E.L.F. Total Face Brush

2.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have been using this brush for a long time because I am stubborn and don't know any better, haha.

The brush is scratchy, the bristles shed, and the brush has detached from the stem of the brush itself. This happened within the first three weeks of owning the brush I've probably had it close to a year). I paid a dollar, so I expected a dollar product. I've been eyeballing the Ecotools brushes here on MuA and I may finally go buy one as this brush has seen better days.

I do not use this for blending foundation or BB cream. While it does blend them well, because of how scratchy the bristles are the experience of blending is entirely uncomfortable and requires far too much effort.

I did not want to give up on this brush (for some reason). I now use it to apply bronzer. I put the bronzer on the brush, and in the "3" motion lightly apply it to my face. I say lightly because 1) I don't like to be orange and 2) because the bristles are unpleasant. For that, it works well because I have never applied too much bronzer. There are other brushes out there that do a better job, and I am certainly going to go purchase one of those when I get the chance. However, if you are stuck with this brush, it does work well for that. It is also decent at applying a light blush.

Honestly, if you're desperate, on an incredibly TIGHT budget, and don't have sensitive skin...buy this brush. Otherwise, look towards other brushes, or even other ELF brushes from their new higher quality line (which actually work rather well).

on 9/22/2013 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

this brush is very rough and scratchy to be total face brush. do bont brush it over your face just dont. I just use to to sweep highlighter under my eyes and I have to be very careful to just gently sweep it using the side of the brush.

on 9/2/2013 2:47:00 AM

This brush was a TOTAL waste of a dollar. It was super scratchy and hard. The bristles shed alot and within 2 days if buying this brush the handy broke off. Don't even think about buying ut.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

this product is a little rough but not rough enough for me to complain about I don't use it with any products I just use it to buff out my foundation and make sure it blended

on 8/24/2013 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This sucks, don't wast your dollar! It stinks, sheds, and when I used it I literally felt like someone was scratching my face!

on 7/31/2013 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The price is only $1 but it is horrible! It has a disgusting smell and it wouldn't come out, I already threw mine away. It is also very rough and scratchy on the skin. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE!

on 7/27/2013 12:22:00 AM

Bought this at my local Dollerama. I don't experience the same problems as everyone else about the shedding, odor, and the completely falling apart. But, the handle has started falling apart a bit which lessened my rating but besides that I think it's a pretty good brush. I use it for powder and sometimes blush and I think it works fine. It's only $1 so it's not a big waste if the brush ends up as a total flop for you which is good. Overall I give this brush a 3/5 and a yes to repurchasing!

on 6/14/2013 12:52:00 PM

This brush is so scratchy and sheds like crazy. The handle has almost come off. Not worth it at all. It does apply powder decently though.

on 5/31/2013 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Like glitter845 says, complete waste of a dollar. And I think that if you say you're wasting a dollar, that says a lot.

Extremely scratchy, sheds horribly and it's so loose and wobbily, I don't even know what to use it for. It's too floppy for blush or setting powder or contouring.

on 5/7/2013 4:46:00 PM

I commented when I first got it and said I liked it but the more I use it the more I realize it is really scratchy and hurts my face.