November 27, 2014 | 1422 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Sophieferreira

I have had acne for 7 years and it's terrible, now I have mostly scars and I needed something to treat them. I tried this product that was advised for me and not only did I see a difference in the scars (they were less visible) my whole face was glowing and looked balanced! It smells lovely too and it's a product that lasts a long time. After using angels on bare skin I use the Vanishing Cream which is also an amazing face moisturiser. I would advice for you to ask for a sample because all skin types are different and they're also very friendly at lush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

got this as a free sample. Doesn't seem to do much and is hard to spread as this cleanser is extra crumbly. Recommend aqua marina over this for sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by glowinglightness

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having sensitive, dry and oily skin (combo skin) is very hard to work with especially with so many products on the market that claim to reduce redness and soothe sensitive skin. I have to say, I've been sceptical to try ANY cleansers because I was afraid my skin would react badly to the ingredients. My early teenage years were horrible: My face was red as a button and it was so dry that sometimes I had to reapply my moisturiser; it was so bad that I couldn't even look directly in the eyes of people! From there on, I avoided any cleansers and always washed my face with cold water.

After realising I needed a basic skin care routine, I started to search for cleansers that was going to be beneficial to my skin rather than disappointing and harmful. I came across this little beauty after discovering that the brand only used natural ingredients and environmentally friendly which was a double bonus!

My first reaction was the packaging; it was cute and the size is 'travelling-friendly'. The lid can be a problem, sometimes it doesn't screw on properly but what you got to do is to press on it until you can hear the lid aligned/fitted. I didn't mind the scent, I found it to be very appeasing! It has that sort of 'fresh' smell with herb scents and lavender. The cleanser has a soft, play-dough kind of consistency: Take a pinch of it and add drops of water then knead it into a paste then apply it on to the face. I recommend not adding too much water or the mixture will become too runny to apply and not enough to cleanse/exfoliate the skin. I rub it directly on the face for a minute, letting the mixture sink and work its magic. The application is rather easy however, some of the mixture falls into the skin.

The end result is almost perfect! Your skin is glowing and so soft and subtle; I've never felt my skin so delicate and smooth! It is so easy to apply your moisturiser, it practically glides on and immediately sinks into the skin. Even with the moisturiser you can still feel the freshness and softness. After a while, I noticed that my skin eventually got oily. In the mirror, I can see the shine when I turn my head especially on the nose. I will probably still purchase this again but I would want to try different Lush cleansers.

ADVANTAGES
- Leaves skin feeling fresh, soft and smooth!
- Easy to apply moisturiser/makeup (glides onto the skin!)
- Natural ingredients, will not harm the skin (even if you have sensitive skin)
- Quickly gets rid of pimples
- Skin isn't red, leaves the skin without any pimples: It just looks bare!

DISADVANTAGES
- Crumbs of the cleanser falls when applying
- Didn't remove blackheads (Probably because of my oily nose)
- The cleanser only lasts for three months, I recommend only buying the smaller size
- After continual usage and combination of my moisturiser, it left my skin oily
- Price is $16.95 for 100g in Australia (doesn't really bother me but it may bother others)

TIP: Use a spoon/spatula to scoop out the cleanser, I've heard that the moisture (water) will bother the cleanser and eventually, it might break down faster. If you don't have a mini scooper/spatula/spoon remember to ALWAYS wash your hands and dry them prior applying!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First impressions review: i have combination skin and was using dermalogica and clairns products. I use to get break outs deep on my chin, Had uneven skin tone and dry patches as well as oiliness sometimes, yeah a bit of a mess! I decided that my current regime wasnt working for me so i threw out everything and headed to lush. I had heard about angles on bare skin after a bit of research and bought 100g for $16.95 (australia) the girl at lush was super helpful and after trying it on the back of my right hand followed by the low fat moisturiser, and comparing that to my left hand, the difference was amazing. It was like the light had changed and was more flattering on the right hand, it looked alive, plump, it had a glow, a sort of healthy tan to it. My left hand looked grey, dull and cold! Just seeing that difference on my hand i knew i had to try it on my face and hope for the same results! The first 3 days i developed small white head pimples all over my face (very unusual) but my skin actually looked good and felt hydrated. After 3 days the pimples went away and i havent had a break out sincr so i think it was perhaps my skin detoxing and getting use to the change in products. I'm very happy using this cleanser and the girl said the pot should last 2-3 months so its not bad value for money!! I recommend trying this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by audreydee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After using this for years, I felt compelled to write this review due to a recent "loved and lost" experience I had. After using and loving this product for nearly four years, I moved countries and was a bit tight with money. I couldn't justify the cost to myself, and was seduced by 1 products from the pound shop that claimed to be soothing for sensitive skin.

