December 18, 2014 | 1749 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Danielleh

Absolutely wonderful! Really highlights the face! Expensive BUT it did last me almost 2 years - well worth the $80 i forked out for it in NZ.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Skylar100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased Bobbie Brown's Shimmerbrick in the pink shade and find it was a complete waste of money. I bought it on impulse at Sephora for $56.00 dollars as I loved the colors in the palette. However, when I wear it and I am medium complex, blonde with blue eyes, the highlighters don't show up enough to make a difference as check, face or eyeshadow highlighter. The brick just look pretty in the package and that's about it. Also when I have worn it, I haven't received any compliments probably because it doesn't really do much for me and no one seems to notice I have it on. The packaging could be better too, the brick is extremely fragile and can cause the shadows to break off. You have to be very careful when you use it and in storing the compact. I wouldn't bother to re-purchase the BB shimmerbrick again, as it doesn't do much as a highlighter for your face or eyelids, no real shimmer there. I can't find a use for it, would throw it out if it wasn't such a big investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Debi3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have found that using this with a fanbrush works best. I first put on BB cream blush in Stonewash Pink--which is kind of peachy pink/neutral, and then put the Rose Shimmerbrick over it. I can get away with a more pink blush if my cheeks are not really pink that day. I don't care for the brush that came with it. It seems to put it on in a streak and make it hard to blend, even without the cream blush under it. also, I like to use some of the pink shades at the darker end of the pallette on my brow bone, and the white on the eyelid, which opens up my eye. I am planning on getting Beach too. I think it will blend well over BB pale pink cream blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by rshim09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the Bronze one and been loving it so far. I use it on days when I want a little bronze with shimmer and don't use blush with it. I don't really like the lighter colors on top so I just just the bottom 3 colors. I think it's a great product and am thinking about using some of the colors as an eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by bumblebeebramley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in Copper Diamond (limited edition). I absolutely love it! Looks beautiful on my NC40/42 skin tone. It is a very versatile product! Adds a certain something to my face. The only negative I could find was that if you aren't careful, you can end up looking quite glittery (which isn't suitable in all situations). I would definitely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I got the pink quartz shimmer recently together with BB face blender brush. For some reason it tends to make my pores look huge. I use this sparingly. But when I`m photographed, it does look nice in pics... it gives me a nice sheen and glow ...very Hollywood red carpet!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love my BB Shimmer bricks. I have Pink Oyster, Bronze, Beige and Rose. I use the Rose as a blush, the Bronze to contour and the Beige and Pink Oyster as highlighters (particularly good in winter).

I have Oily/Combo skin with some visible pores around my nose and cheeks. I always make sure I have prepped my skin and set it with a translucent finishing powder before I apply any shimmer brick product. Doing this makes the highlighter go on smoother and stops it from sinking in to my pores or making my blemishes obvious.

The bricks last ages - for example I use the Bronze Shimmer Brick almost every day and after 6 months its not even half-finished. Although Bobbi Brown is expensive the cost per use for this product is economical.

I would recommend buying the Bronze first if you are new to shimmer bricks. I have pale skin (NC15-20) and as a bronzer it is not at all orange or harshly coloured. It blends seemlessly.

My least favorite of all my bricks is Beige - it's OK as a highlighter but I think for my skin tone I need the pale pink shades to warm my complexion.

I also prefer my Pink Oyster to the Guerlain Meteorites Perles Powder in teint rose. Awesome product if used properly! A+++

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by alissss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love these shimmer bricks. I have Nectar, which has coral tones and tawny, which is more of a neutral, similar to the photo here. They both give a lovely glow applied like a bronzer. They're shimmery but definitely OK for daytime use. You can find them cheap sometimes and you only need a tiny but, I can't imagine running out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by kristiannarj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product!

Gives a subtle shimmer, while at the same time also gives a kind of dewy look.

applied above cheekbones, and just a bit down the nose, gives that extra something!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I just got Pink Quartz shimmerbrick to replace Pink shimmerbrick which I found to be too chalky. A lot of changes have been made in these shimmerbrick colours (sandstone and pink are discontinued) in order to get things right. I think this Pink Quartz is going to do the job because it is softer than the pink and more flattering than the sandstone for my complexion (fair) anyway. I have tried to use individual bands for eyeshadow but they just don't seem to make it; they all look too glittery for eyeshadow.