July 29, 2014 | 1959 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not really a fan.

When I test new cleansers, I usually see how well they remove makeup, as I figure if something can't even remove foundation or powder that sits on top of the skin, how well is it actually going to clean the skin?

It miserably failed my makeup test. After "washing" with this cleanser, my makeup had barely moved and just looked like I had sprayed it with oily water. I will say that it doesn't dry out the skin, as it leaves a kind of film (for want of a better word) which diminishes once you dry your face, but if you actually want to remove any dirt/oil/makeup, you'd have to use a different cleanser first, and then follow with this one, which kind of defeats the purpose of using a cleanser. It's also one of the messier Lush cleansers I've used. Sometimes you can mix them with water to make them more manageable, but the odd texture of this cleanser still left little bits of product falling off my face as I washed, which was kind of annoying.

I would definitely not consider this a "cleanser" as the results it delivers are more akin to a skin conditioner or moisturizer because it really doesn't clean anything.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by gchis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love how it leaves my skin glowing and soft, it reduces redness and evens out my skin tone 😛

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Shanifanimua

I LOVE this product. The best cleanser I have ever used. It really has helped my skin as mine is a combination and at times oily and at times dry. So it helps to maintain a balance and it has magically evened out my skin tone!!! - the smell isn't that great, I'm not a big fan of lavender infused products, however it is still a pleasant smell. For the price, and based on the organic company it is, I would rather pay the extra for that reason. Amazing product!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by khov92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Makes my dry skin feel clean but not tight like a lot of other cleansers do. It doesn't do a great job of removing makeup, but i use bioderma before cleansing anyway so that's not a problem for me. Feels like I'm giving my skin some TLC when I use this combo!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by bublebulle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Angels On Bare Skin is part of a skincare routine that has worked amazingly on me for several months now. What I'm sharing with you in this review is only my personal experience and of course, what works for me doesn't necessarily works for you - and the other way around - but I wanted to tell about it anyway. Sorry if it overlaps the review I did on Lush Ultrabland, but they both are part of what really works for me, so it couldn't be omitted IMO.

I have a dehydrated, acne-prone, combination skin - with very dry cheeks and a very oily T-zone - so it's pretty much a nightmare for me to keep it looking good especially when I'm in PMS. My southern-east Asian origins also gave me patches and uneven skin to deal with. Now you get a rough idea of what I'm looking for to counteract all these.

This is what has worked on me for months now...
=> Morning routine: I use Lush Angels On Bare Skin or Lush Let The Good Times Roll. They both gently exfoliate, leaving my skin clean but not tight with the bonus of a wonderful scent to begin a new day. I then pat dry my face before spraying my face with Sanoflore floral water followed by an eye cream and a moisturizer.
=> Night routine: I double cleanse. I begin by removing my makeup with a mineral oil-free cleansing oil (my favorites are DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and MAC Cleanse Off Oil), pat my skin dry and follow with the Lush Ultrabland which I gently massage over my face and neck for 2 to 3 minutes to break down what may be left of makeup and SPF. The face massage also helps relaxing and puts the stress of the day away. I then soak a clean washcloth with warm water, wring it out and put it on my face for like 30 seconds for further relaxation. It breaks the oils down so won't be leaving this greasy film that would eventually clog my pores. Again, I soak with warm water and wring the washcloth out for then gently remove the product. Pat my face dry once more. My skin feels really clean and calm at this stage, so I continue with one of Sanoflore floral waters suited for my skin type and finish with my eyes and face moisturizers.

I really love how Angels On Bare Skin feels on my face and here is how I use it. I begin with taking a big pea size amount of product WITH DRY HANDS (or it will spoil the product in 2 days!!). On the palm of my hand, I add a little bit of water, mix product and water together with my finger until it turns into a milky, manageable paste. Then I distribute this between my hands before putting it on my dry face. If I feel the paste is too dry during the application of the product, I add a very little amount of water at a time to keep it milky but not overly wet. I then rinse the product away and proceed to my usual face routine. My face looks clean and soothed - redness on my cheeks is toned down, unlike it used to be with foamy cleansers, and my skin doesn't feel tight. But I wanted to point it out : don't use it to remove makeup! It's not meant to be used this way and you would be pretty disappointed if you do. This is why I only use it in the morning or at night if I wasn't wearing any makeup or SPF.