Over the next eight months, I began to have the worst skin in my adult life. My skin became even drier, and I began to breakout in white heads and proper acne spots, mostly around my jaw line. I chalked it down to my new house having "bad water" (whatever that means), and accepted my fate.

Two weeks ago, I felt like treating myself and spent the 6.40 to get Angels on Bare Skin, as I was out of my 1 product and really enjoy the smell of Angels, which is soothingly lavender. After three days, I was blown away. My dry patches around my nose had already gone, my skin was less oily, and I had no new spots. My existing spots had already begun to fade. Today my skin is almost entirely clear, and my skin feels smooth and even. Even the redness has begun to fade.

Why did I ever leave?? I'm not sure, but now I know I never will again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by InspiredByBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I waited a while before i wrote a review I didn't want to speak to soon. This product is amazing i really dont know about my skin maybe its combination i think it is but all i know is its very senstive. So I was scared to spend 15$ on this and have it just sit around if it didnt work. But the lady said it helps even skin tone and it could work for your body. First month used it on my face and was in love. My black heads were gone breakouts went away and i think this kinda helps prevents break outs. Month 2 use it on my body and face im two tone my back and stomach are a shade or two darker than my body my skin tone is evening out. Month 3 progress. For fast skin evening i wouldnt recomend this since it takes a while its gradual but it works... Overall good cleans face with out drying and gets rid of black heads and takes off make up easily. Great for senstive skin i recommend it only bad thing is the price 15 dollars but for a good product like this i guess its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by breezyfosheezy123zy

I don't think I'm going back to other cleansers, this product truly is heaven sent lol <3 I have combination skin that tends to be oily all around the outside of my hairline but also plauged with dry patches on my nose, such a strange skin type T.T anyways I noticed my Clarisonic cleanser just wasn't providing enough balance to my skin and I've been breaking out so I visited my local Lush and picked up Angels On Bare Skin. I've read great things about it but I was skeptical that a cleanser with such simple ingredients could really get the job done--well I was pleasantly surprised after just the first use! First off, it smells lovely (due to ample amount of lavender) and it only take the smallest amount to make into a paste. I actually quite enjoy the application process although some think its too messy :X After massaging AOBS on my face and neck and rinsing I immediately felt a HUGE difference. My face and neck are sooooo so soft and my skin feels moisturized, clean, and balanced, just what I needed! I also noticed my blemishes are starting to heal and my skin has a lovely glow!! I'm not going back to facial cleansers loaded with chemicals, natural is the way to go~ Angels On Bare Skin is truly an excellent cleanser and I'll continue to purchase. Even though its kinds of pricy, I believe its well worth it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by oceanspray1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I bought it once, thinking it was a face mask and then shoved it in my drawer after realising it was a wash. However, I found it last week and decided to give it a go.
Angels on bare skin smells heavenly and always leaves my skin super soft and moisturized. I don't feel the need to tone or moisturize my skin after using this product - unlike other cleansers that leave my skin dry and tight. It has smoothed out my skin and gotten rid of the blackheads I get on my nose. I try to avoid putting this directly onto my breakouts because cleansers with that scrub-like texture just open breakouts and spread them around - and I only use it at night because I feel like scrubbing my skin twice a day would be too harsh on my face.
Anyway, I love this cleanser and will definitely purchase it again! I only use a small bit and rub in the water to make a paste in my hands - so I think it will last a little while... Well worth the price, especially compared to other expensive cleansers.
I would recommend this to anyone with oily skin and blackheads.. Maybe not those with acne or severely sensitive skin.
x

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by sparkleandshineee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not sure why this product is rating fairly low right now! I love Angels on Bare Skin! It smells amazing and I love how it feels scrubbing against my skin. Also, my face feels baby soft after using this cleanser and surprisingly it takes off my eye makeup pretty well! My skin tone has evened out and it has given me a beautiful glow! The only thing annoying about this product is how you have to mush it and mix it with water in your hand before using it. However, this cleanser really does what it says it will do. I also love the name "Angels on Bare Skin". It really encompasses the effect is gives on your skin... i feel like a little angel with glowing skin after using it hahah! The price is not too bad as I believe spending money on skin care is totally worth it. I don't wear much makeup at all besides a little blush/bronzer and mascara so having a beautiful even complexion is very important to me!
Good to GLOW!!!!!!
xoxo sparkleandshineee

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by anaalfonsina

Great clenaser Leaveyour skin soft and fresh not dry or with the pulling sensation
Only thing is does not remove makeup completely