MAC Fluidline Eyeliner Gel Macroviolet

on 6/28/2010 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think it's a great dark shade of purple. It's a subtle and refreshing switch from black, though from far away it's hard to notice that it's purple. What I love most, though, is that it STAYS. I have a super oily area right along my lash line that's always shiny, so nothing stays, it always settles in the crease after a bit. But so far so good with this. The product distribution has remained pretty uniform. Application was easy, I didn't feel too rushed to get it on before it dried, but once it dried... It stayed. Love it.

I love the fluidlines, and i have just written a review for the blacktrack colour, but i didnt really like this colour. i have tried it about 6 times or so now but the colour doesnt pop enough for me. Thats appealing to some people but i love the blacktrack because it is so strong, whereas this is a bit shimmery so it looks less defined on the eye. good to use with other purples i guess but im more of a brown and black kinda gal so ill stick to my blacktrack. The only reason i wouldnt buy again is the colour, the fluidline is the best type of gel eyeliner stuff ive used and will continue to buy!

on 6/13/2010 11:37:00 AM

Great product! Superior lasting power, smooth line and a very workable, subtle greyish/brownish purple. I haven't been able to wear many purple eyeliners, as they are red-toned and make me look sickly. This one is much more flattering and works well with my pale skin, dark hair and hazel eyes. I've used Bobbi Brown, Shu Uemura, drug store ones, etc. I find this much more dependable, smooth and natural/flattering. Plus, Fluidline is cheaper than most!

on 6/7/2010 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i'm a big mac fan and i love blacktrack but this not so much. it's so "nothing special"! i create a much prettier purplely eye by using satellite dreams with a touch of arena on the inner lower lid and the limited edition powerpoint pencil in rave with a thin line blacktrack. i'm returning this. i suggest trying it on before buy. it looks better in the pot than on the eye.

on 6/4/2010 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought this to go with my purple mascara that I got recently. I really like this plum purple with a hint of shimmer in it. When I tested it out on my hand it was a nice colour as well as texture.

The only thing is that when I did apply it to my eyes it was less pigmented than it showed on my hand. Other than that I actually like it a lot, like others have said it has worked really well with my oily lids (as they are hooded) and once it dried it stayed for most of the day, didn't notice much smudging. I do have to put a couple of layers to get the colour on which is alright. I also tried adding a shimmery purple eye shadow to bring out the colour which works quite nicely too.

Overall I'm pretty happy with this gel liner, price-wise its ok I suppose since its going to last me a lonnngg time, just hope it doesn't dry out too quickly

on 5/24/2010 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. The color is a soft smoky purple with a hint of bronze shimmer. It makes my N5 skinand hazel eyes glow.

on 5/17/2010 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE the shade of this waterproof gel liner!!! Shows up on my C1 skin as a smokey plum with a hint of jeweled amethyst. It seems to dry out on the brush a little faster than my Dipdown fluidline, but I am not sure why, or if that's my imagination.

on 5/13/2010 11:40:00 PM

Love this colour! Shimmery, true violet which isn't too red/brown or too blue. The colour is apparently the same as the Bobbi Brown Violet Ink, but I think the shimmer of this one is more prominent. I also prefer the texture which is slightly more fluid and easier to handle in my opinion than BB gels, which can clump a bit. I apply it with the MAC 210 brush, which makes a nice fine line. Lasted well through the day.

I'm a NW20, brown eyes almost black hair, wear a lot of brown/plum eyeshadow and this works well with both. I also use black eyeliner, but this is a nice variation. I'm planning to try it with my new green/plum smoky eye look, and I expect it to turn out very nice! I like the visible shimmer, which not all the gels seem to have. A little more pricey than I usually pay, but in this case well worth it! I hear the pots last for years and I don't wear eyeliner every day so I think it will end up good value for the price paid...

Edit: loving this more and more! Lashed out and used this all over the lid for an amazing purple smoky eye! Love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily eyelids, and this is the only eyeliner that stays on my lids (with the help of loose powder as a base). I like the staying power. It is blendable, but you have to act fast.

My only complaints: the cost, and the extra packaging in the form of a tiny box. Otherwise, I really like this product. I also really love shopping at MAC. The service and selection are excellent. Their products are of great quality and value.

on 4/23/2010 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I bought this product because I loved MAC's Blacktrack. I was a little disappointed as Macroviolet didn't have the same intensity or pigment. I tried to use it as I did with Blacktrack but I'd have to go over it 3-4 times for it to become a little more pigmented. However, I will say that it does make a pretty good base for shadows.

Top Rated MAC Products