September 2, 2014 | 953 users online

Fragrances - Hermes - Un Jardin sur le Nil

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by kelvinbridgesue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My favourite for spring/ summer - light citrus/ mango that always gets compliments. The price is the only drawback. Unfortunately the duty-frees I frequent don't have a wide range outside the high street brands but if I keep asking maybe they will stock...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I nearly bought this scent online, based on all the glowing reviews, without trying it out myself first. But thankfully I managed to get a sample of it before splurging. All I smell is a sour grapefruit note for the first three hours followed by a boring floral drydown. I really wanted to like this one as I need a good summer-y scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2010 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Kcairns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Citrus notes are always a bit hit or miss for me. I'm not against citrus if it's done well but I am very wary of the nasty 'lemon pledge' tone a lot of citrus fragrances resort to and also have a bit of an aversion to anything too sour. I find the citrus in sur le nil to be delicious, refreshing and addictive and I can definitely see why it seems to be popular with those who don't often appreciate citrus based scents. Having never been fortunate enough to have smelt green mangoes on the tree, I interpret the top notes as something close to grapefruit. But this is no ordinary grapefruit note - not harsh or cheap smelling in any way. It has a juicy, refreshing feel at the top that follows through to the far drydown, while the middle notes introduce a light floral note (presumably Lotus, which I am not usually a fan of, but which is just right) with some light and airy wood notes and just a hint of incense at the base.
My bottle is just a little 15ml spray so I'll definitely be obtaining more to see me through the summer months. Many have said how suited this scent is to warm weather but I also find it works so well when the weather's wet - any kind of humidity makes the notes bloom on my skin. Just a lovely well crafted fragrance you could wear anywhere. Longevity is fantastic for EDT - I applied before a 10 hour shift at work and it was still present when I got home!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Rhythm21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my roommate's signature scent and I loved it so much on her. Every time I went through an Hermes store, I would spritz it, thinking of her. It smells very different on me than it did on her. On her, I did not smell any sweetness or citrus, it was just ethereal yet addictive. On me, it smells like sweet clean baby skin, with a hint of tomato leaves. I think on both of us, it is amazing. At the duty free store, it was $74 for the 50ML (1.6oz) and $103 for the 100ML.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm usually not a fan of citrus scents but I wanted something light and fresh for spring so I decided to spluge on this based on the great reviews I have seen. I am not disappointed. It is fresh and light but still has a warm spicy dry down that I love. I have worn this scent every day for a week and I have gotten a compliment on how I smell every day. That has never happened with any other fragrance I own. I think this will be an even better scent come summer when it gets hot and humid. I bought the smaller size bottle but will definitely splurge on the large size when this bottle is done.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by marikah

I was serching for perfect spring/summer scent forever!! and finally found one.
I read so many good reviews about this and really wanted to try, but my local stores don't have this so had to gamble.
Without testing I ordered 3.3oz bottle. and am glad I did!!
I was worried about the top note because lots of people said it's too sharp and green and clear. I usually love sweet, heavy scent and hadn't used light, unsweet perfume for so long. Also not a fan of citrus type of scent.
But all my worries were gone once I sprayed.
I didn't find it sharp in any way. It even came out sweet. It's sweet and warm, yet very clean and light. and SO unique.
I'm tempted to buy Un Jardin En Mediterranee too since I like fig..now that I know UJsN smells wonderful, am not so worried to buy that one unsniffed too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by neekun

This is my second bottle of UJSLN, the first was 50ml bottle where I finished it in six months. So this time I got myself a 100ml bottle :)

The scent is extremely fresh, bursting with green mangoes for the first 30 minutes. Then slowly the scent becomes a bit soft where for me its like the smell of green grass on a fresh cool morning. Overall the scent is very unique and it's totally addicted!

Talk about addiction, I discovered that Rich Damson burner oil from Marks & Spencer smells surprisingly similar to UJSLN. Now I am using that in my room where I can totally surrounded by the scent haha! But i guess Rich Damson is a limited edition where now I can't find it in the local Marks & Spencer store :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, this is one complicated perfume. It’s almost as if this fragrance has mood swings, I can’t quite put my finger on it. While usually this perfume smells fresh and vibrant, at times it does get heavy and a bit overwhelming. On "good" days, this fragrance is very lovely: fresh, with a soft touch of fruit and spice, a splash of citrus and a sprinkle of pepper. I love this perfume for its uniqueness, and the bottle is very lovely. Overall, a magnificent fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by mhcg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Real Mango so fresh... summer
As I live in Brazil and the climate here is hot this fresh scent is adorable.
I always get complains from my work.
7/10 sillage.
7/10 power/duration.
I keep a 3.3 reserve bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Jonayla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

First time I pick up this product on airport in Paris. Okey, it`s expensive... But I absolutely love it! It`s fresh, but is not those citrus fresh scents what I hate. Even it including green grapefruit. It`s reminds me also fresh summer mornings, little bit shoot dew on the ground. I`m BIG fan scents with roses and this have also hint of that. This is the fragrance what I only travel with.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No