July 31, 2014 | 1023 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Moisturecover

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by RIX

Have just purchased this today in nc20. I wear sand or warm ivory in bb foundations and go up to ysl teint touche eclat bd50 in the summer. I consider that the shades in this concealer range run dark I may have been better getting nc15 however this colour will take me through ti the summer months. Onlyna small amount is needed especially good for mild discoloration on lids. I find if I apply this too close to my outer eyes they run a bit. Overall good coverage and I dont experience any settling in fine lines howeveer this isnt a big concern for me. Bb concealer are thicker and more heavy duty, nw shades run very orange innthis line and even ncs are quite dark in comparison to bb which is very yellow.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by aimage

I don't see anyone else writing this but I find that this product smells odd...and not in a good way. I really can't get over the smell. I wanted to try this because I really liked the maybelline mineral power concealer and it looked comparable. I assumed it would be better since it was higher end. Well I was wrong...it is sheer when I applied it, I don't have bad under eye circles but this did not cover them and went into fine lines...I can't return it so I think I will mix this with my bb cream to add more coverage. The shade I bought was also to light for me...maybe it can also add on as a brightening agent. My final thought is I will never buy this again and I also do not recommend it either...pretty disappointed. It was my first Mac product...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

(EDIT 1/29: Applied it with a concealer brush on my dark circles. This method actually gave coverage, but the coverage still wasn't good. But this is actually a good thing to me because completely covered dark circles looks extremely scarily unnatural on me--it covers just enough of my under eyes to still look natural on me! LOVE. Bumping up the rating from a 4 to a 5!)

I purchased this because I wanted something a little lighter and less cakey than Studio Finish, despite my immense love for it.
I was leaning towards Pro Longwear, but the whole pump-dispenses-too-much-product issue really didn't appeal to me.
So I bought Select Moisturecover, which is just right. It covers my blemishes amazingly well, from dark marks to the occasional pimple, but the best part about it that will make me repurchase is the fact that it looks SO natural! Its hydrating qualities are probably the reason for this. Not that other concealers look unnatural on me, but I didn't even know concealers could look like my own skin!
I'm not one that uses concealers for dark circles, but since Select Moisturecover's primary purpose is to hide dark circles, I tried it on mine, and it did absolutely nothing. Other than the fact that it somewhat settled into the lines (yes, I'm 17 and I've had fine lines under my eyes since age 11), it was like I had put nothing on at all. I tried to pat it on, rub it on, layer it, apply it and then blend out the edges--whatever I did, it didn't cover any of my dark circles. And my dark circles aren't even that bad in the first place!
Also, the wear time isn't very impressive. It only lasts for a few hours before it begins to fade. I can set it with a powder, but then it wouldn't look natural, and that would defeat the purpose of even wearing this concealer in the first place, since the only reason why I'd wear this instead of Studio Finish is because how natural it looks. Do you see my dilemma here? Lol.
I should also note that this runs a little dark...I'm NC35 and NC30 ended up being the perfect match for me (hence why it looks so natural!).
The packaging is just the typical concealer bottle with a doe's foot applicator.
It retails for $18 for a 0.17 oz. bottle.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by ktemly

This is the first concealer I have used from MAC.
I have tried other drugstore concealers in the past, but have always felt they made my face too cakey and 'made up' & I always struggled to find a colour that actually matched my skintone (NW20). I dont have a problem with pimples or any major skin issues, however I do have some pigmentation on my cheeks and some little red veins that I like to cover up completely (which in the past I've always done by building up my foundation).
I purchased this concealer last week as the MAC mua applied it to the apples of my cheeks & it looked great!
I have used it every day since and it continues to look great all the way up until the end of the day. I also like that it's hydrating and really comfortable to wear.
I will definately be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by xLuna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for a few weeks now, and I really like it. It's great for the undereye area, and if you blend it right it looks flawless. I don't use this on pimples though, cause since it's so moisturizing it just glides off. I've got oily skin, but this concealer stays on all the long. That is great, cause most of my concealers just glides off my oily skin, but this stays on. I'm not happy with the packaging at all. You get a small amount of product, and the "brush" is typically drugstore-package.
I would buy this again though, since I really like the coverage it gives to my undereye cirkles.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by goldenrose2

This is an average concealer. I can't comment on its ability to hide under eye circles as I didn't use it for this purpose. While it is possible for it to cover blemishes, I found that while it gave good coverage it wasn't very blendable and didn't blend very seamlessly into the skin. It feels comfortable on and does last but I found that it did oxidise over time. I will not buy this concealer again purely because I believe that there are betters out there more suited to me. A good first concealer but it did not wow me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by KarenDi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product accentuated my fine under eye lines. i think it would work well to cover blemishes or dark spots, and the color matched my skin wonderfully, BUT, i am returning the product (they applied in the store and I evaluated at the end of the day) and am continuing my quest for a concealer that improves my under eye appearance.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yuck! Settled into fine lines and didn't wear for any great length of time. Returned this baby!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 7:17:00 AM More reviews by RehamArfaj

I use this product for undereye area, it gives a medium coverage but doesn't look cakey at all plus it mosturize very well

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Goldenpale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use a light layer of this under my eyes and around my nose, just to even out redness and so on, and then I dont need any foundation, much quicker.
It blends nicely, has a medium coverage. Think Im on my third tube.
I dont like the packaging, would rather like a tube, dont think it is very hygenic, and ou dont get all the product out.