July 29, 2014 | 1832 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - Jasmine and Vitamin E Moisture Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by jewelryvixen305

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this off and on for a year and I still don't know if I like this product. When I apply it (bedtime only) my face itches for awhile. It does make my skin look great and feels soft. If using this product, I recommend using very little at time of application..a little goes along way. I will not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by sanford_meg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this face cream when I started using Retin-A for my acne (mostly deep blackheads with occasional deep pimple). I love it. I have oily/combo skin, and even though the cream is listed for dry/mature skin it works great for me. It absorbs right into my skin, no greasiness or shine. I use it at night and my skin is well hydrated and soft in the morning. I am continuing to use it even though I have stopped using Retin-A (due to pregnancy, not poor results with the medication). You only need a little bit, I am about half way through my jar and I have been using it for about 6 months - not bad for 18$.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by egoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Grrr.... I so so love the smell of the Jasmine, but I'm 90% sure this cream clogs my pore! I have been using this cream on and off for 2 months along with the Coconut wash and Hibiscus toner. It's almost always after about 2 weeks use that I notice that my skin starts to break out. As soon as I switch to another moisturizer, my skin returns to normal. I should add that I only use the Alba Botanica skin care set when I'm on vacation in Hawaii ( I never brought the set back to the mainland to try). The differences in humidity could also be the reason why I'm breaking out while using this cream since I normally have dry skin, but in Hawaii the humidity is different?

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Seagulls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I decided to purchase this product after I had some success w/ Alba's Coconut Facial Milk. I have rosacea and I was hoping their moisturizers were as good as their cleansers. The first few uses seemed great. It smelled lovely and had a nice, velvety consistency. However, as time passed, my skin started to reject it. I discontinued using it once I began getting pimples and my redness increased. I didn't even make it through 75% of the pot. Bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 3:36:00 AM More reviews by megasaurus

After years, I have finally found my HG moisturizer. I love almost everything about this. I have used tons of different moisturizers that are either too heavy, or greasy and clog my pores and I wake up with break outs but this has changed it all. I only use a tiny bit with clean hands and it glides on and dries quickly. My face is smooth and not greasy and it just feels weightless on my face. I couldn't be more pleased with a moisturizer. Prior to this I had dry flakey skin on my t-zone but this has cured it completely. I recommend this to everyone. Despite the steep price, I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 3:58:00 AM More reviews by CathFitz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If your skin is decently dry, this product works great for you. If it's chronically dry, I'd recommend the Sea Renewal Plus cream, also made by Alba. I do love the smell and the packaging is attractive.

I prefer the Sea Renewal to this product because of my dry skin and because it stretches further but if the store were out of the Sea Renewal, I would happily buy this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

While it seems this moisturizer works for a lot of MUA reviewers, sadly it has not worked for me :-(
I'm breaking out, and I never break out. I think it has just clogged my pores because my blackheads also seem bigger. It's just too heavy, I guess. I think I'll keep using it on my neck and I really like it as a hand cream, but not for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by comely

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm 36 and have dry/sensitive skin that can get the same itchy patch or pimple when it's not happy with a product. I've been using this for a month ( I would never review anything unless it's been 30 days) and this is a great, reasonably priced moisturizer that does the job. I have acne prone skin at times although alleviated with the pill, and to be very simple, I'll continue with this one. There is nothing fancy, my skin looks moisturized and healthy. Good product

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2008 1:24:00 AM More reviews by autumnsdaughter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this cream! The moisture seems to soak into my skin right away, leaving my face bright and glowing. It is especially good in the winter, as both a day and night cream. I think that one would have to be careful with it if one had oily skin, but it is perfect for my dry, sometimes flaky skin. The scent is rather strong, so if you don't care for jasmine, it isn't for you. However, the results of this product deserve 5 stars!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2008 1:58:00 PM More reviews by pasdetrois

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm slowly moving towards organic and/or products not tested on animals...that are easy to find. I picked this up at Whole Foods when my organic rose face cream (forgot manufacturer, came in a pump bottle) ran out. The rose cream wasn't doing the job on my dry winter skin and this cost less. So far I really like it. It's rich and velvety but sinks in and I don't have to keep reapplying to get enough. I tend towards the oilies by mid-day, so I'm only using this at night. I love the scent and also the packaging.