August 28, 2014 | 932 users online

Treatments - Nailtek - Nailtek Intensive Therapy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that Nailtek II does it's job. I have horrible thin and peeling nails. I use Biotin as a nail supplement and it has helped, but I'm hoping Nailtek will take it the next step further. I'm in week two of treatment and it has made my nails stronger and haven't broke or cracked yet. I use it as a base and top coat with my beloved China Glaze polishes as directed and it keeps my nail colour lasting long and glossy looking too. I will continue to use and buy in hopes I will see some more great results.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by arizonamuaddict

I have the NailTek II and love it. It makes my nails seem stronger after just one application. It's also really shiny and makes a pretty good top coat, as well. Hopefully, this will help cure my terrible peeling nails. I guess only time will tell if this is reall a miracle cure for me. My only complain so far is that the top is really hard to work with because it is so wide. Will probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by VegasGlossJunkie

I bought this because it was suggested to me by a nail technician to help correct the flaking and peeling that happens after acrylic nails are taken off. It works GREAT! You have to apply it everyday like the instructions suggest, otherwise it peels. But if you stay with it, it works wonders. I've also used it on my nails when they weren't damaged from acrylics, just weak and peeling and it made them soooo much stronger. Definitely a HG for weak nails.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2007 1:54:00 AM More reviews by frankenstain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Nail Tek is really good to use after you have acrylic nails removed. After having acrylics my nails are so thin and brittle I can feel though them and its really creepy. But if I keep layering on Nail Tek everyday they eventually get better. My nails are the type that are thin and grow fast but break easily. I just can't grow my nails very long so it just depends on your genes for hard thick nails. Nail Tek is good stuff and I always use it as my base coat. Its expensive but my aunt buys it for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 9:35:00 PM More reviews by miss_mel_b

on week 3 of using this and have noticed an improvement on the strength of my nails. peeling has lessened and the elusive index finger nail has started to grow! haha

would recommend but patience is needed for actual results.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2007 3:34:00 PM More reviews by JAkes24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had weak, peeling nails and used this product for years. While at first it did exactly what it advertised and I could not live without it, over years of use it actually made my nails brittle because of the formeldahyde in it.

So while I think this works fantastic initially it is not for the long haul.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2007 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Heathe

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using Nailtek II after reading about it here, and it has made the most amazing difference in my nails. I have always had nails that are fragile and peel, and though I sometimes find products that work for a while, eventually when my nails grow out, they then get tiny breaks along the sides. So far, that has not happened with this product. My nails are strong and hard, and they began growing out almost instantly after I started using this. I only use it a few times a week. I did have problems with my polish peeling off, but the last few weeks I've been using OPI Drip Dry over my polish, and that seems to have stopped the peeling for some reason. This is truly and amazing product.....I am so excited to finally have nails that are all one length, strong, and beautiful! Love this!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2007 5:57:00 AM More reviews by nmone84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This does not do what it claims - I followed the directions to a T and it, along with my nailpolish (Orly), just peels right off or chips even though the most intense thing I have done with my hands in the past 2 days was write or type. I can't believe they charge $10 for this - $3 Sally Hansen "Get Strong" works 100x better. It's a rip off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2007 11:48:00 AM More reviews by retro_vertigo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot fathom how this could possibly get a bad review. My natural nails are fairly thick, grow quickly and do not peel, but they chip and split easily. I had acrylic nails for about a year and had them removed about three months ago. My nails were trashed. Paper thin and peeling like crazy. The bottle says to use apply this daily for maximum results, but I did it once or twice a week at best. I also used this in conjunction with the Nail Tek Foundation II Ridge Filler. So, in three months and with occasional use, my nails are now stronger than they were before the acrylic nails. I can only imagine the shape they would be in if I had been more diligent with the application. I did not experience any staining, but I did wear it only over the Foundation II.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2006 11:05:00 AM More reviews by faitaccompli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, this really works. I used to have weak peeling nails and now that I've used this twice a week for 6 months they are so strong I have to cut them back before they break on me. Will purchase again and again.