MAC Satin - Club

4.4

on 6/26/2012 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love this eye shadow! It is more of a brown with green flecks that show up when you turn in the light but it's extremely subtle so it's good for day or night. I personally think the pigmentation is good. It's a duochrome so it looks good with many different eye shadows. I like to pair it with other browns. I've tried it before with the blue brown pigment and it looked good. I also like to use Benefit's tattle tale on my lower lid with mulch on top of that and then club in the crease and upper lid area. Makes a great smokey eye as well. Club really makes my brown eyes look amazing. I will definitely repurchase if I ever run out.

on 6/22/2012 4:30:00 PM

This is my favourite MAC eyeshadow ever!
The duochrome is so pretty and the shadow is very versatile as well.
If I want the green to show up, I pat the shadow on. The more you blends over it, the more the reddish brown comes out.
I love how I can only use one eyeshadow, pat it on the lid, blend out the edges, and make it look like I've used two or more colours.
This is the perfect eyeshadow for a night out (hence the name), but I also use this for daytime looks on a regular basis. I put a cream colour all over my lid (or any other light neutral colour) and just place Club on the outer corner, blend it out and into the crease a bit.
It makes every look so much more interesting! I will definitely repurchase this over and over again :-)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Omg this color is ridiculously gorgeous. Ive never seen anything like it!!!! It's a pretty shimmery duo-chrome eyeshadow that has red, brown, green, blue, gray and purple to it. Hard to describe but the color changes depending on the lighting you're in. I rarely wear dark smoky look, but when I do, I always reach for this color. Def would repurchase!!

on 5/19/2012 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

MAC Club is a beautifully complex brown eyeshadow with blue-green duochrome shift. It seems to change depending on the colours it is paired with and is very versatile. It also looks great by itself. The blue-green shines when used over a dark base. It applies like a dream and blends easily.

I love how complex and mysterious Club is. IMO it deserves a spot in every eyeshadow lovers collection!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my favourite eyeshadow ever! I have never owned a duochrome shadow before as generally I prefer matt, but this is something else! Gives a beautiful sheen and blends beautifully. I can either use it sparingly, and blend well for a more neutral brown colour, or build it up to have a subtle green and brown look. It can be used for day and night, and lasts for hours. Simply gorgeous!

Skin: NW20-25

on 5/7/2012 9:53:00 PM

Duochrome eyeshadows are fast becoming a favourite and staples in my make up bag for their versatility. Club is no exception. My all time favourite eyeshadow and one that I always go back to no matter what diverts me temporarily.

It's the easiest way to get a smokey look without trying - either all over the lids and blend really well with a soft brush into the crease, or over a light gold/brown (like Tempting or Woodwinked) on the inner two thirds of the eye to soften it there so that on the outer third it looks darker. And over black kohl liner, it becomes a beautiful vibrant forest green colour with a shimmer. Absolutely amazing.

Depending on the colours it's used with, you can bring out the brown, green or grey in Club. It's so much fun to play around with and so far I've found that I haven't gone wrong with it. The green eyeliner look always gets me compliments without fail, even from complete strangers. And if like me you lament that you don't have blue or green eyes that look phenomenal with certain types of eyeshadow colours, this looks absolutely beautiful with brown eyes of all shades - it makes light brown eyes look lighter and surreal, makes dark brown eyes look even darker, bigger and mysterious and using the same eyeshadow to line under the eye over black kohl lifts the whole look to dramatic/bold/fun.

I would recommend at least finding a MAC counter and asking them to try this out on you.

on 5/2/2012 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My first eyeshadow I got from MAC! It was kind of expensive because I was in still highschool, and only got $20 allowance a week from my parents...but I saved up for it. I loved that in different lighting it would be green, or it could be brown (duo chrome!). I played around with it throughout the years. With a base (everything from gel eyeliners, to eyepencils in different colors, etc.) without a base, and blending with fingers vs. brushes. I have to say I still love it! I've had the orignal pot for over 3.5 years now. I'm not sure if eyeshadows 'expire' but it still smells the same and has the same texture...so I guess it's alright. I haven't hit the pan yet, but there is a noticable dent! Looking back, it was worth the $14.50 I forked out for it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is probably my favorite MAC eyeshadow, which says a lot for someone who has hailed herself as a bona fide neutrals/natural eyeshadow girl for years and years! I first encountered this when I bought the Wen 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette in Comfort Zone and people kept raving about the "Definer" color being a really good dupe for Club. And the more I tried that palette, I more I was convinced that I wanted to buy the higher end version because I just needed to have it. And I was so glad that I did.
I use this color in many different ways, on its own and my favorite, on top of a black shadow for the turquoise to show up. The color is an absolute beauty, and it is one of those shadows that for me is worth buying the higher end version.
Will definitely buy backups of this because I seriously don't want MAC to stop making them.

on 4/25/2012 3:56:00 PM

Been eyeing this eyeshadow for a while now on the boards & through YouTube, blogs, etc. & recently just had the chance to snap one up. I have to say I am incredibly impressed with this shadow! Absolutely gorgeous in the outer v & crease. Recently I have been wearing just naked lunch swept in the inner corner, across the lid & up to the browbone with this shade in the outer v for the perfect amount of definition for everyday wear. I have also been wetting my smudge brush & pressing this into the top lash line for a beautiful green duo tone colour to compliment my blue eyes. A definite repurchase! For reference I bought the pan version for $14CAD.

on 4/19/2012 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

One of my favorite eyeshadow. It's an amazing green brown color. I normally wear a green color base under the shadow and it looks crazy beautiful. The more you blend it looks brown. It also contours the eye beautifully without much work. AMAZING!

Top Rated MAC Products