Crest Pro-Health Rinse

2.6

on 9/17/2008 11:26:00 PM

Thank God I happened upon these reviews. For the last month I've been shocked and horrified by the faint brown stains between some of my teeth. After a lifetime of unblemished teeth, I couldn't imagine what was causing it... and now it turns out it was the big evil bottle of Crest Pro Health on my bathroom counter. I went through 2 ginormous bottles of this stuff. :( How can Crest live with themselves? Seriously folks, this is the stuff email chains were made for - let people know, they'll thank you for saving their smile.

on 9/17/2008 11:19:00 PM

I agree with other reviewers. My tongue felt burned and I lost my taste after using this. It is a horrible mouthwash. I can't believe that they named it "Pro Health." It is "Pro Garbage."

on 9/17/2008 10:59:00 PM

I was using this after I had my tongue web pierced, multiple times in one day. I had to stop after the one day because my mouth started to hurt, it felt the same as when you eat something hot and burn your taste buds, except it was my whole tongue. I figured it would go away in a day, like normal burns. NOPE. I had lost all sense of taste for a week. A few months later I decided to try it again, thinking that maybe it was just very strong and I shouldn't use it more then once a day. So I tried using it just one time and again, my taste buds were burnt. It "healed" quicker then previously, but still.

I would definitely never ever buy or use this again, it is going in the trash. After reading the other reviews, I suppose I was lucky in some ways. Please do not risk your teeth/mouth by using this.

on 9/17/2008 10:53:00 PM

I'd like to know why this product hasn't been taken off the market yet. I've read several articles from many different sources describing the awful effects of using Crest Pro Health Rinse. My sister got the brown spots on her teeth from it, and I told her to throw the rinse out after I read about what was causing it. Even her dentist had no clue. Crest needs to remove this from the shelves immediately.

on 9/17/2008 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Like other reviews, I got brown stains on my teeth from using this mouthwash. I heard about this happening on MUA, then went to Google to see if it was true. I promptly poured the rest of my bottle down the drain & went to buy Listerine. Stains started fading once I switched. Will never repurchase.

on 9/17/2008 9:29:00 PM

Holy crap, I'm glad I saw the other reviews. This is the mouthwash my husband uses, he has had the WORST brown stains on his teeth for months. We could not figure out why. Now we know! This stuff is going in the drain!

on 9/17/2008 8:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

WARNING!!!! I know this is going to make me sound nuts, but seriously this is the truth. I was using the Pro Health rinse and toothpaste and I noticed a very odd metallic taste in my mouth so I googled Crest Pro Health and found A TON of links talking about lawsuits. Apparently the product contains a new type of flouride that can turn your teeth BROWN. No this is not a joke, I wish it were...I would stay away from this product at all costs....nothing is worth a nasty after taste or BROWN TEETH
here is one of the websites explaining the problems with the product:

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Great mouthwash. Recommended by my dentist. No alcohol. Will never use a different kind again.

on 6/17/2008 11:58:00 PM

Super awesome mouth wash! I got a huge bottle for just $5. Not too shabby. It was a recommendation from my graduated college friend. Best of all there's no alcohol so no stinging is involved.

on 10/10/2007 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I wanted to love this stuff since it appears to be an effective alcohol free mouthwash, but it's not for me at all! This tastes like a major dose of artificial sweetener (maybe it's not, but it is just nasty to me) and leaves me with a minty taste that only lasts a little while; I don't feel like I'm getting long lasting fresh breath from this product. It also leaves a bit of a scummy feeling in my mouth which I really hate. The whole excessive blue situation the other reviewers have mentioned is another major turn off. As much as I'm not a fan of the burn, it's back to Listerine for me.

Popular Other Products