Alba Botanica Jasmine and Vitamin E Moisture Cream

3.9

Not tested on animals

Ingredients Purified water, organic sunflower oil, vegetable glycerin, glyceryl stearate, octyl palmitate, organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, tromethamine stearate, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl monolaurate, extracts of centella asiatica (gotu kola), chamomilla recutita (chamomile) and jasminum officinale, tocopherol and tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), organic oils of sweet almond, borago officinalis (borage) and jojoba, allantoin, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), macadamia ternifolia oil and aleurites moluccana (kukui) nut oil, awapuhi and carica papaya extracts, dimethicone, xanthan gum, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol and fragrance.5/23/09

Smells soooooooooo good, leaves my skin supple and mouisturized. Love it! Edit: meh, ended up returing it. Although it smelled amazing it was too much for my sensetive skin.

on 5/24/2010 10:49:00 AM

My combo skin is too oily for me to use this on the entire face, but on dry spots it works a treat. Smells luxurious and dreamy--I don't usually like scented products for the face but mmmmm! Did not irritate my eyes, though as a rule I tend to keep scented products away from my eyes. Seems to be very pore-clogging if you're acne-prone, so be careful. I ended up applying tiny dabs with damp hands, as a little goes a loooong way.

on 5/21/2010 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this as a night cream mostly because its quite thick but I love this for 3 reasons:
1. it smells so good (mmmm Jasmine)
2. it doesnt break me out (and I have sensitive, reactive, acne prone skin)
3. it has vitamin e
P.S. just dont drop the container, cause it might break the lid (happened to me last night)

on 3/30/2010 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I just bough this moisturizer last week. It's working great for my skin. I have very dry skin and it make it less dry. It's not greasy like some other products.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have been using this off and on for a year and I still don't know if I like this product. When I apply it (bedtime only) my face itches for awhile. It does make my skin look great and feels soft. If using this product, I recommend using very little at time of application..a little goes along way. I will not buy this again.

on 1/15/2010 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this face cream when I started using Retin-A for my acne (mostly deep blackheads with occasional deep pimple). I love it. I have oily/combo skin, and even though the cream is listed for dry/mature skin it works great for me. It absorbs right into my skin, no greasiness or shine. I use it at night and my skin is well hydrated and soft in the morning. I am continuing to use it even though I have stopped using Retin-A (due to pregnancy, not poor results with the medication). You only need a little bit, I am about half way through my jar and I have been using it for about 6 months - not bad for 18$.

on 1/10/2010 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Grrr.... I so so love the smell of the Jasmine, but I'm 90% sure this cream clogs my pore! I have been using this cream on and off for 2 months along with the Coconut wash and Hibiscus toner. It's almost always after about 2 weeks use that I notice that my skin starts to break out. As soon as I switch to another moisturizer, my skin returns to normal. I should add that I only use the Alba Botanica skin care set when I'm on vacation in Hawaii ( I never brought the set back to the mainland to try). The differences in humidity could also be the reason why I'm breaking out while using this cream since I normally have dry skin, but in Hawaii the humidity is different?

on 10/15/2009 6:44:00 PM

I decided to purchase this product after I had some success w/ Alba's Coconut Facial Milk. I have rosacea and I was hoping their moisturizers were as good as their cleansers. The first few uses seemed great. It smelled lovely and had a nice, velvety consistency. However, as time passed, my skin started to reject it. I discontinued using it once I began getting pimples and my redness increased. I didn't even make it through 75% of the pot. Bummer.

on 5/4/2009 3:36:00 AM

After years, I have finally found my HG moisturizer. I love almost everything about this. I have used tons of different moisturizers that are either too heavy, or greasy and clog my pores and I wake up with break outs but this has changed it all. I only use a tiny bit with clean hands and it glides on and dries quickly. My face is smooth and not greasy and it just feels weightless on my face. I couldn't be more pleased with a moisturizer. Prior to this I had dry flakey skin on my t-zone but this has cured it completely. I recommend this to everyone. Despite the steep price, I will definitely repurchase this.

on 3/22/2009 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

If your skin is decently dry, this product works great for you. If it's chronically dry, I'd recommend the Sea Renewal Plus cream, also made by Alba. I do love the smell and the packaging is attractive.

I prefer the Sea Renewal to this product because of my dry skin and because it stretches further but if the store were out of the Sea Renewal, I would happily buy this product.

Popular Moisturizers