Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

4.1

Caprylic/Capric Triglycerid. Zea Mays (Corn) Starch. Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate. Nylon 12. Dipentaeythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinare. Isostearyl Isostearate. Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate. Talc. Sorbitan Stearate. Water\Aqua\Eu. Polyacrylamide. C13-14 Isoparaffin. Polyvinyl Alcohol. Bytylene Glycol. Laureth-7. Tin Oxide. Sodium Benzoate. Sodiym Dehydroacetate. Phenoxyethanol. Methyparaben. Ethylparaben. Proplyparaben. Butylparaben.

on 10/27/2011 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

The colors are really beautiful. I found them too shimmery in combination (which was pretty disappointing), so I've been using them as individual eye shadows. That is, until they all crumbled and fell out of the compact. I'm pretty delicate with all my products so I definitely think this is the fault of the packaging, and is the reason why I wouldn't repurchase. Lovely big mirror though!

on 10/12/2011 3:25:00 PM

These are crazy amazing. I reviewed Beige and Nectar separately, too - these give the most subtle glow when swiped only once (I use the BB Bronzer brush, it is big but I swipe it only on top of the cheekbone, and it works perfectly - smaller highlighter brushes work well, too), and can be intensified for the evening.

I wore nectar for my wedding day - photographs in a lovely way. gives a subtle glow, nothing glittery. I like Beige even better, which promises candlelight glow and really delivers. Am in love, simply put!

P.s. I never use this heavily layered - on its own, but 1 to a max. of 3 swipes, this is a use I rarely do, though. Mostly I combine them with bronzer as a blush or contour, or with regular blush (for evenings bronzer+blush+shimmerbrick), on top of the cheekbone only. The BB mua said this could be used to spice up a dull blush on top, too, but I have not used it this way. Anyways based on some reviews who say their cheeks look muddy when they apply too much - I think this really shines when used as an extra to some other colour on the cheek - or solo, but sparingly used!

on 8/9/2011 7:11:00 PM

Absolutely wonderful! Really highlights the face! Expensive BUT it did last me almost 2 years - well worth the $80 i forked out for it in NZ.

on 7/23/2011 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased Bobbie Brown's Shimmerbrick in the pink shade and find it was a complete waste of money. I bought it on impulse at Sephora for $56.00 dollars as I loved the colors in the palette. However, when I wear it and I am medium complex, blonde with blue eyes, the highlighters don't show up enough to make a difference as check, face or eyeshadow highlighter. The brick just look pretty in the package and that's about it. Also when I have worn it, I haven't received any compliments probably because it doesn't really do much for me and no one seems to notice I have it on. The packaging could be better too, the brick is extremely fragile and can cause the shadows to break off. You have to be very careful when you use it and in storing the compact. I wouldn't bother to re-purchase the BB shimmerbrick again, as it doesn't do much as a highlighter for your face or eyelids, no real shimmer there. I can't find a use for it, would throw it out if it wasn't such a big investment.

on 7/22/2011 7:27:00 PM

I have found that using this with a fanbrush works best. I first put on BB cream blush in Stonewash Pink--which is kind of peachy pink/neutral, and then put the Rose Shimmerbrick over it. I can get away with a more pink blush if my cheeks are not really pink that day. I don't care for the brush that came with it. It seems to put it on in a streak and make it hard to blend, even without the cream blush under it. also, I like to use some of the pink shades at the darker end of the pallette on my brow bone, and the white on the eyelid, which opens up my eye. I am planning on getting Beach too. I think it will blend well over BB pale pink cream blush.

on 7/21/2011 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got the Bronze one and been loving it so far. I use it on days when I want a little bronze with shimmer and don't use blush with it. I don't really like the lighter colors on top so I just just the bottom 3 colors. I think it's a great product and am thinking about using some of the colors as an eyeshadow.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in Copper Diamond (limited edition). I absolutely love it! Looks beautiful on my NC40/42 skin tone. It is a very versatile product! Adds a certain something to my face. The only negative I could find was that if you aren't careful, you can end up looking quite glittery (which isn't suitable in all situations). I would definitely buy again!

on 7/21/2011 2:07:00 AM

I got the pink quartz shimmer recently together with BB face blender brush. For some reason it tends to make my pores look huge. I use this sparingly. But when I`m photographed, it does look nice in pics... it gives me a nice sheen and glow ...very Hollywood red carpet!

on 7/9/2011 11:58:00 PM

I love my BB Shimmer bricks. I have Pink Oyster, Bronze, Beige and Rose. I use the Rose as a blush, the Bronze to contour and the Beige and Pink Oyster as highlighters (particularly good in winter).

I have Oily/Combo skin with some visible pores around my nose and cheeks. I always make sure I have prepped my skin and set it with a translucent finishing powder before I apply any shimmer brick product. Doing this makes the highlighter go on smoother and stops it from sinking in to my pores or making my blemishes obvious.

The bricks last ages - for example I use the Bronze Shimmer Brick almost every day and after 6 months its not even half-finished. Although Bobbi Brown is expensive the cost per use for this product is economical.

I would recommend buying the Bronze first if you are new to shimmer bricks. I have pale skin (NC15-20) and as a bronzer it is not at all orange or harshly coloured. It blends seemlessly.

My least favorite of all my bricks is Beige - it's OK as a highlighter but I think for my skin tone I need the pale pink shades to warm my complexion.

I also prefer my Pink Oyster to the Guerlain Meteorites Perles Powder in teint rose. Awesome product if used properly! A+++

on 7/4/2011 3:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love these shimmer bricks. I have Nectar, which has coral tones and tawny, which is more of a neutral, similar to the photo here. They both give a lovely glow applied like a bronzer. They're shimmery but definitely OK for daytime use. You can find them cheap sometimes and you only need a tiny but, I can't imagine running out.