September 30, 2014 | 1112 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by kendallr123

I use this powder in translucent and it does the job well with some blending. The added SPF is a major positive aspect for me as i use it in conjunction with an SPF moisturizer. It goes on smoothly and stays on for most of the day. it does not make my face look powdery, and is not thick, but the perfect amount of light coverage. the only thing im not crazy about is the compact design. the mirror and brush are located below the powder disk, so i feel like i lift the dish up to use the brush, spilling powder (this can get very loose once you get dusting). i usually use is with a separate mirror compact.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by emily822

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i use this with a cirley sponge . it gives me greatttt coverage medium buildable does nottt get cakey so you can pack it onnn .veryy impressed it is my HG . i tried so many powders and this tops them allllll . i have dry skin but works so good with me . alll you need to do it moiusterize and prime . stays on for around 6 hours then starts to fade. no smell yay! . its lasted me about 2 and a half months before i saw pan peaking through. great product worth the price but better with coupon. :D definatley recomend it i use it in buff beige perect match . repurchasingg!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Impressive, excellent powder - I wear this in Buff Beige for summer or Creamy Natural in the winter (NC25-30 in MAC, Bobbi Brown Beige for reference). It's the softest powder I've ever used, almost like butter on my brush. it. It has an SPF of 16 with 6% Titanium Dioxide and 4.2% Zinc Oxide, making it perfect for touching up during the day for a bit of extra SPF protection.

Very soft on skin too, natural looking and not dusty or drying. I prefer this to MAC's careblend powder or even La Mer's loose powder which I use as well, but found these a bit too "dusty" - the PF one is almost cream-like, fluffy and you only need to lightly tap your brush against the compact to pick it up, no digging or repeated brush mashing. Be careful not to drop this one as mentioned above, as it is quite soft, creamy and and may break easily, although this has never happened to me (yet!). It has light coverage. I use it alone just to prevent an oily t-zone or to even out my skin and also to set foundation without that heavy look and feel of powder.

In all honesty - this is the only powder I've used which does not emphasize or cause dry patches nor feel heavy, and having combination skin, I've tried so many different types of powders I have lost count. Before leaving my house in the mornings, I always check my skin in a mirror beside a window to see if everything is blended well and if any make-up is visible in natural daylight - and this passes my test. I hope they never discontinue this powder, I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used a lot of brands in mineral foundations but this is one of the best. Although, I have used BE for many years, I was not happy with the color selection. The shades are either too yellow or too pink, even in the neutral category. I am somewhat NC30 but not as yellow. I use Buff Beige which is the exact match for me. The other great benefit to this is that it lasts on my skin for hours. I have to use a primer for BE but I don't need one for this. I would say that this is a great product for people with oily skin. Also, your brush has to be made for minerals unless the whole product goes to waste. Highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

UPDATE 2:
I sadly must report that this DID end up breaking me out :( This would have been perfect if it didnt.... 3/5
***********************************************
UPDATE:
I wore this 2 days in a row and the lasting power really is phenomenal. On day 1 I put it on at 10AM, didnt need to touch up until 3:30PM, and it looked great when I took it off at 7:30PM. Thats about 91/2 hours! Today I put it on at 6:30AM and touched up at 11:30AM, which was 5 hours of wear without needing to touch up, which is great. However, I have noticed my skin itches a little bit when I put it on and I am forming a new pimple, but I am still not sure if it was caused by this makeup. Will update when I come to a conclusion.
***********************************************
Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Combo/Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $15 at CVS, which is a bit pricey for the drugstore :/
COVERAGE: I use the ELF mineral powder brush with this and I get a nice medium coverage out of it. I only use concealer under my eyes and a bit on my nose and any super large blemishes I have.
FINISH: I moisturize before I use this, and when I put this on I get a satin finish and its really pretty!!! My skin has dimension but also looks flawless and healthy
TEXTURE: Its powdery but blends very well.
SPF: 16
LASTING POWER: I wore this out to a club and it did not budge one bit! I was dancing and out pretty late, too
SHADES: This is one of the downfalls. I have this in "Creamy Natural", which luckily suits me pretty well. But they do not have a very wide variety of shades
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: So far, so clear :)
PACKAGING: A little bulky and fragile, but I still enjoy pressed powders for the convenience of travel
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Yes
FINAL VERDICT: I am really impressed with this. My skin has been pretty decent lately so I havent been wearing foundation, but sometimes I want something light that will give my skin a more "polished" look, evens out my skin, lasts through my day and doesnt break me out and this is it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at the beginning of summer to use in place of my liquid foundations. Living in the south, during summer, just about melts foundation off. So I switched to powder. I bought this in Translucent....and it isn't translucent. It is around a shade or so too dark for me (imagine my surprise at being fairer than "translucent")! It also has a yellow tone to it, while my fair skin is pink toned. However the coverage of this product is good at a medium buildable range. I apply it with a round sponge as a brush can cause a powdery mess with this soft powder (the trick is to tap the brush into the powder, don't swirl it). It does a decent job keeping me matte and holding up to southern summer days full of 90 degree and up days with 95%+ humidity. It's just a shame I don't have a match and that the price is so high ($13-14 where I live) on this little compact.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by ahundredindecisions

I used to LOVE this pressed powder and for years it was my HG. The translucent light shade was perfect for my pale/neutral skin and it had sheer (though buildable), non-chalky coverage. I have very sensitive, combo skin and previously this never caused breakouts or dried me out.

However, the most recent compact I purchased is nothing like the product I fell in love with. It now has a very chalky/powdery finish and doesn't blend well at all. I've also noticed dry, flakey spots on my cheeks since using the new compact. I'm hoping that I just got a 'bad batch' and that Physician's Formula hasn't changed the formulation. I'll continue to use it for now but I'm on the hunt for something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

I bought this in sand beige for summer when I'm tan. It works great and doesn't break out my sensitive skin. I just bought the translucent shade for the upcoming winter months and it's the very hard to find 'for super sensitive skin' type. (I bought the LAST ONE) I'm excited to try it out! I will update when I begin using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

powder foundation is my favorite type of foundation...this review is only about the one for EXTRA SENSITIVE SKIN. I buy this in beige. it is a good color match for me. It is nice and cool, somewhat ashy toned. I like that look. I wear this currently. it gives a great natural finish and has great coverage. the extra sensitive skin is much harder to find...the regular sensitive skin, gives me a reaction and drys my skin out.

i have always believed that if the quality of the minerals or the powder isnt so great than buy in a compact. if it is bare minerals, i always like it loose. i think the packaging is too bulky and reminds me of a ufo. dont care for it.

you can use this pretty liberally compared to bare minerals. nice creamy consistency. i now can't wait to try Jane iredale

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by madscientist01

This is a product I have been using faithfully for about 6 years.

I LOVE that this product is so sheer. That's something you'll either love or hate. Personally I think it's great because I don't have to look like i'm wearing foundation when i'm not. I hate high coverage powders for that reason. If I want to look like I have foundation on, I'll wear foundation.

There isn't anything for darker skinned ladies unfortunately, but if you're fairer skinned, it's a great product. I always forget what shade I bought the previous time, but somehow it always seems like the right colour. You can't really go wrong.

I love that it's oil free, and has never broken me out or given me any type of adverse reaction.

I love the packaging! The little brush is garbage and I always toss them, but I love the compact. Good sized mirror in there. I highly recommend trying out this product!