October 22, 2014 | 993 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - Buffy the Backside Slayer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Buffy the backside slayer is a body butter/exfoliator that is to be used in the shower. You can apply to your wet skin, rinsse off and then it emparts a softness to the skin. This exfoliator is very abrasive. I used it on my arms and on my legs after shaving. I cut my bar into smaller pieces because I had read that it will melt easily. It did melt but not as much as I thought it would. I had to be gentle with this, it felt like it was ripping my skin off at first. After I rinsed off all the grittiness, I patted the areas dry with a towel. My skin felt so soft and smooth. I love it. I don't really get any strong smell from this, the smell to me, is faint. It has almost a medicinal smell but it quickly faded and all I was left with was soft skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by bricupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING. I use it on my backside and legs after shaving and it moisturizes and buffs my skin very well. My only complaint is that it melts tooo quickly in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by SyntheticNessa

I have repurchased this item (which is interesting since its rather expensive at $18AUD).
Nothing works like it though, and it lasts SO long, making it worthwhile (one regular-sized bar lasted me 1 year, using about 3-5 times a month).
I use it on my legs for the few days after I shave, it eliminates the itchiness I sometimes get from shaving, and stops any ingrown hairs. It also moisturises AMAZINGLY and smells freaking awesome (lavender-y). I'm a massive fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by krispykreme90

I decided to purchase this after reading rave reviews on it, especially since it was suppose to exfoliate the rough and dry areas of the skin and leave a butter like feel afterwards.

After my first time using it, I was smitten. My legs have always been rough and dry and no amount of moisturiser or shower gel/soap could ever leave it smooth and buttery soft like Buffy has.

After using it, you wouldn't need to moisturise as it does this for you. I still cant believe I have lived without this gem for soo long. It's a definite must have bath/shower product.

The only problem I have had is that it runs out quite quick.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS
- left the skin soft
- not a greasy feeling
- did not have to apply moisturizer afterwards
- nice exfoliating factor
- non abrasive
- love the oily feeling as you rinse it off although when you come out of the washroom it is non greasy
- smooth application - melts upon skin contact
- decrease my razor bumps (although I have not shaved in years)

CONS
- can be used up quickly
-$10/bar
-smell is alright not amazing

I recommend that you turn off your tap before using the bar because it'll melt super quickly. I use this every other day after I gently scrub myself down with a loofa & shower gel. This is the last step in my whole shower routine and I love it. I do it every other day just because I do not want to over exfoliate my skin and because this stuff is expensive and melts way too quickly. Make sure it is store away from water and away from heat.

Start: Nov2012

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by soapsaholic09

This soap kicks ass - especially if you have keratosis pilaris like I do. No, it's not a cure, but it will soften your bumps and make your skin feel great. The soap smells like coconut, and contains little beads that serve to exfoliate the skin. It will leave you feeling greasy at first, but if you give it sometime to absorb, you'll find your skin feeling soft and moisturized. I have to agree with @TheMoonBunny - it is easy to overdo it. Depending on how your skin reacts to the soap, definitely consider using it in moderation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I like Buffy as a moisturizer but not for exfoliating. It has a nice scent and I really don't use it in the shower and that's how lush recommends to use Buffy. Also careful this literally melts in your hands and can leave you greasy but I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by TheMoonBunny

I've been using this product for about 2 years now.

PROS
--- exfoliates skin
--- leaves behind a light layer of shea butter to moisturize
--- amazing on my bottom and thighs
--- large sized bar lasts me up to six months (using it 2-3x per week)

CONS
--- feels greasy at first when you get out of the shower because it takes 7-10 mins to absorb
--- easy to over do it! A little goes a long, long way with this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by underage

I usually dislike Lush products but I love this one! The scrub can be a little bit harsh but not too bad. I like to rub it in my hand first and then on my skin. The smell is kind of earthy but not too overpowering like the other Lush scent. It wears off a little after the shower. It does leave a greasy feeling after but it sinks into your skin and leave it feeling so soft! I mostly like this for the moisturizing aspects not the exfoliation. I'd definitely repurchase it! I recommend purchasing the tin (for $3 I think?). It helps the product last longer and not slip around in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by starlet1209

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

OMG! This prduct is fantastic! It makes my faky dry legs in the winter months feel moisturized and supple!
The exfoliating power is just right, and the smell is just lovely!
The only thing that breaks my heart is that it's 20$ (or so) CAD. So I try to use it sparingly, but I will def repurchase!