BeneFit Cosmetics Jiffy Tan [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

on 10/30/2006 1:44:00 AM

I got this as a sample through Sephora and I absolutely love it! It adds color for the day and does not have an odor or rub off on clothes. Too bad it doesn't stay on after a shower or two. It's just a day thing until you wash it off. It's worth buying though.

on 10/13/2006 12:49:00 AM

I really like this. The color is perfect and unlike Flamingo Fancy it doesn't rub off on clothes and I even wore it in water and it stayed on. The glitter is actually really pretty, and I'm not a fan of glittery products. The only criticism I have is the smell (because it is water/alcohol based so it dries faster) it kind of smells like house cleaning stuff. But its not very recognizable.

on 9/9/2006 10:12:00 AM

What can I say...I absolutely LOVE this product. As many of the other reviewers have said, it does contain shimmery glitter but it's not gaudy, I think it's very sexy on me, especially at night. Im very pale (NC-20) and this makes me look like I just got back from the bahamas, its THAT dramatic. It went on alittle orangey at first but then dried to a light golden bronze. This is one of the first products that actually does EXACTLY what it says, I find that most beauty products are hype, especially the ones that make outrageous claims. Not THIS!! Oh, it can be streaky if you don't blend it in while it's still wet, the application takes alittle practice but even when it streaks, all you have to do is add alittle water and blot it off, then reapply. I hope they never stop making this stuff because I intend on stocking up. I've also tried the body bronzer by pout and it's not nearly as good.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this product rocks! it is totally temporary and it adds a burst of color to my already tan skin i love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this a lot. I hate the committment of self-tanners, so this is nice because it washes off with soap and water. I dont want to be "tan" everyday. It doesnt smell yucky like self tanners. Just makes sure you rub it in well otherwise it might be streaky. Its not too orange, it looks natural with one coat. (havent tried 2 coats yet). It has shimmer, but its not noticable. My pale legs like it! It does everything it claims, IMO, which is something since its from Benefit.

on 5/24/2006 9:28:00 AM

First off, i don't consider this to be a self-tanner, but a bronzer. It gives temporary color, as in until you shower it off. I'm fair-skinned with dark hair and the color is nice on me - subtle and then some. The scent is pleasant and fades quickly so it never interferes with whatever fragrance i decide to wear. The product blends very well without streaking as long as you use a little at a time and blend as you go. I've never experienced a problem with it staining my clothes, but i usually wear darker colors so maybe that's why. I love this stuff and will buy again when i run out. I've also used DuWop Revolution in Medium, which is similar to Jiffy Tan, but i think i prefer Jiffy Tan.

on 5/19/2006 12:07:00 AM

I can't believe I fell for all the hype on this product on QVC. It streaked and I tried really hard to blend it but it dries very fast and therefore it streaks. I also had a hard time getting it off my palms, I really had to scrub them. I didn't like the gold glitter in it either. This is going back tomorrow.

on 5/11/2006 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I didnt love this product. Jiffy Tan is not a self tanner. Its a tinted lotion that gives you a tan look without the sun or self tanner. I am an nco30 light olive complexion and use sunless tanner alot. This product is very tinted. I thought it made me look orangey. Not super orange, just slightly though. I didnt find it moisturizing and found it went on streaky and I really had to blend it. I did like the golden shimmer it gave off. It has a citrus scent that fades quickly. I also found this hard to get off my palms, had to soap up twice. I liked this better than NARS body glow but prefer Px body potion or BE body glows. Overall, its not a must have for me. Retails for $24 for 6.7 oz.

This product produces a very natural, subtle glow and NO streaking of staining of clothing. I love it. Also, it smells nice and light, not at all like a self-tanner. I do lament the addition of the sparkles, but fortunately, they are not huge and gaudy. Still wish they weren't included.

on 4/17/2006 10:41:00 PM

Love, love, love this product. I'm already on my 2nd bottle. It gives you a hint of color without the yucky, dreaded self tanners you're stuck with for days at end. The smell is delicious. Again not like the yucky, dreaded self tanners you're stuck with for days at end. The term jiffy "tan" is a a bit deceiving, since this is more of a body bronzer than a tanning product. This explains the "sparkle effect". While it is true they are more noticablle in the sun, I do notice by the end of the day my 2yr olds face does have sparkles at the end of the day. I guess from me holding him and such. Nonetheless I do love this product. Easy to apply and washes off with soap and water.

Popular Bronzers