September 30, 2014 | 1110 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Nail Enamel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by vain_emily

I always come back to Revlon polishes. You get great color payoff with only one coat, the brush gets the job done in two swipes, and they go on the smoothest of any other polishes I've tried (including essie, OPI, Chanel). Still my favorite. I just wish there was more of a color selection.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by 3PuppyLove3

I love these nail polishes! I have the colours Hot For Chocolate and Plum Night. You can seriously wear these nail polishes for over a week with no top coat and next to no chipping! They are awesome. The price is not bad, especially since i bought them on sale!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by snoozermoose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Revlon is my old standby, producing reliably stellar nail polishes. The combination of the nail polish formula and the applicator makes it a breeze to apply, and I love the classic colors. With some good topcoat (which I also favor Revlon), I've had it last over a week without chipping. If I'm ever in doubt at the drugstore, I pick up a Revlon polish because it rarely fails.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought one in a dark purple color on sale a while ago. The color is really nice, rich and creamy. However, it bubbles like crazy, I can see so many bubbles after two coats no matter how well and carefully i roll/shake the bottle before application. The bubble is in a light rosy color so they are entirely too visible under any kind of light. I have to take it off immediately because I simply cannot stand all the bubbles. I also find the fomular to be extremely thick which makes it hard to spread.

Because of this experience, it put me off on trying any other ones although I think it has a lot of really nice colors. But I like the quick dry top coat and post truama treatment a lot. I used to have a bottle in a really nice cherry red color but have long lost it. I do not remember experiencing the same thing so maybe I just picked a bad bottle. All in all, I might give it a try another time.

Update 02/22/12
Bought another two bottles to try. One in copperglaze plantinum and another one in Revlon Red. I am truly in love with Revlon Red because I think it looks nice on any skin tone. It stays up par to my other polishes. However the copperglaze plantinum is a totally different story. Same thing happened to it as my previous plum night. It started to bubble upon my second use so I have to threw it away.

There are many nice and rich colors I want to try but the probability of runnig into a problem bottle is perhaps too high for my taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by triplet3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This nail polish is really great ! I bought in the color hot for chocolate to make reindeer's on my nails. the formula is a bit runny when you first use it, so you might want to paint your nails overs newpaper or something.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Meh. Revlon has been used by many women in my family for ages now...but that's cuz they are so easily available and they seem to have a bunch of colours that suit brown skin! Well, now that I'm all grown up, I find its just okay...works fine...streaks and bumps a lot no matter how hard I try to do it properly...but yea, the lasting power is pretty good...6 to 7 days of good colour with 2 coats. For the price, yea I guess its one of the good ones. I have this is many colours but the one I just repurchased is 333 - Iced Mauve! a Lovely pink with gold swirls in it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

Revlon polishes don't chip on me. I can get at least 7 days wear from my manicure. I wish Revlon made polishes in 1/4 ounce sizes. Polishes thicken as the polish is used up and there's more air in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Aurumgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I remember wearing Revlon polish when I was in high school. Back then, I swam every day and it was the only brand that would stay on and not chip, for at least 3 days. I have a few colours that are several years old (like Smoky Rose, Cherries in the Snow, and Copperglaze Platinum) that still apply and last well (though I do use a thinner in all my polishes to keep them from getting goopy). I used to think that they had a limited number of shades but the truth is, they've got new shades coming out every season and they're usually set apart from the drug store fixtures, in stand-alone displays. You can find really good dupes there--Perplex and Carbonite, to name a couple, that are really close to the Chanel originals. Same colour for a fraction of the cost--and something about me just won't let me spend that kind of money on a product that is likely ingredient for ingredient identical to the Revlon.

Lately, I'm trying out some new colours that I love--they're matte suede in texture. Fire Fox ( a smooth red) and Emerald City. The Mattes seem to last even longer! I'll continue to repurchase these polishes because the price is great, they're toluene/DBP/formaldehyde free, and the colours, application, and lasting power are perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by RachelD9311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great polish that's available in tons of colors. Drys pretty fast and doesn't take a lot of coats to be true in color. The colors I own are: Autumn Berry (discontinued), Lily, Electric, Silver Dollar, Jaded, Stormy and Multi-Care Base + Top Coat. Great polish for a great price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I love Revlon nail polish. The selection of colors is great. The formula is great. It seems to last a while. It goes on very smooth. And best of all, it's pretty inexpensive and goes on sale all the time at my local drugstore. My favorite colors are Frankly Scarlet and Really Rosy.