With this whole routine, my skin feels amazing and looks the best I've ever seen on myself. I still break out from time to time, but it is minimal and quickly fades away with the help of Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot treatment. My skin is definitely more even, balanced (no super dry cheeks or over oily T-zone anymore) and people have been commenting on how good my skin looked although I wasn't wearing any makeup at all which is the first time in my life! I must say that it feels pretty amazing! ^^

Pros:
- The scent is wonderful. I love this earthy, relaxing perfume to begin the day with.
- The consistency of AOBS feels lovely on the skin IMO. It doesn't feel harsh but you really feel the cleanse.
- Leaves my skin clean but not tight. I now understand that a squeaky clean feeling after cleansing is no good.
- Made with all natural ingredients and no preservatives!! :-D
- Not very expensive in regards of the quality of the ingredients (10,45 euros for 100g)

Cons:
- Quite messy. Your sink will not thank you for how it looks afterwards.
- Short life span (due to all natural ingredients with no preservatives). You'll have to discard it only 3 months after it was made, so be careful to look at the sell-by date when you buy it. Also, don't waste your money; if you don't plan to use it on your body too, the 100g pot will be enough.
- Be careful not to put water into the pot or the product will spoil. Store it away from your shower to avoid any accident.

In short:
I love the idea of putting something natural on my face - apparently based on a medieval recipe, so fun! - which is also very effective and at a fair price. Since Lush is great at giving you samples, I encourage you to ask for ones of AOBS and Ultrabland to try out before splurging on the full-size pots - and see if this kind of routine works for you or not. I probably would have never bought Lush products on my own if my sister didn't gave me her samples to try and I honestly would have missed something HUGE for my skin. I hope you'll find your perfect routine too. xx

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by comicbookshop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Note: I've used up the whole tub before writing this to give it my fair opinion. I'm not a fan of those who make reviews after trying the product for a day or a week or two.

It's decent, not amazing. It was a nice daily exfoliator but that's all it did. I would say this is pretty fair, as the product doesn't state it does anything else (i.e. clear blackheads, spots etc.). I don't have trouble skin to begin with so it was difficult to see if there was any change but I did feel there was a slight improvement in the appearance/complexion of my skin - nothing big though. It was a nice product and good to use, just don't expect big miracles.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Beeebee

I looove the smell of this, and it after using this my skin feels soo soft and clean and moisturized, It's amazing !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by byankitty

This makes my skin feel wonderful! I remove my makeup with a wipe first of course. If you don't do that, consider it. Because even most cleansers out there won't fully remove all your makeup. This cleanser is more of a scrub and aromatherapy type of product. I love it and I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by JenJean

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is ridiculous how much i love this product! I don't really like the smell of it and it is rather ugly to look at, plus difficult to use, but - WOW!!! it does wonderful things to my skin! It will likely become a HG product for me, one i can never be without. Need to stay with it for a few weeks to be sure. it gives my skin an amazing texture; it's just never felt so smooth and even. It feels very clean and slightly moisturized. After a few days, it has not caused any problems like dryness or clogging. it has been wonderful on my skin and it's a huge plus that it has so few ingredients and is a fairly "natural" product. Thank you LUSH! I love love love it!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by iamgracey

I bought this in October so here's my review.

First Impression: Nice lavender smell, doesn't look as good. Tried it out in the shop and it gave me a nice smooth texture.

As Lush is quite expensive in Singapore, I tend to make sure I get the most out of it. Plus I use my cleanser everyday so I have somewhat high expectations of it.

Application: As with other Lush cleansers, it is quite a chore to make sure that 1) hands are dry before putting fingers into the tub 2) Use enough water to mix it - not too much so that it will get washed down or too little that it will not come together.

I always use my cleanser in my home so it is still quite manageable. Can't imagine for someone who travels or people who wants to use this in the gym. Normally if I overslept, I will skip this cleanser and use my HG Philosophy Cleanser instead.

I do like the slight exfoliating effect from using this cleanser, and of cos my face feels really smooth too. Only thing is I realized there's this slight layer of oil/residue on my hands after washing it off. Thank goodness it doesn't break me out, but it does make it troublesome to wash my hair after that.

It does improve my skin condition but I am not sure if I will repurchase as there are definitely better and easier cleansers out there.