November 27, 2014 | 1437 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - Jasmine and Vitamin E Moisture Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by elfriede

My combo skin is too oily for me to use this on the entire face, but on dry spots it works a treat. Smells luxurious and dreamy--I don't usually like scented products for the face but mmmmm! Did not irritate my eyes, though as a rule I tend to keep scented products away from my eyes. Seems to be very pore-clogging if you're acne-prone, so be careful. I ended up applying tiny dabs with damp hands, as a little goes a loooong way.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by lizgen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this as a night cream mostly because its quite thick but I love this for 3 reasons:
1. it smells so good (mmmm Jasmine)
2. it doesnt break me out (and I have sensitive, reactive, acne prone skin)
3. it has vitamin e
P.S. just dont drop the container, cause it might break the lid (happened to me last night)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by loryoua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bough this moisturizer last week. It's working great for my skin. I have very dry skin and it make it less dry. It's not greasy like some other products.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by jewelryvixen305

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this off and on for a year and I still don't know if I like this product. When I apply it (bedtime only) my face itches for awhile. It does make my skin look great and feels soft. If using this product, I recommend using very little at time of application..a little goes along way. I will not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by sanford_meg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this face cream when I started using Retin-A for my acne (mostly deep blackheads with occasional deep pimple). I love it. I have oily/combo skin, and even though the cream is listed for dry/mature skin it works great for me. It absorbs right into my skin, no greasiness or shine. I use it at night and my skin is well hydrated and soft in the morning. I am continuing to use it even though I have stopped using Retin-A (due to pregnancy, not poor results with the medication). You only need a little bit, I am about half way through my jar and I have been using it for about 6 months - not bad for 18$.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by egoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Grrr.... I so so love the smell of the Jasmine, but I'm 90% sure this cream clogs my pore! I have been using this cream on and off for 2 months along with the Coconut wash and Hibiscus toner. It's almost always after about 2 weeks use that I notice that my skin starts to break out. As soon as I switch to another moisturizer, my skin returns to normal. I should add that I only use the Alba Botanica skin care set when I'm on vacation in Hawaii ( I never brought the set back to the mainland to try). The differences in humidity could also be the reason why I'm breaking out while using this cream since I normally have dry skin, but in Hawaii the humidity is different?

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Seagulls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I decided to purchase this product after I had some success w/ Alba's Coconut Facial Milk. I have rosacea and I was hoping their moisturizers were as good as their cleansers. The first few uses seemed great. It smelled lovely and had a nice, velvety consistency. However, as time passed, my skin started to reject it. I discontinued using it once I began getting pimples and my redness increased. I didn't even make it through 75% of the pot. Bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 3:36:00 AM More reviews by megasaurus

After years, I have finally found my HG moisturizer. I love almost everything about this. I have used tons of different moisturizers that are either too heavy, or greasy and clog my pores and I wake up with break outs but this has changed it all. I only use a tiny bit with clean hands and it glides on and dries quickly. My face is smooth and not greasy and it just feels weightless on my face. I couldn't be more pleased with a moisturizer. Prior to this I had dry flakey skin on my t-zone but this has cured it completely. I recommend this to everyone. Despite the steep price, I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 3:58:00 AM More reviews by CathFitz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If your skin is decently dry, this product works great for you. If it's chronically dry, I'd recommend the Sea Renewal Plus cream, also made by Alba. I do love the smell and the packaging is attractive.

I prefer the Sea Renewal to this product because of my dry skin and because it stretches further but if the store were out of the Sea Renewal, I would happily buy this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

While it seems this moisturizer works for a lot of MUA reviewers, sadly it has not worked for me :-(
I'm breaking out, and I never break out. I think it has just clogged my pores because my blackheads also seem bigger. It's just too heavy, I guess. I think I'll keep using it on my neck and I really like it as a hand cream, but not for my face.