Avene Micellar Lotion Cleanser and Make-Up Remover

3.7

AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). PENTYLENE GLYCOL. POLOXAMER 188. BISABOLOL. CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE. DISODIUM EDTA. FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). PEG/PPG-14/4 DIMETHICONE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. PROPYLENE GLYCOL. SODIUM CHLORIDE

I find this product to be a very good one step cleanser. I agree with the other user who said that she uses it to follow her other cleaning step; once in a while, I use a cleansing bar or something of a deeper cleanser followed by Micellar. But most of the time, I just stick with this and then a spritz of Avene mineral water, and I find it good and not drying. I am prone to break outs even though my skin is a bit on the dry side, and I have found that this stuff works well.

on 4/17/2011 10:52:00 AM

I have a very sensitive skin, especially during winter because my skin ABSOLUTLY hates cold and sudden changes of temperature.
My dermatologist prescribed this to me as a face cleaner, not only make up reamove, just a face cleaner to use instead of my usual soapy one. Works great ! The smell is subtle, it's soothing and cleans really well :)

on 3/24/2011 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I don't use this as a makeup remover, per se. I wash my face first with Phisoderm which removes most of my makeup, then I follow with the micellar lotion to pick up anything that my cleanser might have missed. Although it says "no rinse", I just splash my face with water just in case, wipe dry and spray a very fine mist of Avene thermal water. Finally, I apply the Avene cicalfate. I have a nice glow and my complexion is much more even. My skin feels really soft and clean after the micellar lotion. The fragrance doesn't bother me and it doesn't seem to irritate my acne. And since I don't actually use it as my main makeup remover, I don't need a lot of it so the bottle will last a while.

on 8/19/2010 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My face turn red with this product (perfum), you shouldn't buy it if you have sensitive skin. I bought this micellar lotion because i wanted for soft cleanser and i had good experience with avene cleansers.

on 4/16/2010 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product does a great job of removing makeup and cleaning the skin. However, it is not for sensitive skin. My face had a reaction and started burning and turning red after I used it.

on 4/5/2010 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Pros:
Price
Effective
Scent

Cons:
Slight tackiness

Conclusion:
This is an excellent product, it served its purpose very well. I used on the nights when I didn't want to wash up as a no-rinse alternative, and I also used it as a toner. It has that standard Avene scent, and it did not sting my eyes at all. I've tried a few Micellar waters (which I've ranked in the alternatives), and this is a great option but there are better so I probably will not buy it again unless its on special. I think I might try the Bioderma or Lancome next...

Alternatives:
Of all the micellar waters I've tried this is how I would rank them, including this one:
1. Darphin Azahar/Nuxe 3-Rose - the BEST ones! Great scents, thorough, and the least tacky (Darphin has an edge in terms of the scent and Nuxe has the edge on price)
2. Avene Micellar - very good, but not as good as the other two
3. Caudalie Cleansing Water - love the scent, but it's super sticky

on 3/30/2010 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very soothing to irritated skin.A must have for skin iiirtations that cant stand alot of chemicals on your face.Plus you leave it on and it continues to add moisture to your face.Edit: Had to return this,the scent bothered my skin too much,Why cant it be fragrant free??

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

FYI: DO NOT use this product if you have super sensitive skin. It has fragrance and drying agents in it that are not suitable for your skin type. I learned this the hard way. Actually, it was after using this product that got me to see a dermatologist and learned how to read product labels more carefully. Any acids, alcohols, preservatives, lanolin, fragrances, and/or peroxides are REALLY BAD for people with reactive skin because they cause irrtation. Natural and mineral products are the best because most of their ingredients are pure and do not irrtate skin. Hope ths helps!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product, I think it comes in handy, when you don't feel like using water to wash your face. All you have to do, is use a cotton pad and swipe the product over your face. It doesn't irritate your skin ( unless you're rubbing your face too much - which you shouldn't be doing anyway for sensitive skin). It might not be the best makeup remover, but it removes my mineral foundation, and powder - I don't use it for eyes just because I'd rather save it just for my face. It doesn't make your face red after using it, but I still moisturize, which I suggest people do if they have dry/sensitive skin( these skin types should never skip moisturizing, despite the fact that you're using a hydrating cleanser)

on 2/14/2010 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hmmmmmm.... I have one problem with this product-which is why I probably won't buy this again..... but first I will tell you what I like about it.

I wear mineral makeup as my foundation, 2 different blushers, medium contouring with eyeshadows, and dramatic lining of my eyes with black eyeshadow. My mascara is dramatic- not natural and not heavy, with a primer underneath to thicken. This lotion is amazing at removing my makeup- incredible. It's gentle and my eyes are quite sensitive- they do not sting at all with this, or redden after. It feels very soothing. The only gripe I have with this product is it feels as though it has oil in it- it doesn't dry your skin, if anything it feels like it leaves a film on your skin. This is not my problem with it- the problem is in the morning, after showering-the film is still around my eye and makes applying eye shadow to my waterline IMPOSSIBLE! It slides away- my black eyeshadow turns pale grey and won't adhere- it's like it pushes it back onto my brush.

Drove me wild 4 days in a row til I figured out which product to point my finger at through trial and error. ( I have many:) I have been to scared to try it since as it annoyed me so much- but will try using my new HG makeup remover after it (just a quick swipe with something gentle that will remove the residue from this MIcellar lotion without drying my eyes) But it feels like it will be adding an unnecessary step and product that I don't need. Disappointed about this side effect as I loved how it felt and how easy it was removing my makeup. I now use L'Occitane Fresh Face Water to remove my makeup- it is just even more gentle and soothing- even more effective.... and it doesn't affect applying my eye makeup after! I don't need to use anything after this.