April 24, 2014 | 1854 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Make-Up Remover

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very soothing to irritated skin.A must have for skin iiirtations that cant stand alot of chemicals on your face.Plus you leave it on and it continues to add moisture to your face.Edit: Had to return this,the scent bothered my skin too much,Why cant it be fragrant free??

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by missjessica87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

FYI: DO NOT use this product if you have super sensitive skin. It has fragrance and drying agents in it that are not suitable for your skin type. I learned this the hard way. Actually, it was after using this product that got me to see a dermatologist and learned how to read product labels more carefully. Any acids, alcohols, preservatives, lanolin, fragrances, and/or peroxides are REALLY BAD for people with reactive skin because they cause irrtation. Natural and mineral products are the best because most of their ingredients are pure and do not irrtate skin. Hope ths helps!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by dreamlandlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product, I think it comes in handy, when you don't feel like using water to wash your face. All you have to do, is use a cotton pad and swipe the product over your face. It doesn't irritate your skin ( unless you're rubbing your face too much - which you shouldn't be doing anyway for sensitive skin). It might not be the best makeup remover, but it removes my mineral foundation, and powder - I don't use it for eyes just because I'd rather save it just for my face. It doesn't make your face red after using it, but I still moisturize, which I suggest people do if they have dry/sensitive skin( these skin types should never skip moisturizing, despite the fact that you're using a hydrating cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by MissJacqui85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hmmmmmm.... I have one problem with this product-which is why I probably won't buy this again..... but first I will tell you what I like about it.

I wear mineral makeup as my foundation, 2 different blushers, medium contouring with eyeshadows, and dramatic lining of my eyes with black eyeshadow. My mascara is dramatic- not natural and not heavy, with a primer underneath to thicken. This lotion is amazing at removing my makeup- incredible. It's gentle and my eyes are quite sensitive- they do not sting at all with this, or redden after. It feels very soothing. The only gripe I have with this product is it feels as though it has oil in it- it doesn't dry your skin, if anything it feels like it leaves a film on your skin. This is not my problem with it- the problem is in the morning, after showering-the film is still around my eye and makes applying eye shadow to my waterline IMPOSSIBLE! It slides away- my black eyeshadow turns pale grey and won't adhere- it's like it pushes it back onto my brush.

Drove me wild 4 days in a row til I figured out which product to point my finger at through trial and error. ( I have many:) I have been to scared to try it since as it annoyed me so much- but will try using my new HG makeup remover after it (just a quick swipe with something gentle that will remove the residue from this MIcellar lotion without drying my eyes) But it feels like it will be adding an unnecessary step and product that I don't need. Disappointed about this side effect as I loved how it felt and how easy it was removing my makeup. I now use L'Occitane Fresh Face Water to remove my makeup- it is just even more gentle and soothing- even more effective.... and it doesn't affect applying my eye makeup after! I don't need to use anything after this.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2009 9:19:00 AM More reviews by genie_11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pro :
not even one for my skin & makeup routine.
Cons: 1.doesn’t remove eye makeup ( although they tell you it will ).
2: doesn t remove face makeup ( foundation, blush ) unless I use a lot of it. And that makes it expensive, time consuming , boring and, in the end annoying. Even if they say it is gentle & non irritating, the fact that I had to go over and over again with the cotton pads over my face, made it much more irritating than other products.
3 why do they add fragrance in products made for sensitive skin?
4.of course it does not hydrate the skin….lol ….Any product that strips down the normal oil of the skin, cant hydrate in ages….
5 already mentioned that for me is not calming the skin, but irritating it.
Definetly not for sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by louy

I convinced myself to get this after the sales women talked it up like it could cure cancer. At first I was not convinced that it was removing all of my sunscreen, but I persevered and now I really like this product. For the first time I do not need to apply a moisturizer after washing my face, my skin is never tight and I believe it looks better. I went back to my other cleanser and definitely noticed a difference; skin was drier and felt tight. I'm surprised by this, too bad it's so expensive. I just realized that this is a great cleanser when your camping or even traveling as you don't need water; just put some on a pad and clean away.

Note:if you feel it's not removing enough just spray/splash your face with water and then use it. It helps prep the face for removal of makeup and/or sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 7:14:00 AM More reviews by miss_lolo

I really like this. My face feels clean and refreshed without any oily residue. It doesn't irritate my temperamental skin. A little pricey, although probably no more than buying a cleanser and toner separately. Gets rid of all my make up and freshens my face when I need a pick me up. I'm keen to try Avene's Thermal Water after using this. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by noisykit

I have very sensitive skin and my dermatologist recommended me to try this product out. I've been using it for the third week now and I really like it. Unlike most of the makeup remover/cleanser I've tried, my skin doesn't feel the dryness and tightness after using this product. It removes my makeup completely. I do rinse off everytime after I cleanse my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by star_blueanise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is quite the gentle makeup remover, I don't use alot of makeup, so it's enough for me to remove the makeup I do wear on my face. I like this alot because its definitely very gentle, and doesn't leave your skin feeling tight at all afterwards. It's very moisturzing too and I feel that as it removes my makeup, it adds a bit of moisture back into the skin. I dab a bit onto a cotton pad and work around my face. If you are wearing heavier eyemakeup, mascara and eyeliner, this isn't so effective, you do need an oilbased remover for that type of makeup, but for the regular face makeup? This remover is great.

The price was about 26 CDN, I have sensitive skin so Avene products are quite gentle and effective, I would repurchase this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I like this cleanser a lot.
It is very gentle and simple.
I am one of those people not liking heavy and oily stuff on their face.
After applying this cleanser I really feel clean - and I don't need to wash my face afterwards...
I am definitely going to repurchase.