November 23, 2014 | 1548 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Moisturecover

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by FrancescaMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Provides OK coverage. Packaging leaves a lot of wastage. Not thick enough to cover dark circles well. Good for dry or dehydrated skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not very impressed. It should be good because it is pricey enough. It was rubbish. It had shockinly little coverage considering it is concealer. It is so hard to rub in. I actually peals off after a while. I saw no difference at all when I put it on one eye and not the other. I asked a few people which eye they could see concealer under and no on knew. It is not because I didn't put enough on either. Don't waste your money on this. There are much better concealers in drugstores for much less a price. Mine only ended up in the bin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Lillibell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my safety net <3
I do love this concealer. It's light (NC15), it's creamy and it's hydrating. The only concealer I've brought again, the only one that doesn't settle into my lines and the only one that goes on well with my foundation.
But the reason why I LOVE this so much is because it gives me confidence. My dark circles make me feel pretty crappy about myself sometimes, I won't ever be able to conceal them 100% because they're with me for life. But this concealer is my savior AND lasts me ages so I don't need to buy it a lot.
I like the doe-foot, makes it easy to apply where you need it, only thing I dislike is the packaging. It makes it difficult to use all the product, and it goes a bit orangy after about 3 months... But I think that's just because it lasts a long time and you should probably get a new concealer after that anyway!
xox

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by sweetiesweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Sheer and smudges.

My bottom eyeliner never ran until I started using this for un undereyes. Moisture MY ARSE IT ACCENTUATES FLAKES LIKE NO TOMORROW! I am disappoint u____u

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by RIX

Have just purchased this today in nc20. I wear sand or warm ivory in bb foundations and go up to ysl teint touche eclat bd50 in the summer. I consider that the shades in this concealer range run dark I may have been better getting nc15 however this colour will take me through ti the summer months. Onlyna small amount is needed especially good for mild discoloration on lids. I find if I apply this too close to my outer eyes they run a bit. Overall good coverage and I dont experience any settling in fine lines howeveer this isnt a big concern for me. Bb concealer are thicker and more heavy duty, nw shades run very orange innthis line and even ncs are quite dark in comparison to bb which is very yellow.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by aimage

I don't see anyone else writing this but I find that this product smells odd...and not in a good way. I really can't get over the smell. I wanted to try this because I really liked the maybelline mineral power concealer and it looked comparable. I assumed it would be better since it was higher end. Well I was wrong...it is sheer when I applied it, I don't have bad under eye circles but this did not cover them and went into fine lines...I can't return it so I think I will mix this with my bb cream to add more coverage. The shade I bought was also to light for me...maybe it can also add on as a brightening agent. My final thought is I will never buy this again and I also do not recommend it either...pretty disappointed. It was my first Mac product...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

(EDIT 1/29: Applied it with a concealer brush on my dark circles. This method actually gave coverage, but the coverage still wasn't good. But this is actually a good thing to me because completely covered dark circles looks extremely scarily unnatural on me--it covers just enough of my under eyes to still look natural on me! LOVE. Bumping up the rating from a 4 to a 5!)

I purchased this because I wanted something a little lighter and less cakey than Studio Finish, despite my immense love for it.
I was leaning towards Pro Longwear, but the whole pump-dispenses-too-much-product issue really didn't appeal to me.
So I bought Select Moisturecover, which is just right. It covers my blemishes amazingly well, from dark marks to the occasional pimple, but the best part about it that will make me repurchase is the fact that it looks SO natural! Its hydrating qualities are probably the reason for this. Not that other concealers look unnatural on me, but I didn't even know concealers could look like my own skin!
I'm not one that uses concealers for dark circles, but since Select Moisturecover's primary purpose is to hide dark circles, I tried it on mine, and it did absolutely nothing. Other than the fact that it somewhat settled into the lines (yes, I'm 17 and I've had fine lines under my eyes since age 11), it was like I had put nothing on at all. I tried to pat it on, rub it on, layer it, apply it and then blend out the edges--whatever I did, it didn't cover any of my dark circles. And my dark circles aren't even that bad in the first place!
Also, the wear time isn't very impressive. It only lasts for a few hours before it begins to fade. I can set it with a powder, but then it wouldn't look natural, and that would defeat the purpose of even wearing this concealer in the first place, since the only reason why I'd wear this instead of Studio Finish is because how natural it looks. Do you see my dilemma here? Lol.
I should also note that this runs a little dark...I'm NC35 and NC30 ended up being the perfect match for me (hence why it looks so natural!).
The packaging is just the typical concealer bottle with a doe's foot applicator.
It retails for $18 for a 0.17 oz. bottle.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by ktemly

This is the first concealer I have used from MAC.
I have tried other drugstore concealers in the past, but have always felt they made my face too cakey and 'made up' & I always struggled to find a colour that actually matched my skintone (NW20). I dont have a problem with pimples or any major skin issues, however I do have some pigmentation on my cheeks and some little red veins that I like to cover up completely (which in the past I've always done by building up my foundation).
I purchased this concealer last week as the MAC mua applied it to the apples of my cheeks & it looked great!
I have used it every day since and it continues to look great all the way up until the end of the day. I also like that it's hydrating and really comfortable to wear.
I will definately be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by xLuna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for a few weeks now, and I really like it. It's great for the undereye area, and if you blend it right it looks flawless. I don't use this on pimples though, cause since it's so moisturizing it just glides off. I've got oily skin, but this concealer stays on all the long. That is great, cause most of my concealers just glides off my oily skin, but this stays on. I'm not happy with the packaging at all. You get a small amount of product, and the "brush" is typically drugstore-package.
I would buy this again though, since I really like the coverage it gives to my undereye cirkles.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by goldenrose2

This is an average concealer. I can't comment on its ability to hide under eye circles as I didn't use it for this purpose. While it is possible for it to cover blemishes, I found that while it gave good coverage it wasn't very blendable and didn't blend very seamlessly into the skin. It feels comfortable on and does last but I found that it did oxidise over time. I will not buy this concealer again purely because I believe that there are betters out there more suited to me. A good first concealer but it did not wow me.