December 21, 2014 | 1003 users online

Mascara - Dior - DiorShow Mascara Waterproof

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was really disappointed in this mascara. Let me set the stage: I have short, pale lashes that won't hold a curl. To make matters worse, my eyes water all the time and I challenge any waterproof mascara. (Cute, I know.) After reading all the fantastic reviews of the DiorShow mascaras, I thought that this would be my HG mascara. And the results? Meh. It's only OK. It's neither the worst nor the best mascara I have ever used. For the price point, I feel like it should be a bit more towards the front of the pack. It is decently waterproof and very black. But, it's no better than the voluminous line by L'Oreal, and it's certainly not anywhere in the same stratosphere as my Maybelline Stiletto. I'll use up the tube; I don't hate it. But, I wouldn't repurchase it either.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a horrible mascara! Probably the worsest mascara I´ve ever tried, and I can´t believe how much it costs for making my lashes look so bad.
I have very long but blond lashes. They´re very straight, so I have to curl them and use waterproof mascara to keep them curly. That works with my hq mascaras (lancome mascaras l extreme and hypnose) and with all the cheaper mascaras (maybelline, isadora, loreal) which I´ve used. But not with Diorshow. My lashes become straight within an hour after wearing diorshow, they just never stay curly. My lashes also look quite short with this product.

Usually when mascara gets into my eyes, nothing happens. But when this one got into my eye, it hurts so much!

I used this for a couple of weeks but then I had to throw it away since it made me look very messy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by blu3

I use to swear by this mascara, but after a while I came to the realization...for the price you pay, it should do a lot more. For 1/10th the price, I get a drugstore mascara that pretty much does the same thing. Don't get me wrong, it definitely added some (not a whole lot) of length to my lashes and it did add some volume (again not a whole lot) without too much clumping. However, like most mascaras I have tried, it wouldn't hold a curl and it did start to smudge on me. For me, this mascara is just okay. It's definitely not terrible, but also nothing I feel is worth it's price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by PhiaLove627

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this mascara. It's perfection. I use the shade chesnut because I am redhead (natural auburn) with strawberry blonde eyelashes and black mascara looks so fake on me. I have extremely long eyelashes that are naturally curled, and there's a lot of them (Thank you Mom and Dad!). I'm really not trying to brag, but it's true. The thing is, they are as fair as can be (much like the rest of me ) This mascara adds a gorgeous, natural deep brown to your lashes and makes it look like you've been blessed with a long, thick, fringe across your eyes. It does okay in the water-proof department, but won't survive several hours in the pool (no makeup does). The ONLY reason I won't buy it again is because it's 25freakindollars. I know it's dior, but I'm cheap and I bought it on sale. So no, I won't repurchase you, my lovely dior, unless you go on sale again. If you don't mind cashing out $25 for a product that will last you four months, go ahead and buy this (I still have mine after two years, but only because I like the packaging, I do NOT use it) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by gemerlin3

I have tried many different mascaras with different wands and they all seem to clump my lashes together and smear underneath my eyes. But when I finally decided to use this mascara, it went on so wonderfully and my lashes immediately looked like it doubled in size and volume! I love this mascara and will buy it again when the bottle empties.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by nenglehardt

This has been the best mascara I have ever used. Gives great volume, length, and curl. Can be a pain to wash off because it is waterproof, but nothing a little eye makeup remover can't fix! I hate how expensive it is so I only buy it when I feel like splurging on new makeup. But if you've got the cash and want the best then this is it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by incrediblehayat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually wanted to buy Diorshow Iconic. But since it was very expensive in Turkey I ordered it from a friend from duty free. But she got this one as a mistake.
I was very dissapointed when I opened the box of course, but this mascara turned out to be the best volumizing mascara ever!!

It's waterproof so I didn't experienced any smudging or clumping.
I finished my first tube and I would repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Jennifer316

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to agree with Suzio123. It really smudged under my eyes. It's disappointing because I really love the brush. It always comes out clean, and goes on well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Naturalbeautee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this mascara because I needed a really good mascara to wear while I'm at the firehouse (I'm a firefighter, and yes I wear mascara while doing it). I've tried all these other mascaras including Mac's Splashproof and it's not that they weren't good mascaras but I needed something that would lengthen as well as look natural and stay waterproof. This is great!!!! I tested it out yesterday, I ran 3 fires and 3 car accidents and through all the sweat, and water this lasted!!! It didn't even chip or run into my eyes at all!! No stinging or burning. And I wore it from noon till 2am when I went home and took it off. I love this stuff!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by suzieo123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has to be the worst "waterproof" mascara I've tried! The regular DiorShow mascara didn't run as much as the waterproof version did! I put it on to get through a yoga class - not Bikrum, just a regular 60 minute easy breezy yoga class - when I got out, this stuff was smeared all under my eyes - I went back to the regular Diorshow mascara after that - it held up quite nicely.