Avene Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Make-Up Remover

3.7

AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). PENTYLENE GLYCOL. POLOXAMER 188. BISABOLOL. CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE. DISODIUM EDTA. FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). PEG/PPG-14/4 DIMETHICONE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. PROPYLENE GLYCOL. SODIUM CHLORIDE

Sorry but this is my first miss with Avène. Didn't like the odor, felt weird on my skin. It actually left an oily film & didn't clean as well as others I've tried.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Okay, so I have been "Dating" Dermalogica for sometime. I'll talk about that in my Clean Bar review. I'm here to talk about Avene Micellar.
Due to environmental and poor choices, my skin became, dry, over-reactive and gross. I looked older and lackluster. I pointed the finger & put the offender under the bathroom sink...for now. I took out from same holding cell, Avene Micellar Lotion. When I'd bought it in the Summer Season it was on sale hardcore so I bought 2 big bottles. I found it rather underwhelming and put it away. It's used as makeup remover as well, but, I don't wear alot of MU so that's not so important. I needed something gentle, simple, FAST!
I used as directed last night.
This morning, Im like a Brand New B!%CH :D
I think I will keep using this until I hit a wall. If I don't I have a wiener.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was hoping this would be a magic cure-all based on many positive reviews I've read (here and elsewhere), but the jury's still out on this one. I'm a few weeks into my first bottle with no visible improvement yet.

I have mildly oily skin prone to clogged pores and tiny pimples, and my skin just never felt *clean* when I used this as a no-rinse cleanser. Like I was just putting more junk on my face. Of course, I could always follow it up with a second cleanser, but then why bother with the product at all?

In terms of makeup removal, I found that it did a decent job with my wash-off mascara and concealer, but when I follow up with a cider vinegar toner I end up catching more dirt/ makeup.

Still, I know you're supposed to give your skin time to adjust, so maybe I'll try rinsing after I use it and see what happens.

to be continued...

I find this product to be a very good one step cleanser. I agree with the other user who said that she uses it to follow her other cleaning step; once in a while, I use a cleansing bar or something of a deeper cleanser followed by Micellar. But most of the time, I just stick with this and then a spritz of Avene mineral water, and I find it good and not drying. I am prone to break outs even though my skin is a bit on the dry side, and I have found that this stuff works well.

I have a very sensitive skin, especially during winter because my skin ABSOLUTLY hates cold and sudden changes of temperature.
My dermatologist prescribed this to me as a face cleaner, not only make up reamove, just a face cleaner to use instead of my usual soapy one. Works great ! The smell is subtle, it's soothing and cleans really well :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I don't use this as a makeup remover, per se. I wash my face first with Phisoderm which removes most of my makeup, then I follow with the micellar lotion to pick up anything that my cleanser might have missed. Although it says "no rinse", I just splash my face with water just in case, wipe dry and spray a very fine mist of Avene thermal water. Finally, I apply the Avene cicalfate. I have a nice glow and my complexion is much more even. My skin feels really soft and clean after the micellar lotion. The fragrance doesn't bother me and it doesn't seem to irritate my acne. And since I don't actually use it as my main makeup remover, I don't need a lot of it so the bottle will last a while.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My face turn red with this product (perfum), you shouldn't buy it if you have sensitive skin. I bought this micellar lotion because i wanted for soft cleanser and i had good experience with avene cleansers.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product does a great job of removing makeup and cleaning the skin. However, it is not for sensitive skin. My face had a reaction and started burning and turning red after I used it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Pros:
Price
Effective
Scent

Cons:
Slight tackiness

Conclusion:
This is an excellent product, it served its purpose very well. I used on the nights when I didn't want to wash up as a no-rinse alternative, and I also used it as a toner. It has that standard Avene scent, and it did not sting my eyes at all. I've tried a few Micellar waters (which I've ranked in the alternatives), and this is a great option but there are better so I probably will not buy it again unless its on special. I think I might try the Bioderma or Lancome next...

Alternatives:
Of all the micellar waters I've tried this is how I would rank them, including this one:
1. Darphin Azahar/Nuxe 3-Rose - the BEST ones! Great scents, thorough, and the least tacky (Darphin has an edge in terms of the scent and Nuxe has the edge on price)
2. Avene Micellar - very good, but not as good as the other two
3. Caudalie Cleansing Water - love the scent, but it's super sticky

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very soothing to irritated skin.A must have for skin iiirtations that cant stand alot of chemicals on your face.Plus you leave it on and it continues to add moisture to your face.Edit: Had to return this,the scent bothered my skin too much,Why cant it be fragrant free??