October 21, 2014 | 1033 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Intense i-Color Trio for Blues

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually like this. The Bring Out the Blue set is fantastic but I hate the Play Up the Blue one. The brown shadow in Bring Out the Blue is a really nice color. However, if you apply the two shades of blue shadow the way the package suggests, it looks dated. Instead I put the brown on my lid, the navy in the crease, and the light blue on the inner corner of my eye to brighten it up. I use a separate highlighter for my brow bone. Overall, I would suggest getting this if you have blue eyes because it does make them pop.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2007 6:55:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loved the formula, smooth and velvety and somewhat crease resistant, but the colours.....ugh, I thought this was the worst possible colour combination for blue eyes. Don't the MA's all say that blue-eyed people shouldn't wear blue shadow, because it's just too much blue?? Very dated, I think.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2007 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Ello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not so impressed by these colors. I have blue eyes, and they just don't seem to make them POP as the marketing ploy suggests. I am a fan of the other trio shadows, Even if they arent for my specific eye color :O)--- I love all the other colors, and I think that all the colors go with my blue eyes well, EXCEPT for the colors in the Blue Eye Trio, Ironic!? BUT im not all that dissappointed because I love trying new makeup, and I caught it on sale. Im sure I can pair them up with the right look eventully.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2007 11:53:00 PM More reviews by SanjaV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually have green eyes but I already have the shadows for green eyes and i really love these colors. What I like is that these shadows are not overly shimmery (like maybelline) and not to dull and dead-looking, they have just the right amount of sparkle. Also they are on the sheer side which I think is better. They work for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Two shades of blue light medium grayish blue and medium dark true blue and a medium chocolate brown with a slight subtle golden undertone and all colors have a subtle shimmer, but no glitter. Nice stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Olokun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The make up was really smudge-prone and very dated/1980s-looking

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2007 12:32:00 AM More reviews by easees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this shadow. My eyes are blue- no browns or greens, but they can look really flat gray at times. This shadow really makes them pop. I use the bronze color, dabbing it on with my middle finger, and tap on the light color under my brow with my pinkie. I've used the dark blue in the crease but only going out at night or something. As for staying power, my makeup seems to fall off after about ten minutes, but this is ALWAYS on at the end of the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2007 11:29:00 AM More reviews by steph1304

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very excited about trying out this trio but I rarely ever reach for it. The brown is really not that bad but it is difficult to apply evenly. I tried the blues one time and I looked ridiculous! And I know other reviewers mentioned that maybe the blues didn't work because of their eye color. But I have very blue eyes...they just don't work.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2007 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I did not like this at all. The blues looked horrible on me and I could not get it to look good at all.... I felt like Vada Sultenfuss in "My Girl" after Jamie Lee Curtis does her makeup. Maybe it is the shade of blue I have, like another reviewer said below - mine are borderline green with some gold flecks, and change depending on what I am wearing. Maybe for the real blue-eyed or brown eyed girls this would look good... but I hated it! It does seem like a good shadow though, just the shade was awful.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2007 4:14:00 AM More reviews by asiabodasia

I was really excited about this set at first, but now I realize that I only use one or two colors at a time. It's fun to experiment with once in awhile, three colors can actually be quite versatile! I'm not sure it really "brings out the blue," but it's still fun. I think my favorite thing about it is that it stays on and looks good all day!