November 28, 2014 | 1749 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by michalehr

I really like this mascara. It gives me very pretty lashes, without clumping. Lasting power is good too, doesn't last all day but almost.
Edit: I have found that only tubing mascaras last all day on me and am now loving Becca ultimate mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by mmjmbd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

im from canada and its 31 $ , the cosmetician at the drug store recommend me this , well the connection was not so good between us , im like that a lancome , it will work .... but i have long natural lashes , and it does not gave me a volume , only clumps them together , every time i watch this stuff , like i wanna love it , but i dont . and one time i applied for go to school and it was horrible , i had to make my day with this mascara !!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I love Hypnose mascara just not the wp version. All the lovely, "Audrey" like "flutteriness," lashes that fan out, are why I love the original so, and dislike this one as none of those characteristics are to be found in the wp version. I am shocked how very different a product this is on me and would never have spent the money knowing it really is no better and certainly not much different, than any wp mascara you'd find in the ds except that I have found a few ds wp mascaras I like better. Lancome mascara is not the most expensive in the department store, but by no means a cheap thrill, so if you are going to get Hypnose its for the aforementioned loveliness that most if not any, ds mascaras can impart. That said, you want the non wp kind, especially if this is your first go at Hypnose.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by sterol86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used the Hypnose Waterproof Mascara for years and I continue to buy it again and again. I have very small lashes but this mascara helps to create volume for my lashes and does not smudge or run. It stays well on my lashes even through tears. The mascara brush does have a tendancy to clump as the mascara gets older which isn't helpful when I am applying it as it creates a unnatural look on my lashes. Other than this issue it is a good waterproof mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by gricosan

Lancome's mascaras which I tell my friends never use it because it never hold curls and make it super straight and I tried the newest one virtuouse really bad on me,mine is thick long but straight that I really need to use the curler quite a long time,well, I tried a lot of mascaras,american,european and japanese one and I think there are some japanese ones are very good,one is called fairydrops that is only found in japan and hong kong...long,thick and holds curls and rarely smudges...but I loves to try new things,then maybelline great lashes,well,it is kind of natural that only you know your lashes have some mascara on then revlon smudges and smudges and never hold curl too but I tried this one well the bottle is sort of cute not bad at all but it works quite well, it makes mine light and kind of natural on me and separates well,but it definitely not the best for me,it is really natural and I want something dramatic but I will use it for daytime at night it is totally not dramatic at all

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best wp mascara I have ever used, and I've tried MANY! My HG mascara is the Tridimensionale water-resistant from Collistar, but that one is def not water-resistant enough for me, as I sometimes end up with panda eyes. So I started using Great Lash wp from Maybelline, which most certainly is VERY waterproof, but that didn't do anything to my lashes except color them. I nagged the SA at my local drugstore, and she came up with this one, according to her every customer who bought this was very happy with the volume/wp combo. I have to say that although I'm not blown away, it is LOADS better than all my previous wp mascara's. The long thin brush is perfect for me, as I really hate those big, fat brushes which seem to be the fashion these days (mascara ending up all over my eyelids, annoying!!). The reasons for not giving it 5 lippies: too expensive (28,50 in euro's!), and I would've liked a little more volume. My bankmanager will not approve, but will re-purchase :)

EDIT: 3 years down the line, I never buy this, there are far better wp mascaras now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by sonjabra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use Hypnose Onyx Black normally and really love that stuff, but since I'm outside a lot at work, I wanted a waterproof mascara with the same result my Onyx delivers.

Like the regular Hypnose and Onyx, you have to be a bit careful the first few days so you don't have too much mascara on the brush, however, I'm very impressed with the results. Long beautiful dramatic lashes that even survive heavy rain without any damage - no panda-eyes at all! I see no difference with the regular Hypnose or Onyx - beautiful curl, great pigment, and it gives a nice amount of volume and length to me.

However, I always use Cils Booster XL with all 3 of them and follow a strict regimen of using Rapid Lash every night (yeah, I'm a lash-maniac).

Removal is pretty easy with an oil-based eye-make-up remover. You don't need to rub at all, just press a cotton-pad with remover on the lashes gently for a minute to dissolve the mascara and than gently rub it off.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Caa

My Lashes: thin, long.
Buy again? Yes, but only if I can't find a better waterproof mascara.

Pros:
Application works good (after some time) if you are loose on your hand but use rapid strokes without a lot of pressure.
Stays put, in shower too.

Cons:
Smudges on eyelids during application (have to dip eye make-up remover to remove - messes up the rest of the make-up).
Spiderleg-lash warning.
A lot of rubbing to get it off during removal.

Update:
+ Curl holds really well (all day).
+ No flaking
+ Gives a fair amount of volume and lenght but not that fake lash length effect (for this try Collistar's Infinite Mascara - not wp though).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

I normally use waterproof mascara. High end, low end, it doesn't matter as long as it's easy on. Since I tried regular Hypnose and loved it I thought this would work just as well. It's totally waterproof but doesn't go on as nice. It makes my lashes stick together. I don't want to "work" my mascara on. I just want to brush on and go. To it's benefit it wasn't clumpy and it doesn't smear. I think it needs a better brush. The formula is kind of thick and the brush doesn't smooth it out very well. I got good results with Maybelline Falsies WP and will probably go back to that.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by danamarie11740

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this product when I bought it originally. I used a different mascara prior to purchasing this one, which I LOVED, but sadly was too expensive.

This mascara is great, if you don't mind it drying out on you within a couple of weeks. I think that's the only reason that I wouldn't buy it again. For the amount of money it costs, I'm better off sticking with the one I know and love (despite the money). I would probably end up saving money by continuing to use my old mascara instead of repurchasing this mascara every month due to dry out.