April 21, 2014 | 1220 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Styling Creme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I currently use this as a pre-styling treatment. I rub a nickel sized dollop throughout my hair and either air dry or blow dry. I have a very texturized pixie haircut, and this product helps to really add some grip to my straight hair as well as keep it from frizzing. I feel it protects my hair from getting fried by the blow dryer, and minimizes my need to put a lot of styling paste or wax in to finish. I imagine it will work on all lengths of hair because it doesn't feel heavy or greasy, doesn't leave any kind of residue/flaking, and it doesn't dry crispy like a hair gel would. It's a very unique product. I'll even use it on dry hair to tame any cowlicks that are sticking up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by margaretshelton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I stumbled upon this product somewhat by accident while I was looking for something to tame the little tiny frizzies at my hairline. I found this product, and I will never go back! I apply to damp hair and comb it through, blow-dry, and spray! I get body, hold, and very good frizz taming! I only use about a nickel sized amount for my thick, shoulder length hair, though; if I put too much it can make my hair gummy-feeling and greasy-looking at the crown. It also helps me get an additional day out of my hair. Good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by antheasarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this creme on a whim - desperate for something that would thicken my very fine hair up a bit and give it more control. It does both these things. My hair is much more manageable and has more body even when I don't blow dry it. It doesn't make my hair stick or greasy.

The only downside is that it doesn't tame the frizziness of my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by sbbbjm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i think the trick to styling creme is knowing how to use it - its extremely versatile. i'm a guy that has very thick/coarse hair, and i use it in different ways. sometimes i use 3 or 4 dime sized blobs to slick back my hair (while my hair is damp) so i can get a vintage pompadour look. if i want something more natural like just letting my bangs swoop across my forehead and have a little bit of natural looking movement i'll only use a dime sized amount for my entire head. the IMPORTANT thing to know is it has hold like a mousse - meaning it will dry semi hard if left to air dry. if i want a more natural look, i will break it up with my fingers after its dry and it keeps the original shape but its looser and more natural looking. ---------- FOR LADIES i put equal parts water and styling creme in a spray bottle and apply it to damp hair before i blow dry then straighten or blow dry then curl with an iron. on curly/afro textures i put this stuff in its full strength directly onto the hair before to air dry if they want more definition in their curls. ----------- if you have thinner to normal textured hair (male or female) use this on dry hair to create definitions at the end of a textured cut or just to tame frizzies. the IMPORTANT thing to know is this stuff has a semi hard hold - meaning if you put it in damp hair it will dry somewhat solid - it can be brushed or broken up but it has awesome memory so it will keep the general shape it dried into, it'll just be more voluminous and softer.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 2:53:00 AM More reviews by KatieLuvsLife1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

A+++++++ product! This styling creme works wonders on my super long hair! I put a very small dime size amount thru my hair and after blow drying my hair is stick straight! I love this product and i will continue to use and buy it probably for ever. I'm sure i will experiment with other products but i will always return to this HG product! Like all Bumble and Bumble products this stuff smells lovely.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

I got this in an adorable travel set along with the creme de coco shampoo, conditioner and styling cream. However, all the products fell short and needless to say I returned it. This had to be the worst out of the entire set. I used it exactly as directed, and yet my hair medium bra strap length hair ended up a sticky, tangled, dull mess. Ick! However, it did make my hair lay nice once I did manage to get my hair all de-tangled..but that's about it. Totally a crap product. Horrible horrible horrible.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by murphy817

This product is just okay. For me, this worked good on the day after I washed my hair. But, for everyday styling it was just too heavy and didn't really provide any hold or style. I have very layered, thick medium length hair and it basically just weighed it down. However, I loved the smell of this product and it did provide calmness for any frizzy fly-aways I had. But, for the price, it was way too expensive to purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by strandedinpolska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Unfortunately I have not had good luck with Bumble & Bumble so far. This product has wonderful reviews but it just does not do anything for my baby-fine hair. Though my hair is fine in texture as well as in abundance, its very dry. And to add, though my hair is very fine, it fortunately provides itself with some of its own volume so I do not have problems limpness like other fine-haired ladies. I tried this is and the styling lotion (see my review for the styling lotion). When I added this to my hair when towel-dried, I liked it so far, it seemed a bit hydrating and made my hair shiny. But when I blow it dry, my hair was frizzy and looked dull and by the end of the day very limp.
For the price and the fact this just didn't work for me, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

I love this super expensive hair product. It is irreplaceable to me though. I've got baby fine hair with a wave and just a bit of this before I blow dry adds thickness and a bit off kick to my ends. This in combo with Defrizz serum from this line is my magical mix for good hair. I feel really confident that my hair looks it's best with this stuff and I will always buy this. I recommend this to anyone who uses heat on their hair or even people who dont that just want a bit of texture without having to do anything. This thickens hair and gives it a bit of volume at the roots. It adds body to your hair while giving it a bit of hold. Love it!!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the hold this product gives. It helps to put this at the crown of my hair before I blow dry to give it volume and actually stays throughout the day. If I don't wash my hair the next day I just have to use my hands to give it lift and it stays! I wish I had known about this product sooner! It's pricey but worth it. A little goes a long way.