July 31, 2014 | 990 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Foundation brush

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

ok so i live in canada and my target doesnt carry elf nor does my target and i hate ordering online, so i get my elf products from the dollar store when they have them (which is kinda rare) so I got this brush recently, not too long ago. First impressions:
Packaging: alright, i cant complain it is the same as a lot of other higher end brushes come in
Look: it looks chic and simple i mean its black handled the only thing that i would changed if possible is the orange coloured bristles to a brown or black colour
feel: the feel of the brush on my hands and fingers is AMAZING its soft and lush surprisingly so for a synthetic cheap brush.

using the brush: it was OKAY i think all brushes for foundation like this leave streaks then i just blend it after and its all good. For peoples comments on the glue coming undone, i havent experiened it but if i did i would just glue it eh its only 1$ i dont care if i havento put a little glue on it. But i think minenis actually a studio line one which is different than the pic.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by vivala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just got this brush a few days ago from Target, it's one of my favorite foundation brushes! I usually use the ELF powder brush to apply/ blend my foundation but I thought I would give this a try, and I was not disappointed! It applys nicely on my face and blends quickly- best drugstore foundation brush for the price!

PROS:
Perfect size
Applys evenly on face
Blends quickly
Easy to clean

CONS:
Collects face oils (need to wash increased)
Applys small amounts at a time

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by madlynn12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a really good brush !!!!!! I don't understand why people say it leaves streaks :) I love it and its only $1.50 at the dollorama so if ur on a budget like me :) GET IT !!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Mford11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried out this foundation brush because ive never used a brush to apply my foundation, and it was terrible! It doesnt blend well and leaves streaks and lines all over your face. I've since used other foundation brushes that have softer bristles and find that those work better. Do not recommend this brush!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes it is makes your liquid foundation a bit streaky but come on it's only $1. I still have mine and I rarely reach for it unless I forget to wash my current one. It beats using your hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by msissy11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased the foundation brush at the Dollar Tree in my area, I've never used one before, but I absolutely love it! My foundation goes on smooth and even and I use less of it because of this brush. I would definately recommend this to anyone who uses these types of applicators that has a tight budget.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by southberry31

I typically don't use a paddle foundation brush because it tends to leave a streaky look. I do not use it for concealer either but I will tell you what I use it for. highlight and blush. I like that it has a tapered tip so I can apply my Mary Lou-minizer from the balm and any blush. I cant really recommend it because it is either you like it or don't.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Cocoa28

I really love this product. I apply my concealor and foundation with this brush. It was only a $1 at Target so you can beat that. I done brought three of them already.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's a buck. Yeah, a buck. Dude, a BUCK!!!!

I don't use it for foundaation partly because I'm still a foundation dumbass at almost 42 and I prefer my fingers.

I used it to put my beloved Wet n Wild Brulee all over my eyelids and browbones (separate review, Imma marry my Brulee, seriously). It packs on the color well and as long as I lay it on the slant (not perpendicular) to my eyelid, not scratchy. It's handled being washed a few times and packs on a decent amount of color without streaking. I haven't lost any bristles or had a loose ferrule, but seriously, a little Superglue handles the looseness issue nicely.

I think as a foundation brush, it's too small and stiff, so I wouldn't use it for that. But as an eyeshadow brush to lay down a lot of foundational eyeshadow at once, it works very well. Useful for old broads like me who have to cover up all the red, purple, veiny yuck on our lids and browbones...and would like to be able to do it in two swipes, not ten!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

as a foundation i wouldnt use it at all....i cant do my foundation with these kind of brushes....so i tried it for other make up applications and i just cant use it for my face....i just added it to my painting brushes and it works better there lol