October 30, 2014 | 1777 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eyeliner Gel Macroviolet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Rachierach0000

I love the fluidlines, and i have just written a review for the blacktrack colour, but i didnt really like this colour. i have tried it about 6 times or so now but the colour doesnt pop enough for me. Thats appealing to some people but i love the blacktrack because it is so strong, whereas this is a bit shimmery so it looks less defined on the eye. good to use with other purples i guess but im more of a brown and black kinda gal so ill stick to my blacktrack. The only reason i wouldnt buy again is the colour, the fluidline is the best type of gel eyeliner stuff ive used and will continue to buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Great product! Superior lasting power, smooth line and a very workable, subtle greyish/brownish purple. I haven't been able to wear many purple eyeliners, as they are red-toned and make me look sickly. This one is much more flattering and works well with my pale skin, dark hair and hazel eyes. I've used Bobbi Brown, Shu Uemura, drug store ones, etc. I find this much more dependable, smooth and natural/flattering. Plus, Fluidline is cheaper than most!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i'm a big mac fan and i love blacktrack but this not so much. it's so "nothing special"! i create a much prettier purplely eye by using satellite dreams with a touch of arena on the inner lower lid and the limited edition powerpoint pencil in rave with a thin line blacktrack. i'm returning this. i suggest trying it on before buy. it looks better in the pot than on the eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by hikuto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to go with my purple mascara that I got recently. I really like this plum purple with a hint of shimmer in it. When I tested it out on my hand it was a nice colour as well as texture.

The only thing is that when I did apply it to my eyes it was less pigmented than it showed on my hand. Other than that I actually like it a lot, like others have said it has worked really well with my oily lids (as they are hooded) and once it dried it stayed for most of the day, didn't notice much smudging. I do have to put a couple of layers to get the colour on which is alright. I also tried adding a shimmery purple eye shadow to bring out the colour which works quite nicely too.

Overall I'm pretty happy with this gel liner, price-wise its ok I suppose since its going to last me a lonnngg time, just hope it doesn't dry out too quickly

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. The color is a soft smoky purple with a hint of bronze shimmer. It makes my N5 skinand hazel eyes glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by missm88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

LOVE the shade of this waterproof gel liner!!! Shows up on my C1 skin as a smokey plum with a hint of jeweled amethyst. It seems to dry out on the brush a little faster than my Dipdown fluidline, but I am not sure why, or if that's my imagination.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Elizabby

Love this colour! Shimmery, true violet which isn't too red/brown or too blue. The colour is apparently the same as the Bobbi Brown Violet Ink, but I think the shimmer of this one is more prominent. I also prefer the texture which is slightly more fluid and easier to handle in my opinion than BB gels, which can clump a bit. I apply it with the MAC 210 brush, which makes a nice fine line. Lasted well through the day.

I'm a NW20, brown eyes almost black hair, wear a lot of brown/plum eyeshadow and this works well with both. I also use black eyeliner, but this is a nice variation. I'm planning to try it with my new green/plum smoky eye look, and I expect it to turn out very nice! I like the visible shimmer, which not all the gels seem to have. A little more pricey than I usually pay, but in this case well worth it! I hear the pots last for years and I don't wear eyeliner every day so I think it will end up good value for the price paid...

Edit: loving this more and more! Lashed out and used this all over the lid for an amazing purple smoky eye! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Princesstwenty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily eyelids, and this is the only eyeliner that stays on my lids (with the help of loose powder as a base). I like the staying power. It is blendable, but you have to act fast.

My only complaints: the cost, and the extra packaging in the form of a tiny box. Otherwise, I really like this product. I also really love shopping at MAC. The service and selection are excellent. Their products are of great quality and value.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Britni09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because I loved MAC's Blacktrack. I was a little disappointed as Macroviolet didn't have the same intensity or pigment. I tried to use it as I did with Blacktrack but I'd have to go over it 3-4 times for it to become a little more pigmented. However, I will say that it does make a pretty good base for shadows.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

i bought this bc i have had great results using Blacktrack and Rich Ground on my waterline. this, however, deposited NO pigment on the waterline after using various techniques. i've used this as an eyeshadow base and it's okay for that. overall i was very disappointed as it doesnt perform like the other fluidlines i have had success with.