July 24, 2014 | 1964 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Club

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by NKS

Duochrome eyeshadows are fast becoming a favourite and staples in my make up bag for their versatility. Club is no exception. My all time favourite eyeshadow and one that I always go back to no matter what diverts me temporarily.

It's the easiest way to get a smokey look without trying - either all over the lids and blend really well with a soft brush into the crease, or over a light gold/brown (like Tempting or Woodwinked) on the inner two thirds of the eye to soften it there so that on the outer third it looks darker. And over black kohl liner, it becomes a beautiful vibrant forest green colour with a shimmer. Absolutely amazing.

Depending on the colours it's used with, you can bring out the brown, green or grey in Club. It's so much fun to play around with and so far I've found that I haven't gone wrong with it. The green eyeliner look always gets me compliments without fail, even from complete strangers. And if like me you lament that you don't have blue or green eyes that look phenomenal with certain types of eyeshadow colours, this looks absolutely beautiful with brown eyes of all shades - it makes light brown eyes look lighter and surreal, makes dark brown eyes look even darker, bigger and mysterious and using the same eyeshadow to line under the eye over black kohl lifts the whole look to dramatic/bold/fun.

I would recommend at least finding a MAC counter and asking them to try this out on you.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My first eyeshadow I got from MAC! It was kind of expensive because I was in still highschool, and only got $20 allowance a week from my parents...but I saved up for it. I loved that in different lighting it would be green, or it could be brown (duo chrome!). I played around with it throughout the years. With a base (everything from gel eyeliners, to eyepencils in different colors, etc.) without a base, and blending with fingers vs. brushes. I have to say I still love it! I've had the orignal pot for over 3.5 years now. I'm not sure if eyeshadows 'expire' but it still smells the same and has the same texture...so I guess it's alright. I haven't hit the pan yet, but there is a noticable dent! Looking back, it was worth the $14.50 I forked out for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is probably my favorite MAC eyeshadow, which says a lot for someone who has hailed herself as a bona fide neutrals/natural eyeshadow girl for years and years! I first encountered this when I bought the Wen 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette in Comfort Zone and people kept raving about the "Definer" color being a really good dupe for Club. And the more I tried that palette, I more I was convinced that I wanted to buy the higher end version because I just needed to have it. And I was so glad that I did.
I use this color in many different ways, on its own and my favorite, on top of a black shadow for the turquoise to show up. The color is an absolute beauty, and it is one of those shadows that for me is worth buying the higher end version.
Will definitely buy backups of this because I seriously don't want MAC to stop making them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Jacqu1em

Been eyeing this eyeshadow for a while now on the boards & through YouTube, blogs, etc. & recently just had the chance to snap one up. I have to say I am incredibly impressed with this shadow! Absolutely gorgeous in the outer v & crease. Recently I have been wearing just naked lunch swept in the inner corner, across the lid & up to the browbone with this shade in the outer v for the perfect amount of definition for everyday wear. I have also been wetting my smudge brush & pressing this into the top lash line for a beautiful green duo tone colour to compliment my blue eyes. A definite repurchase! For reference I bought the pan version for $14CAD.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite eyeshadow. It's an amazing green brown color. I normally wear a green color base under the shadow and it looks crazy beautiful. The more you blend it looks brown. It also contours the eye beautifully without much work. AMAZING!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was a disappointment for me. The duo-chrome color is awesome, but it is just not pigmented enough! When I use it to make a smokey eye it comes out patchy and it doesn't blend well. The color is very unique though so I don't hate it, however the beautiful smokey eye I envisioned with Club just isn't going to happen. Instead I use it in the outer corner and adds another dimension to your e/s combo that is really unique.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by McKaelaM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

II love Club! I will agree with some other reviewers who said that it definitely doesnít show up on the lid like it does in the pan, but that doesnít make me like it any less! It has some great duo-chrome in it and makes it pair well with most of my eyeshadows. I like that itís easy to apply and blend, and can be applied light or heavy for a smokier look. Definitely will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think Club is beautiful! I have brown eyes but I think it will look best on green eyes. Club is greenish-brown with purple and violet duo chrome. I love the duo chrome in this. It looks so amazing.This eye shadow is definitely not too pigmented. For the price it should be more pigmented, but if you can get it how you want this is a perfect eye shadow color. My favorite place to wear this is the outer corner. It is a color just dark enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by jgaag

Love this super versatile shade.It was one that for years I laughed at when people recommended it to me, both the red brown, and the emerald green seem to be ridiculous to me. HOWEVER- it looks amazing with warm skin and brings out previously unknown green tones in my brown eyes. I use it frequently in the crease over anything shimmery and light, and then wet with an angle brush as a liner. I get a pretty solid green out of the liner portion, especially if I layer it over black gel liner.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried so hard to like this product, but I just... don't. I get very little color pay-off no matter how I apply it (brush, sponge-tip, wet, dry) and none of that gorgeous green reflects I see in the pan. The 'definer' shade in the Wet N' Wild Comfort Zone palette is 100x better and also cheaper. I'm very disappointed with the quality of this item, although I continue to love MAC.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No