November 23, 2014 | 2040 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Face Powder SPF 16

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by arlenerubio27

This is one of my favorite products. It is light and natural looking on my skin. I use this as my bronzer and I use this in the Sand Beige finish. I have dry, acne prone skin and this keeps me looking fresh and flawless. The packaging is a bit bulky for me since I never use the build in brush it comes with but the mirror is a nice feature. I find this product in most CVS stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Femmeboi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I could kiss Physicians Formula! This is literally magic in a compact. I have very fair, sensitive, acne-prone skin that can never make up its mind in terms of being oily or dry. Somehow, this lovely sheer formula just smooths out all of these issues and makes my face look naturally seamless, glowy, and beautiful, without irritating my skin at all. After putting moisturizer on, I use a big, fluffy brush to smooth it across my face. Sometimes a little is all I need, but it's also very buildable and you can layer a lot on and really get an airbrushed look without looking cakey at all. I use it to set my undereye concealer too and it's perfect. I don't wear liquid foundation that often, but when i do, a light dusting of this works perfectly for setting it. It's also great for touch ups during the day and it definitely matifies oily skin. Press a finger to the compact and you'll see that the actual powder is incredibly soft and refined. This compact works so well for me that I don't even feel the need to search for any others, especially not a high end compact when I know I get spectacular payoff from a drugstore product. And It doesn't feel like I'm wearing makeup at all. I hope they never change it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by graciapaige

I really like this product on the days I have school and don't want to put on a full face of makeup. Its very light weight and needs minimal touch ups throughout the day. I find that it does get cakey if I touch up more than twice.
But it broke me out terribly if I didn't have moisturizer and a primer on. If it sat on my skin with no barrier, I would wake up the next day with at least five new breakouts. I'm not to found of that aspect of this powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Magnificus

I bought this in "translucent" but this powder is not translucent at all. I put a light dusting all over my face and my face is significantly lighter than my neck. It also looks really cakey and has this odd sheen to it. It looks like this would be better used as a natural highlighter than for all over the face because it makes you look ... plasticky?? It's not a cute look. The packaging is a little large and clunky, but at least the snap closure is really tight and secure! I wouldn't purchase this again and I wouldn't recommend this to anyone else. Plus, it's really expensive for a drugstore product. I purchased mine at Walmart for $13? Definitely taking it back and getting a refund.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was using Rimmel Stay Matte powder for a long time, but I found that most of them have a slight pink tint to them (too pink for my skin).

This powder is the first that has even been a match for my pale, peachy, yet yellow colored complexion. When I check my reflection in my car mirror, my face matches my neck! (Translucent Light)

I love the minimal ingredients in this color in particular. The darker colors seem to have other things added, like parabens. This is also the best setting powder I have ever used. My makeup seriously doesn't budge at all the whole day. I've never witnessed the phenomenon, and thought that long lasting face makeup was merely a myth. Rimmel is great, but my oil would come through after a couple of hours.

My only gripe is the price. Their brand has always been the "high-end" of the drugstore for me. They are usually part of the aisle I never partake in, regardless of where I am. Working part-time, it is hard to drop a lot of money in general, especially on one thing. Most people may not relate to this, but handing the guy $15 at CVS the other day made me die on the inside a little.

Maybe it's for the fabulous packaging. Each one comes with a mirror, and a second compartment for a brush -- that I use to dust my keyboard. I wish they sold packaging with refills, because their packaging is super strong. It seems like such a waste to me.

This being said, getting the most out of my foundation is so worth it to me in the end. After unloading trucks at work, in a stock room with no AC, I don't have to wash off my half melted face makeup and redo it over again for class, wasting foundation. I will invest the $11-$13 dollars for this, as long as they make it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by abiburgess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I FREAKIN LOVE THIS POWDER. I've been looking for a full-coverage powder so that I can wear just that without foundation, and this one's been great! It hasn't broken me out, it looks nice, and I don't end up too oily! It's a little pricey ($11.00 ish?) but I, personally, think it's worth it, because it's lasted a long time for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by kendallr123

I use this powder in translucent and it does the job well with some blending. The added SPF is a major positive aspect for me as i use it in conjunction with an SPF moisturizer. It goes on smoothly and stays on for most of the day. it does not make my face look powdery, and is not thick, but the perfect amount of light coverage. the only thing im not crazy about is the compact design. the mirror and brush are located below the powder disk, so i feel like i lift the dish up to use the brush, spilling powder (this can get very loose once you get dusting). i usually use is with a separate mirror compact.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by emily822

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i use this with a cirley sponge . it gives me greatttt coverage medium buildable does nottt get cakey so you can pack it onnn .veryy impressed it is my HG . i tried so many powders and this tops them allllll . i have dry skin but works so good with me . alll you need to do it moiusterize and prime . stays on for around 6 hours then starts to fade. no smell yay! . its lasted me about 2 and a half months before i saw pan peaking through. great product worth the price but better with coupon. :D definatley recomend it i use it in buff beige perect match . repurchasingg!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Impressive, excellent powder - I wear this in Buff Beige for summer or Creamy Natural in the winter (NC25-30 in MAC, Bobbi Brown Beige for reference). It's the softest powder I've ever used, almost like butter on my brush. it. It has an SPF of 16 with 6% Titanium Dioxide and 4.2% Zinc Oxide, making it perfect for touching up during the day for a bit of extra SPF protection.

Very soft on skin too, natural looking and not dusty or drying. I prefer this to MAC's careblend powder or even La Mer's loose powder which I use as well, but found these a bit too "dusty" - the PF one is almost cream-like, fluffy and you only need to lightly tap your brush against the compact to pick it up, no digging or repeated brush mashing. Be careful not to drop this one as mentioned above, as it is quite soft, creamy and and may break easily, although this has never happened to me (yet!). It has light coverage. I use it alone just to prevent an oily t-zone or to even out my skin and also to set foundation without that heavy look and feel of powder.

In all honesty - this is the only powder I've used which does not emphasize or cause dry patches nor feel heavy, and having combination skin, I've tried so many different types of powders I have lost count. Before leaving my house in the mornings, I always check my skin in a mirror beside a window to see if everything is blended well and if any make-up is visible in natural daylight - and this passes my test. I hope they never discontinue this powder, I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used a lot of brands in mineral foundations but this is one of the best. Although, I have used BE for many years, I was not happy with the color selection. The shades are either too yellow or too pink, even in the neutral category. I am somewhat NC30 but not as yellow. I use Buff Beige which is the exact match for me. The other great benefit to this is that it lasts on my skin for hours. I have to use a primer for BE but I don't need one for this. I would say that this is a great product for people with oily skin. Also, your brush has to be made for minerals unless the whole product goes to waste. Highly recommended!