November 28, 2014 | 2048 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by HildeMV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the most weirdly awesome color i have. The different dimensions make it go well with many different other colors. It's a pale nude-ish green that has a bit of pink frost. This makes it go well with pinks, purples, browns and greens. Examples respectively are swish, nocturnelle, satin taupe and juxt.

This color really wakes me up, as the green counteracts the redness around my eyes and opens them up which is really great since I have deep set eyes and a pink-cool tone to my skin. Even though it's green it's not a very dramatic color, and I use it just as I would colors like naked lunch and brule.

Favorite shadow!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by AudgePodgeBup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love VEX! It is so beautiful paired or over 'Club'. It is a beautiful gray, taupe, pink green duochrome. I almost can't really explain it. I think I need to experiment more with this color. Apparently it looks good over browns. I am always so rushed in the mornings so I always stick to my mauves and browns. I really need to take more time to have fun with my makeup! :)

I would for sure repurchase this color. It really is fun and this is why I love Mac so much because they have one of a kind unique colors that nobody else does.

Now I can't wait to go wear this! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by nicknat04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow. Hands down one of my favs! This is a great versatile color. I like to put this all over the lid and put a warm brown like Woodwink or Soft Brown in the crease to warm up the look. It sounds like a weird combo but looks stunning! Will def will be repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Stinaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got the idea to purchase this aftr asking on the message board what eyeshadows would go well with my "cool" skin tone. This was mentioned so I picked it up. I took off a lippie b/c I like it to be bold not so sheen but than it creases so I use it on my lid and a darker color in the crease and it works fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 5:51:00 AM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had bought this product after going through a poll on the makeup MUA board oneday to see what is everyones favorite MAC eyeshadow. I, myself am not a big MAC fan, but do indeed love their eyeshadows. Repeatedly the answer was Vex along with one or two other colors, but I was promised to fall in love with this color. Nothing special. A light shimmery grey color. Quality"excellent. I would rather nab a violet or deep purple in a MAC eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love this shadow! It's very unique, and looks amazing with Club.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I was very doubtful of this shade. I had a pushy SA say it would look great with my skintone, and she was right! It is such a complex pearly light pinky-green-grey-taupe shade. It looked great with Trax and Twinks in the crease with Shroom on the browbone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by LizSherling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Normally, whenever I go to MAC I know exactly what I want to buy before I even get there. However, when I saw this gorgeous eyeshadow I immediately bought it. It's an absolutely beautiful, unique slivery-mint color with pink reflex. The pigmentation is fantastic, and I find that I can easily build it up or tone it down to make the pink frost more or less apparent, put even one swipe leaves an opaque color. I like to pair this eyeshadow with Satin Taupe, but I hear that Copperplate works well for others too. This eyeshadow is a reminder of why we spend the extra dough for MAC!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Violet34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

NW20 here and I am still experimenting on this one. Not sure I should have to put in so much work to make a shadow look good! :) After reading through all of these comments I paired it up with copperplate. I tried Vex on the lid and Copperplate in the crease which seems to be an HG combo for many. This came out greenish grey and awful on me. When I put copperplate on the lid and layered Vex over it that worked much better but still wasn't great. This is a really beautiful unique es that I'm sure looks gorgeous on the right person but that would not be me. I've seen some suggestions here that I plan on trying just so I don't feel bad about buying it, so maybe I'll be back to update.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This eyeshadow reminds me of my former Stila Cloud shadow- a silver grey. Only this has some green in it and beige depending on where the light hits it or the eyeshadow base you use it with. I find it more difficult to blend than cloud, but then I generally find stila eyeshadows more easy to blend in general. I love this as a wash over my lid with sable in the crease and all that glitters on my browbone. Lovely, but I don't reach for it too often.