November 27, 2014 | 1237 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior Cherie [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 12:34:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

Ok let me start off by saying this review is not for the 2005 version but for the 2012 version which I love!

First this fragrance is not light at all it's a pretty heavy scent and I can smell it a mile away it's that strong. I would classify this as a chypre floral but more on the green side because I get a really strong patchouli not and love patchouli! On me this fragrance is beautiful the notes are all perfect with each other but on the dry down it does get powdery but not in an old lady way either. Oh and I do have to agree it can smell of Chanel mademoiselle sometimes. Also I forgot to mention this new formulation does not have cupcake,caramel popcorn notes in it so idk where you got that from because the those notes are in the 2005 version which I hate!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Vferent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have always loved this, it is light, girly yet classy and a perfect smell for daytime. It suits any age and really lasts.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by stls

Let me start by saying it has been reformulated in 2011, so the composition is quite different mow. And it's renamed to ''Miss Dior''.

I never really liked the 2005 version. I found the patchouli/cherry/caramel combo unappealing in a way so I avoided sampling the new version until I got a decant.

It starts with a strong blast of candied orange and strawberry marmalade. Not bad at all during cold weather, it's kind of festive, like a yummy smelling firework but it's soon toned down.
Later I can detect the subtle presence of rose in a soapy form...
The drydown remains sweet, soft with more patchouli and oak moss.

Silage is a a very happy medium and longevity is also reasonable. I find the overall composition well crafted, less gourmand and more chypre than the previous. And it's totally different than Coco Mademoiselle which turns overly sour on my skin.

It remains a girly happy carefree perfume but not too candied anymore!
I enjoy my decant but I find the soap unappealing personally so I'm still not convinced to buy an actual bottle...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

"Miss Dior Cherie" perfume has been renamed just "Miss Dior". I love the first name better but at least DIOR kept the beautiful scent.

The first scent that comes to my mind when I smell Miss Dior (Cherie) is apricots. Wait... let me think again maybe strawberries and apricots. But there are no apricots or strawberries that I know of in this. I think it is actually mandarin oranges. Delicate tiny mandarin oranges that are the base for this sensual blend of Egyptian jasmine, maybe Neroli (not sure) and patchouli. Patchouli used to be popular in the 60s. Trust me this is not a 60s scent. This perfume has a nice balance of modern and fruity. I want this for Christmas but it really is a spring scent.

Although I mentioned fruitiness it really is not overpowering. This is not a sexy provocative scent more of a flirty delicate intimate elegant scent with a hint fun. Perfume that makes you feel happy and gives off positive energy. It makes me think of beauty and youth.

Does it last?
No. I found it last about an hour or two. However, this is without layering the scent the way most recommend. If you can carry a small bottle with you in your purse you can always freshen up. But prior to this your scent needs to start in the shower with a gel or soap. Then layer with Dior Miss Cherie moisturizer and of course sprinkle a bit in the air walk through the spritz and viola you're scented. All this might help to retain the scent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't stand this one. It's like a bad combination of an old lady perfume layered with an overpowering sugary vanilla cupcake, topped with burnt caramel popcorn. Every scent I hate, mixed into one. It's just awkward, its not lovely, its not sexy, its nothing good. As if they mixed Chanel with a cheap teenybopper body spray. Probably the worst perfume I'm have tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely fruity scent on me it dried down to be very sweet but in a sophisticated way- however it is very strong and gave me a headache- The packaging is lovey, simple, elegant, clean and someowhat romantic; however the glass bottle is no good to travel with as the lid comes off easily- lovely fragrance great lasting power overall- but too overpowering for me. Great if looking for a sweet fruity/sparkly scent, however can smell alot of alcohol in the product and hence the headache for me and those around me plus it irritated my sensitive skin even when used on my clothes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by makeupjulia1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous packaging, gorgeous deep, sweet, fruity sme! I love it, it smells rich and delightful. Really like it. Can't smell the strawberry or other light fruity notes others have mentioned. Bit grapefruity maybe but quite heady and heavy. Has staying power and multiple layers over time.

Great smell!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Kysyona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am in love. I bought the biggest bottle available in the store once upon a time in Denmark: it was pre-Xmas, and I wanted a fairytale, and here it was, in liquid form, in such a cute bottle and with so much promise! The ultimate Cinderella perfume in my view. Even though I am happily married, when I test it ( again and again ) in local stores it just never fails to uncover some almost childlike anticipations of a heart-skipping romantic encounter in me! Hopefully it is still availabe to me in form of winning a few hearts in a male company and getting that well-known to all of us ladies thrill of a conquest, so that's the purpose of Cherie to me at this point in life: when I want to go out and sparkle - this is the best thing to put on. Very fresh, with a champagne note, strawberries to go with it, and the quintessence of innocent female charm ( if it ever IS innocent! :) ). Will fork out on a bottle of pure perfume as soon as I get a chance and will keep it for black and white galas and similar occasions that imply grandeur and exquisiteness.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by tinka10

Used to be one of my favourite perfumes when I was younger, and it still holds a place in my heart but there are a few things that I don't like about it anymore. I enjoy the scent, but it isn't very long lasting, and I've found that after a few hours it tends to somewhat 'stale' and it smells like I'm wearing baby powder. It's also quite expensive for the amount of product that you get, especially when the scent doesn't last very long.

Probably will repurchase because they're only a handful of perfumes that I actually like (I'm picky) but not for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by chochonui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the sweet scent. I have many other fragrances but I like this one the most.

I use eau de parfum and it lasts all day. So, even though it's a little pricey, I think it's worth it. The packaging is absolutely cute as well!