outside in the sun, this eyeliner actually had deep purple highlights in the sun! You can't see anything of the sort indoors but in the sun these purple highlights are absolutely stunning. Try looking at it sometime when you're out in the sun.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2006 10:09:00 PM More reviews by jamejame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dark blue eyes, and this eyeliner makes them stand out better than any other shade ever. I always get compliments on my eye color when I wear it. It's a lovely dark grayish-blue. My only complaint is that the liner consistancy is much too creamy and smudgy. It's fairly difficult to apply well if you aren't looking for that smudgy look. I like a much finer line than I'm able to get with this pencil. But the color makes up for a lot of my dissatisfaction with the pencil itself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2006 4:32:00 PM More reviews by wabdon

I'm Filipino with small, brown almond eyes and I decided to try for once, coloured e/l. I stick with the neutrals but this time I tried this deep navy blue with very subtle shimmer. This made mye eyes pop and I like it pairted with my mac golden bronzer and pink lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2006 4:34:00 PM More reviews by PlatinumBlondePunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first powerpoint,and I loved it so much I went out and got two other colors.Prussian is a gorgeous deep blue that I love pairing with Contrast eye shadow for a beautiful dark blue smokey eye : ) These glide on easily,without any tugging and have great saying power.I wear these eyeliners every day,all day and in the evening my eye makeup still looks fresh.Highly recommended.