April 17, 2014 | 1834 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Mineral Face Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by chindy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great powder! It has a great coverage which you can control depending on how you apply it (I use a couple diffrerent brushes). It doesn't look cakey or dry and I have not had ANY breakout issues with this powder. My only complaint (and its kind of a big one) is the packaging! Its terrible!! First of all, the brush that comes with it is useless. Extremely stiff and strangely shaped. Next, the mirror is under the product so you constantly have to flip back and forth to apply. Lastly, I have had 3 of these break on me already. I didn't drop them or anything but all of a sudden its all cracked and loose. I'm not sure if the packaging has anything to do with this but its a pain having to constantly buy new ones. I actually started carrying it in a ziploc bag in my purse. But even with all that, I keep buying them because the powder itself is worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by papercrane97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

overall i really do like this product. it doesn't cake or look too light or orange on me. i stay matte longer because my skin isn't clogged by the chemicals. the brush is a bit scratchy and the pan is loose in the case but those are minor issues and the product works well enough that they aren't deal breakers :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Lalatrue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product has its strengths and weaknesses like every other. If you are very bothered by lux make-up brands foundations and poweders because the clog your pores, this can be a good product for you! I have a collection of chanel, dior, givenchy, benefit, estee lauder, guerlain and other foundations and they all look great on my skin but they are not for everyday use because they just cement my pores and I am too tired of this battle with blackheads.
I am using this powder for a month now and I am very happy with it! My skin became much clearer since I started to use it. I also use their mineral wear blush. Both products do not contain talc and dimethicone, which cause acne in my case. I use translucent because all other tones are too dark for me. Another plus - it doesn't highlight my big pores. I use blot paper during lunch and I do not add any powder on my face, it looks very natural. I like that it has SPF and I can apply some powder on my face before to come out of office. The only dislikes - it has particles of different color, which I think are supposed to be mixed and produce some average color of both. When you use it to the middle layer only one (dark) color is predominantly left, so it is slightly darker tone than when you start using it. It also quite soft powder, not hard pressed, so applying it on the way is almost impossible - you will end up with powder on your clothes. As all other said the brush sold with it is useless, but as I do not need any extra touch-ups, I do not care about it. Btw, my skin is very oily and it stays on my face all day. So I really recommend this product as it is much easier to apply comparing to other loose mineral foundations with similar minimalistic list of ingredients (w/o dimethicone). I was concerned about mica, but it absolutely doesn't clog my pores, so probably I am lucky. It also 16SPF and relatively cheap, though not easy to buy in Europe, but extra shipping cost from US is worth it. I recommend you to try both foundation and blush, but be careful because other blushes contain talc and also the finish powder is not for acne prone skin because contains starch. Though I do not need this finishing veil.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Jake54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my second compact of this powder in Beige. Amazing, I almost never do that. I use it to set my foundation, not on its own. I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer all over my face for the retinol and SPF. The retinol really helps keep my cystic acne under control. Then I apply foundation over the areas where I need more coverage and Mac Studio Finish Concealer NC20 (with yet more SPF) over my acne marks I'm trying to fade. Then this finishing powder. Looks great! The color Beige matches me perfectly. I also have this in Translucent but it is a bit white on me. The compact itself does not seem terribly sturdy so I use it only at home with a Real Techniques brush (not the sponge). In my purse, I carry Clinique powder because it also provides great coverage and SPF, but the compact is stronger and the mirror easier to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Taffy98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first mineral makeup, and I have to say that I really like it. I really feel that my skin can breath under this powder, yet it provides a reasonable coverage. It also comes with a mirror and applicator brush underneath the product. It's a bit pricey at about $14, but I think its certainly worth it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by maekay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Had sort of a strange, dry matte finish and so pricey! I got it for 40% off at CVS a couple weeks ago. I've been wanting to try a Physician's Formula pressed powder for some time and finally hit a sale. Too bad it looked kind of unnatural (like a soft film of powder) AND started breaking me out! No thanks! Returned it pronto and went back to my tried and true Maybelline Dream Matte pressed powder---has a more natural finish while still being oil absorbing and about half the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I'm on the fence about this. It doesn't do exactly what I want it to.
Pros:
-Sheer coverage that evens out skin tone
-Lasts all day (my oil barely peeks through at the end of the day just giving this a dewy finish instead of the matte it starts out being)
-Does not break out my acne-prone skin
-Does not transfer onto clothing (big Pro for me)

Cons:
-Does not cover large pores
-Does not cover redness
-need to use a different applicator (that little brush does not work with this)
-use a light hand too heavy of a hand can make this look cakey/powdery
-Settles into fine lines (I have very fine "marionette" lines by my mouth and this settles into them and makes them more obvious)

Since I'm just waking up and having a coffee, I'll add more to the list. I have to say that it's an okay powder over all. I just wish it'd cover a bit more. I'm still trying to find a decent concealer that works with me (most cake). So with that being said I'm leaving my overall at a 4 with a "yes" for re-buying. I haven't found a single face product to use as a foundation that won't transfer onto white. This is it. For those who want oil control this is fantastic and if you want to be completely matte all day you will need to touch up once (or maybe twice if you're extremely oily).
4/14/12 update: I've since tucked this away. It's not a bad powder but I hate that it settles into fine lines and doesn't cover redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by megieroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay I edited this review because my other review just did not give this product justice. I just want to state that I have very sensitive pale (assuming NW 5-10) combo skin. It's very clog prone and picky.

For the positives this powder has never broken me out, it provides decent coverage. I have some clogs on my forehead and it almost blurs them out. This powder probably lasts ~5 hours without touch up and touching up on slightly oily skin is great, it seems like it blends a bit better.

The only few bad things about this product are that the compact is a bit bulky, the powder is a bit powdery (dusty, my dresser gets a bit on it - also means the powder can get cakey if you pile it on) and that I can't wear it in the winter because it's a bit orange. I have to brush at the paler part of the powder and hope for the best, if not I look awful.

Now that it's summer I am so happy that can wear this again. I just wish PF would put out a paper white shade or something. So if you have 'normal' colour skin... that doesn't look like snow, give this powder a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

Came across this powder while surfing the boards and I'm so thankful for finding it! I have some redness in my face and this provides excellent coverage without looking cakey. I use the e.l.f. big kabuki brush to dust it on over my foundation. Perfect for touch ups thru the day. Plan to try it as my foundation soon I love it so well. Exceeds most high end powders, a must try!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by EmiBoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, I did Not expect to like this product. At all.
To begin, I have extremely acne prone, semi-oily skin that has big pores. I have been using Revlon Colorstay to cover my acne scarring and pimples but decided i should try somrthing a little more natural and let my skin breathe by just using a powder on the days im not going anywhere.
Love this powder. In my opinion it is even better than Jane Iredale.
PROS:
-Vey smooth, silky finish
-Not cakey looking (when blended well)
-Mostly naturally derived ingredients
-Does not aggrivate my acne prone skin
-Evens out complexion very well
CONS
-Packaging is a little odd (mirror is underneathe and is very awkward for application)
-Powder can shatter easily
-Can be a bit messy (powder will fly everywhere if you swirl a brush in it)

HOW I GET MY FLAWLESS LOOK:
-Start with moisturizer and primer
-Conceal any areas of redness/blemishes/scarring/dark circles w/liquid concealer
-Press flat top blending brush into face powder and buff it into skin in upward circular motions
-Wait 15 minutes between building up coverage

BEAUTIFUL! Will repurchase :)