Bumble & Bumble Styling Creme

3.8

on 11/8/2010 6:05:00 PM

I love this styling cream, for me it works better at styling my hair than any other mousse/gel/spray. I apply it on damp hair with a silicon serum, and then I blow dry with a round brush. I have thick, slightly wavy, shoulder length hair and using this product controls my volume. The blow out usually lasts at least a day.

When used with a blow dryer it passes the "can my boyfriend run his fingers through my hair" test.

I also use it on damp hair that I style in low bun, and let it air dry, and it makes a very sleek look.

on 8/24/2010 2:44:00 PM

The smell is fantastic, but as a styling product, I think this is best saved for people with shorter, thinner hair than mine.

on 3/21/2010 9:16:00 PM

ABOUT ME: Long, straight, healthy, virgin, medium thickness and normal amount, oily roots and dry-ish ends.

PACKAGING: Utilitarian plastic bottle with a shampoo-style cap. No complaints from me.

TEXTURE: Slightly sticky white cream. Texture improves if you take a small amount and warm it up between your hands.

SCENT: Nothing strong. There's a slight vegetable kind of fragrance if I hold some right up to my nose.

HOW: I only use Styling Creme if I'm planning on blowdrying my hair. After I apply heat protectant (Kerastase Ciment Thermique) to wet hair, I mix a bit of the Styling Cream with an equal dab of B&B's Brilliantine and distribute evenly, concentrating most of it on the length and running the last bit through my roots. Then I blowdry.

RESULTS: Usually when I blowdry, my hair is more volumized but also ends up looking very poofy and straight and I lose the definition of my layers. I love Brilliantine because it enhances the slight wave in my hair and softly defines my layers without stiffness, grease, build-up or dulling shine. The only problem is that it doesn't add body or volume. But when I mix it with Styling Cream, I get more fullness without sacrificing texture or shine. And Styling Cream doesn't make my hair feel stiff and crunchy like mousses and other body-building products can.

PRICE: $30 for 8 oz. or about $14 for 4 oz.

REPURCHASE?: Definitely. I only use a small dab each time. Even with daily use, I bet it would take me over a year to finish the bottle. The initial investment may seem steep, but if it works for you, it's worth it. If you're interested, I'd advise you to try a 2 oz. sample bottle first to see whether it's compatible with your hair.

on 3/2/2010 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I currently use this as a pre-styling treatment. I rub a nickel sized dollop throughout my hair and either air dry or blow dry. I have a very texturized pixie haircut, and this product helps to really add some grip to my straight hair as well as keep it from frizzing. I feel it protects my hair from getting fried by the blow dryer, and minimizes my need to put a lot of styling paste or wax in to finish. I imagine it will work on all lengths of hair because it doesn't feel heavy or greasy, doesn't leave any kind of residue/flaking, and it doesn't dry crispy like a hair gel would. It's a very unique product. I'll even use it on dry hair to tame any cowlicks that are sticking up.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I stumbled upon this product somewhat by accident while I was looking for something to tame the little tiny frizzies at my hairline. I found this product, and I will never go back! I apply to damp hair and comb it through, blow-dry, and spray! I get body, hold, and very good frizz taming! I only use about a nickel sized amount for my thick, shoulder length hair, though; if I put too much it can make my hair gummy-feeling and greasy-looking at the crown. It also helps me get an additional day out of my hair. Good stuff.

on 1/22/2010 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this creme on a whim - desperate for something that would thicken my very fine hair up a bit and give it more control. It does both these things. My hair is much more manageable and has more body even when I don't blow dry it. It doesn't make my hair stick or greasy.

The only downside is that it doesn't tame the frizziness of my hair.

on 1/20/2010 2:30:00 AM

i think the trick to styling creme is knowing how to use it - its extremely versatile. i'm a guy that has very thick/coarse hair, and i use it in different ways. sometimes i use 3 or 4 dime sized blobs to slick back my hair (while my hair is damp) so i can get a vintage pompadour look. if i want something more natural like just letting my bangs swoop across my forehead and have a little bit of natural looking movement i'll only use a dime sized amount for my entire head. the IMPORTANT thing to know is it has hold like a mousse - meaning it will dry semi hard if left to air dry. if i want a more natural look, i will break it up with my fingers after its dry and it keeps the original shape but its looser and more natural looking. ---------- FOR LADIES i put equal parts water and styling creme in a spray bottle and apply it to damp hair before i blow dry then straighten or blow dry then curl with an iron. on curly/afro textures i put this stuff in its full strength directly onto the hair before to air dry if they want more definition in their curls. ----------- if you have thinner to normal textured hair (male or female) use this on dry hair to create definitions at the end of a textured cut or just to tame frizzies. the IMPORTANT thing to know is this stuff has a semi hard hold - meaning if you put it in damp hair it will dry somewhat solid - it can be brushed or broken up but it has awesome memory so it will keep the general shape it dried into, it'll just be more voluminous and softer.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

A+++++++ product! This styling creme works wonders on my super long hair! I put a very small dime size amount thru my hair and after blow drying my hair is stick straight! I love this product and i will continue to use and buy it probably for ever. I'm sure i will experiment with other products but i will always return to this HG product! Like all Bumble and Bumble products this stuff smells lovely.

on 12/7/2009 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this in an adorable travel set along with the creme de coco shampoo, conditioner and styling cream. However, all the products fell short and needless to say I returned it. This had to be the worst out of the entire set. I used it exactly as directed, and yet my hair medium bra strap length hair ended up a sticky, tangled, dull mess. Ick! However, it did make my hair lay nice once I did manage to get my hair all de-tangled..but that's about it. Totally a crap product. Horrible horrible horrible.

on 11/2/2009 4:17:00 PM

This product is just okay. For me, this worked good on the day after I washed my hair. But, for everyday styling it was just too heavy and didn't really provide any hold or style. I have very layered, thick medium length hair and it basically just weighed it down. However, I loved the smell of this product and it did provide calmness for any frizzy fly-aways I had. But, for the price, it was way too expensive to purchase this again.

Popular Styling Products