November 27, 2014 | 1418 users online

Concealers - Christian Dior - Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen-002 Candlelight

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It does brighten in that greasy looking way for a couple minutes. It disappears after that. Worn alone it lightens undereye circles very slightly. As a highlighter on cheekbones there is no effect. I tried layering this over more matte concealers such as Fresh Umbrian Clay, MAC Select, MUFE Full Cover, and Lancome Effacernes. The oils in this product only dissolved the concealer underneath. Same results over foundation. Another useless highend product.

EDIT: If you think this is decent, give the L'Oreal pen highlighter a shot. It lasts longer (at least a couple hours min.), you get more, covers better, and it does a better job of highlighting over concealer. If you're looking for something that performs like YSL Touche Eclat, Rimmel's pen highlighter has more coverage and the same subtle sheen.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by ultradee

Desperately needing a highlighter, and seeking something a little less expensive than YSL, I purchased this. It was awesome. I used it when needed over my MAC Studio Finish Concealer. Having purple toned under eye circles that are worse when I haven't slept - this product really helped!
One time at work I cried all my makeup off in front of a friend, who then saw my horrid undereyes. When calmed down I reapplied some concealer and dabbed Skinflash over it. Later on the same friend said "Wow you have some really good eyemakeup!" Kind of embarrassing, but a testament to the Skinflash.
I am going to try YSL before buying this again, but if I am not floored by YSL I will stick with this.
It lasted about three months. Way to little for the price if you use daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 5:02:00 AM More reviews by scarlet000

great!!!lightwearing and with regular concealing power.i don't have a problem with dark undereye circles and i think this is not made for them. this makes my eyes look more opened and well rested!i love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 5:15:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

I bought this for undereye concealing and I really like it. The wand with brush works well, and the color (002) is perfect for me (NW15-20)- it's light but not yellowish. It masks my undereye circles in a very natural way, and doesn't cake or make my undereye skin look dry. You also are supposed to be able to use this to highlight, but I have not tried it as that. The only complaint I have is that I wish it was a bit more pigmented - seems like you have to use a lot to cover. I love to wear this over Dior's eye cream (HydrAction Visible Defense).
Update - bumped this up to a 5 - doessn't crease like some undereye concealers do, and looks very natural - love it....has become a can't live without it daily product for me

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2009 8:06:00 AM More reviews by dustdream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is way expensive and the product you get for the price is too little, but I would repurchase because it really lightens up the eye area and makes me look more radiant, which is important on those sleep-deprived mornings! It's also creamy and quite moisturizing on my dry eye area. Very classy, silver packaging that comes complete with a velvet cover too, which is a plus :) Definitely doesn't provide enough coverage to be used as a concealer though, but it's fine with me because I don't have heavy shadows around my eyes anyway. I haven't used the YSL Touche Eclat myself but I think this is a good dupe!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by ashdolan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would agree with other reviewers that said this is not pigmented enough for use as a concealer. I use Bobbi Brown concealer and still dab a bit of this in the inside corner of my eyes and underneath, more as a highlighter (or illuminator as someone else said). I also use it on some days to counteract redness around my nose. Although it's not a perfect product, I still like it and would purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 4:14:00 AM More reviews by myvanitydesk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a multi-purpose booster pen. Depending on your skin color, you can use this as a concealer or highlighter. Since the color is paler than my skin, I use it mainly as a highlighter. I use it under my eye, on my brow bones, on the side of my nose bridge (eh, there is a word for it but I forgot =P) and the corners of my mouth. Basically anywhere that appears to be dark and uneven. I love this pen for what it does to my dark circles! Whenever I don't get enough sleep, I am doomed to get dark circles the next day, this highlighter can instantly covers up the black patches under my eyes and brightens up my eye area. It is also long lasting and stays on for pretty much the entire day. The texture is very cream, but goes on easily and gets absorbed fairly fast. Now, the packaging. The pen is slim and very cute. Easy to carry and good for travelling. You take the of the cap off at one end where the brush is, and then you twist the other end to release the cream onto the brush, now here is the annoying part. Since the texture is creamy, it never gets released on the brush smoothly. It always comes out in one ball of cream and I have to spread it out on my hand before applying. It is a bit tricky, but I can live with it.
I never realized the importance of highlighers until I started using it. It can literally transform a dull face to a radiant and healthy look. It makes you look more awake, which is o so important for the sleep deprived. =)
After seeing what miracle it does to my dark circles, I don't think I can live without it. I highly recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by MyOhAmya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this long ago and still can't believe all the money I spent on this product. I didn't notice any difference in my undereye circles. I seemed to go through the concealer very quicky as well, making me wonder just how much product was in the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by MsX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I looove this highlighter. I bought it after I had my make up done by a Dior MA and my skin looked incredibly luminous, probably the best its ever looked. He used the pen all over, but I just use it to cover my under eye circles. The skin under my eyes tends to dry out and flake after I put on concealer, but not when I use this pen. I also love that its liquid instead of cream so it never feels heavy, just naturally luminous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Gabriel679

What a miracle - I have a 14 month old and am up a lot during the night, at least lately, and this makes me look rested and fresh, regardless of the amount of sleep I've had. I really can't say enough good things about it -

Of course, I hate the price, but I bought mine almost 2 years ago and it's still going strong, so I guess I can't complain too much. It also covers both dark circles and redness easily and with a small amount of product.

Thank you, Dior!