Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.8

on 5/27/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

First of all; this reminds of a Naomi Campbell perfume a friend of mine used to wear years ago. It smells wonderful, it really does. The scent completely disappears on my skin after three hours or so, which is weird because the scent is quite strong the first few hours.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't like or dislike this fragrance. I think it's one of those trendy things, mostly thanks to V & R's marketing. Don't get me wrong, I use up each and every sample I get of this, which is a lot. But I would never actually buy a full sized bottle of this. Partially because it's highly overpriced for reasons unbeknownst to me. But even if it was average priced, I still don't think I'd buy it. Firstly, it's played out. I hate going somewhere and everyone is wearing the same thing. You might as well be wearing the same outfit. Second, it's genuinely nothing special. I usually save my samples for a work day, because I rarely get compliments on it if any at all. It's a strong, powdery scent, which is perfect since I'm a nurse and strong scents come in handy when working a long shift.

Overall, an OK fragrance at a silly price. But all the cool kids are wearing it.

on 5/20/2014 5:11:00 PM

This is a really good and sweet fragrance, but I really don't get all the hype for it... I think it is overpriced for regular perfume and I think I can find something better, but it is a good designer brand perfume

on 5/4/2014 6:31:00 AM

Is this some kind of drug? Coz I'm addicted. I got a sample of this and this is the only fragrance where i finished the whole sample and I just ordered a set, can't wait to use it!

on 4/30/2014 11:12:00 AM

I don't like Flowerbomb. I'm sorry, I know a lot of people love it, but I can't stand it. Just thinking about it gives me a headache. I hate it on myself and I hate it on my co-workers (who reek of burnt plastic). It gives me a headache. I gave the bottle to my niece.

It's mixed with strong (yet sweet) flowers (jasmine, rose, orchid), sweet & tart fruits, heavy patchouli, musk, freesia (for freshness), and there's even an underlying powdery scent. It's just a dreadful concoction of ingredients, in my opinion. I don't know, I seem to dislike every popular or "best-selling" perfume.
But I will say, Viktor and Rolf have done an excellent marketing job.

on 4/9/2014 1:45:00 AM

Somehow when i smell this perfume... its almost migraine-inducing. It smells initially appealing.. Sweet even... And then *boom!!!* it soon turns into a musky, very strong, overpowering, flowery scent. A little spritz go a long way... I don't know why there's such a hype over it.
I really wanted to like it. Maybe I need to give it another chance and grab a mini tester from sephora.

on 4/9/2014 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I find it kind of funny that I NEVER smelled this perfume before because I don't like floral scents, in general. I like gourmand scents. I understand they're not sophisticated or whatever, but I've always gravitated towards those types of scents. So naturally, why would I try Flowerbomb? I tested it on a whim at Sephora the other day and I was HOOKED. The dry-down was lovely and the scent lasted a long time. It's a shame it's so expensive, but I ended up picking up the value set from Sephora during a Beauty Insider sale, so hopefully it lasts a long time!

on 3/23/2014 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Yet another grossly misnamed fragrance. While the listed notes err on the floral side, this scent should really be called Candybomb or Sugarbomb. This is no light feminine floral, this is a sweet and intense gourmand that will stick in your nose (and on your skin) for hours. As a fan of foody, tooth-achingly sugary fragrances, I want to love this. It opens with plenty of patchouli and vanilla and rose and fades into something more caramelized. It has great longevity and you definitely do not need to overspray. Unfortunately, I think it is the mimosa note that is way too sharp for my nose. I am torn about this fragrance because I like it in principle, but some of the notes are extremely synthetic.

As for the B&BW dupe, I would say Sensual Amber is close enough. Not 100% the same, but very close and a fraction of the cost.

on 3/17/2014 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have a couple of sample vials of this one. I do think it smells lovely, but it doesn't give me the same (positive) visceral reaction that, say, Coco Mademoiselle does. The staying power is good, sillage is moderate. It seems to say pretty true to its original impression as it dries down, which I like.
I agree with others who say it is fruity rather than floral. Maybe I haven't sniffed enough flowers in my time, though, and I'm confusing floral and fruity. The patchouli is definitely there, but not choking.
Overall, very nice. Like it, but don't love it. I won't be purchasing it unless they bring the price down to a third of what it is now! Yikes!

on 3/11/2014 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Loving this! I finally broke down and purchased and I am so glad I did. It does smell like flowers but it is creamy and warm and delicious.. I cannot recognize what I am smelling but I know I have smelled it before. This fragrance is alluring and makes me want to keep sniffing myself and it. It is not fresh but not cloying and overpowering. It is beguiling. It is not as powdery as Lolita but is in that family. This is a winner and the staying power is there. One spray lasts about 5 hours.

Popular Fragrances